R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #9211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
For those of you that measure uptravel, how hard to you pull up on the suspension when you take your measurement? You can pull up gently until the suspension stops working and measure there, but if you pull just a little harder, you can get almost another 2mm. I don't mean REALLY hard or anything.
I just measure it up to where the suspension stops - i don't force it to go any higher than when it first "stops"
Old 09-30-2006, 01:54 PM   #9212
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
mine measured to be 3.8 mm thick.
Hey Johnny,

Is your dad, John, able to talk yet? Must have lost his voice cheering for you.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #9213
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
For those of you that measure uptravel, how hard to you pull up on the suspension when you take your measurement? You can pull up gently until the suspension stops working and measure there, but if you pull just a little harder, you can get almost another 2mm. I don't mean REALLY hard or anything.
Hey, Yes, this measuremeant can very alot, What I do is put my car on the setup board, raise the car and make sure i push on the wheels to get the maximum travel, you dont push hard, just push so its actually on the droop screw, i'd then measure it... i think the harder measuremeant is what to measure. Not a matter of how hard you push or pull, as you need to have the wisbone fully extended (touching the screw or your not measuring what you need to be) the harder thing is, if somone said set it to 7mm. So you grab your ride height gauge and put the car up on 7, but where do you want your wheels at 7? full traction? planted on the board, just hovering on the board, or with a tiny air gap... I generally pull the wheels off the board completly with the screw, and then lower them down, until I feel the tyres are moderetly on the board, a tiny bit after when they first touch.
8800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:40 PM   #9214
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill
Hey Johnny,

Is your dad, John, able to talk yet? Must have lost his voice cheering for you.

Bill

Yea, Thursday he finally got it back... It was almost a whole week were I didnt really have to hear him though!
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:29 AM   #9215

My RDX is too twitchy how can I fix the problem, can anybody post a set up for asphalt racing, Thanks.
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:37 AM   #9216
Tech Apprentice

hi, can i buy the knew topdeck for my rdx in the UK yet??????

also does anyone out there have an RDX front diff second hand i could buy off them as i have a spool and i do not like it, or we could swap my spool for your diff

thanx jordan
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:18 AM   #9217
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default idiot racing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COREX
My RDX is too twitchy how can I fix the problem, can anybody post a set up vfor asphalt racing, Thanks.

Last edited by ShermanSim; 10-01-2006 at 09:17 PM.
ShermanSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #9218
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanSim
I think the problem is you, you can't even know how to set up your car, instead of asking questions here, try reading the manual, or that's too hard? you must be really dumb!
Wow! That seemed a little un-called for.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #9219
Tech Master

Quote:
My RDX is too twitchy how can I fix the problem, can anybody post a set up for asphalt racing, Thanks.
Okay, did you use the "original" setup that was used when you put the chassis together? What surface are you running on? What tires are you running on? You're going to have to be a little more specific in order for us to give you a hand.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #9220
Tech Addict

I don't think you need to be that harsh Sherman, probably having a bad day or something. Almost everyone here is to learn about things, aren't they here for adjustment help then they are here for the new findings and such.

@ COREX
You should just ask at the track were you are going to plan to race.
There are plenty of people out there that are willing to help you. Don't worry if there aren't people running a RDX, there are some important common things that (almost) everyone is running, like tires for example.
And you can always check out the setup section on the corally site.
Just take a look at them and see if there are things that are the same and compare them.
If you would like to know more about those adjustments you could indeed take a look in the manual which explains it quite well.

I just started with TC's, I have always raced with F1's and 1/12th's so I can't really give you specfic tips..... yet!
Old 10-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #9221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Just a couple of suggestions:

If it is too sensitive around center when you are steering you can:

1) Turn down your dual rate in your radio
2) Turn down the steering exponential in your radio.

These only apply if you car is handling well overall and is just a little too sensitive for your taste.

Good Luck

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #9222
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy

hey ya all! anyone here who has a good set-up for the RDX.. specifically using a RIDE Accord 196 or D-Stratus MK.II or III body?
Old 10-01-2006, 10:19 AM   #9223

Quote:
I think the problem is you, you can't even know how to set up your car, instead of asking questions here, try reading the manual, or that's too hard? you must be really dumb!
I believe you are the dumb one, what grammar is that "you can't even know how to set up your car,"
anybody know what his problem is? sounds like you are a HillBilly from Cambodia.

Anyway thanks for the input guys, I'm going to try some adjustment today and let you guys know the result, please be honest with me, is this car suitable for Asphalt racing? or is it only good for carpet racing?
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #9224
Tech Addict

Take a look at the results.
It won a lot off national titles around the world and most off them are raced on asphalt, but for as far as I know the RDX is raced more on carpet in the states, so that's why you read a lot about that in here.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #9225
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Quote:
Some people dont have a track that is perminent that they can get practice/setup time on, so they post on forums like these in an effort to shortcut their issues due to the small amount of the they get at the track, think about things before you post them.
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote