Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

goetz will be setting the lap times.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #9197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21
Just a quick kit question......If it is one of the kits with the chassis pre drilled for the motor guard (US Carpet Spec Kit), is the chassis also already set to accept the Specialized offset motor mount?
As far as I know the chassis needs to be milled out for the offset motor mount. It is a pretty easy task with a dremel - it took me all of 30 minutes at the most. All I did was mount screw in the motor mount where it sits, i then took an exacto and scoured the graphite where I needed to cut it out, I then took the multipurpose dremel cutting kit:

and then just dremeled it out to get the right fit. Hope this helps
Old 09-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #9198
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
Guys please welcome DodgeGuy to the club. We finally convinced him to drop the T2 and step into a real car . I will teach him the secret handshake later this week.
Welcome brother Dodgeguy...
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #9199
Suspended

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
IN the meantime I'll try around 1 to 2 seconds off the foam tire stock laptimes-depending on whos setting the laptimes (ie. Goetz or Hermmann).
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
goetz will be setting the lap times.
Better go with the 1 second difference.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:04 PM   #9200
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
Well_I am going to try my hand at Rubber tires again. Talking in large generalities that the fastest rubber tire/carpet set-up is one in which you can spin the car out at will, but when driven smoothly with throttle inputs going to the apex that you dont spin out?

In other words-if you are to dial a set-up in thats flat planted and can even be driven aggresively and rear remains planted that that set-up is inherently slow? I think I am going to start with Ertracters (sp?) IIC set-up.

I need to know these things since I have NO ONE to practice against on rubber tires till the Halloween Classic practice starts. IN the meantime I'll try around 1 to 2 seconds off the foam tire stock laptimes-depending on whos setting the laptimes (ie. Goetz or Hermmann).

Not sure about your 'fast = spin out' theory, but that is definately the setup to run for carpet rubber and it in no way will ever spin out. You can drive it as hard into the corner as you wish and it just grips and hugs the line. Can't argue with back to back IIC wins
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:25 PM   #9201
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I did find that it the getting the car to rotate was a combo of my setup pand how I drove a car. The T2 seems to have a good amount of rear grip. It was really good for me on the asphalt with rubber tire. But with foams I do not really like it.

So I have an RDX now on the way to try.
Dodgeguy...I have some great foam setups if you need. I spent about a year and a half on different setups for the RDX and came up with some really good ones. I'll be working on them again this weekend
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #9202
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21
Dodgeguy...I have some great foam setups if you need. I spent about a year and a half on different setups for the RDX and came up with some really good ones. I'll be working on them again this weekend

Yeah man that works. I will PM you.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:31 PM   #9203
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What kind of tuning tricks did you guys do at the IIC to overcome the low traction? Any specific changes that yielded good results? It might be useful information that we could apply at the club level since our traction never gets as intense as the big races where most of the "pro" setups are born.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #9204
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ERTRACHTER

syndrome jason ertrachter here i ran my same setup from the iic last year that is on the corally website the only changes i made were i used the new 1.1 pistons and took my front swaybar off and my car was absolutely dialed
ASSOCIATED 12r5.1,REEDY MOTOR AND BATTERY, LRP SPEEDO,KIMBROUGH PRODUCTS,BIG DOG RACING,BELMONT R/C SPEEDSHOP, DENNIS LYMAN RACING, TEAM TOSO, TEAM FACTORY BITTER, SCHUUR SOLUTIONS, SIMMONS RACING, TEAM BOOZCRUZ
ERTRACHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #9205
Tech Regular

how do you mout swaybar on the new arm???? did the parts are avaible or we can make it whit other parts from other company???

later
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #9206
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
syndrome jason ertrachter here i ran my same setup from the iic last year that is on the corally website the only changes i made were i used the new 1.1 pistons and took my front swaybar off and my car was absolutely dialed
Heh, I feel like I'm following you around from thread to thread.

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised you guys didn't have to change more for the low traction, especially on rubber tires.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:51 AM   #9207
Tech Rookie

My web browser is either not working right or I'm an idiot, both of which could be true. Would someone post a link to the online manual for the RDX.

Thanks Andy
andythebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:53 AM   #9208
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here ya go

http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/cars/RDXManual.pdf
gmintimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #9209
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RichO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:05 PM   #9210
Tech Lord

For those of you that measure uptravel, how hard to you pull up on the suspension when you take your measurement? You can pull up gently until the suspension stops working and measure there, but if you pull just a little harder, you can get almost another 2mm. I don't mean REALLY hard or anything.