Tech Master

ah so ninja of da thread
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #9302
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
It was pulled from Corally's site after someone discovered it. Luckily, I'm a ninja.
I told myself that I wasn't buying a new car this year, but this one is going to be hard to resist.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #9303
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

That is nice kit! I like it.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #9304
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I like it... not completely different then the current model (which is awesome IMHO), but it looks more like a couple updates. It'll be interesting to see when it launches though.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #9305
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It looks a whole like like all the combined updates over the years with a few new wrinkles, like bulkheads that probably allow easier access to the diffs. Hopefully the roll centers are easier to change now, too.

It's probably about that time. There's a lot of upgrading that can be done on the RDX, and it's confusing to consumers that don't follow the car closely.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #9306
Tech Lord

A fully updated RDX with what's available today is probably closer to the second car than the first one.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #9307
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
A fully updated RDX with what's available today is probably closer to the second car than the first one.
I agree - and the best part is that it will not make the current car as outdated as some of the other manufactures have done with their cars.

Glad I made the switch to Corally... now I just need to save the $$$ and get the 12X.

duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #9308
Tech Champion

The motor mount looks like it brings the motor in closer to centerline. The bulkheads look too thin to allow easier access, but I could be wrong. The rear of the chassis is cut out just behind the motor. Maybe this allows more rear flex to help keep the back planted. Single bellcrank steering system and even less room for electronics. (thank God for spektrum receivers.) I'd like to see them get rid of the graphite upper bumper. I don't know how many of those I broke, but I know that somebody found a way to put there kid through college with those things. So when is the date? Snowbirds release? Cleveland? Columbus day?
Old 10-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #9309
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm thinking any twisting.flex in the bulkheads is unwanted. If they wanted to keep the rear planted I'd think it would be better to use softer springs or some other method. Bulkheads twisting seems it woujls bind the diff bearings or something. But thats just mho. My $$ is on the easier diff access. Notice how the rear shock tower is screwed directly to the bulkhead without the current crossbar that is recessed? I bet the shock tower is attached to a piece taht lifts pf the bulkheads to reveal the diff. But with a picture like that it could just be my eyes playing tricks on me.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #9310
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996

Glad I made the switch to Corally... now I just need to save the $$$ and get the 12X.

Get a job!!!!!!!
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #9311
Tech Lord

One thing to consider, as far as release goes, is how long the 12X took to get to market compared to when we first saw pictures of it show up. And those were official pictures. What we saw seemed to be a finished car, and looks a whole like like the one that was finally released. This RDX picture came from an official product shot with Corally's new setup station, so they obviously felt it was finished enough to put it on there. But, they don't seem to mind waiting quite a while to get the little things right, which is a good thing.

I don't see anything on the new car that makes me anxious for it to get to market. The current car is awesome, and apparently they agree, since its replacement appears to be a whole lot of the same. Clearly, Corally still has confidence in the platform, and only intends to upgrade it, rather than throw something entirely new into the mix.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #9312
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I'm thinking any twisting.flex in the bulkheads is unwanted. If they wanted to keep the rear planted I'd think it would be better to use softer springs or some other method. Bulkheads twisting seems it woujls bind the diff bearings or something. But thats just mho. My $$ is on the easier diff access. Notice how the rear shock tower is screwed directly to the bulkhead without the current crossbar that is recessed? I bet the shock tower is attached to a piece taht lifts pf the bulkheads to reveal the diff. But with a picture like that it could just be my eyes playing tricks on me.
Not to compare the two cars, but with the '007 they said they split the bulkhead/motor mount because the one piece design made the rear too stiff. That's where I was getting my guess on the chassis flex. I agree that the bulkheads twisting would not be good for diff action. I saw the rear tower mount after I posted and I think you're right. I think the tower will come off with the body post mount to allow access to the diff. Either way, I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #9313
Tech Lord

The new topdeck lets you move your electronics much closer to the centerline of the chassis. I was able to get my monstrosity of a GTB in about half an inch or more from where it used to be. I also was able to move my micro Spektrum receiver (which is on top of of the servo) in quite a bit, further moving the weight inward.

I had to trim the new topdeck a bit to make it fit on the offset bulkhead. I hope that doesn't affect its rigidity too much.

Last edited by syndr0me; 10-08-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #9314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
The new topdeck lets you move your electronics much closer to the centerline of the chassis. I was able to get my monstrosity of a GTB in about half an inch or more from where it used to be. I also was able to move my micro Spektrum receiver (which is on top of of the server) in quite a bit, further moving the weight inward.

I had to trim the new bulkhead a bit to make it fit on the offset bulkhead. I hope that doesn't affect its rigidity too much.
Heres what Syn meant to say :

I had to trim the new top deck a bit to make it fit on the offset bulkhead. I hope that doesn't affect the top deck's rigidity too much
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #9315
Tech Lord

Oops, thanks! I'll edit my little, eh, moment of weakness.