Quote:
Originally Posted by black-knight
Jan '07

Easy change roll centers

Easy maintenance on diffs
Ball Mounts are on the bulkhead instead of being on the shock towers
Motor moved closer to the centre of the car
Easier spur gear access
I hope you're right. Those are things we've all cited as changes we'd like to see on the RDX.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #8852
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

i like the fact that the new upperdeck will include the center steering parts also.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #8853
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I hope you're right. Those are things we've all cited as changes we'd like to see on the RDX.
Changes are comments from Corally. Very exciting stuff.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #8854
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Just in time for my birthday! Me likey what me hear- . . .y?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:45 AM   #8855
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First nite out with the RDX, Small club race.... Box stock dual diffs on rubber and i snagged the TQ! But pooped the bed in the main and got 3rd. Pretty happy with the feel of the car, i had no practice or setup time(i started with a recomended starting setup) i just showed up and ran the thing. Just need some track time to get the thing dialed, i had some issues with some 180 turns where i could not seem to get the car turn in and hold a fast line, I was wishing for a oneway...

First thoughts:
-front wheels rub bottom of arms.(RP premounts from last season a little out of round) I have not had this happen on my FK04. Is this just an RDX issue? I tried to use a 1mm shim on the hex drives to move the wheels out it helped a bit but i could here clicking in the corners(bench testing proved it was the wheels as i tried with and without them mounted

-rear toe. awe man its impossible to adjust without removing the bulkheads and diff... A fast change i was used to making now is a headache. IS there a trick?

-CVDS- all 4 are still straigh(dual diff to thank im sure)

-no broken parts(specialed kydex and bumper thanks)

-diffs are butter smooth

-friend busted his rear shock tower... should i be picking up a spare or is there a 6mm hopup? LOL

Anyway i really enjoyed the car and it behaved very well on the track left and right turns seemed the same and stick packs was a joy, no more saddle packs
Old 09-07-2006, 04:55 AM   #8856
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
front wheels rub bottom of arms.(RP premounts from last season a little out of round) I have not had this happen on my FK04. Is this just an RDX issue?
It seems to be. I had the same problem, and eventually started mounting my own tires on SpeedMind wheels. I haven't tested it with the new arms, but I have no reason to think it wouldn't be an issue there either.

Quote:
-rear toe. awe man its impossible to adjust without removing the bulkheads and diff... A fast change i was used to making now is a headache. IS there a trick?
I've seen guys replace those screws with hex screw they can kind of get to with a rounded allen. Regardless, it's a giant pain to change. Word on the streets is that this is one of the updates we'll see on the "new" RDX.

Quote:
CVDS- all 4 are still straigh(dual diff to thank im sure)
Check out the steel CVDs. They're tough as hell. I haven't bent one ever.

Quote:
-friend busted his rear shock tower... should i be picking up a spare or is there a 6mm hopup?
I complained about this one a lot, and thought it fell on deaf ears. Sounds like Corally quietly updated the shock towers to include more "meat" around the holes. There was a post a few pages back with comparison pictures. Team Tamale makes some shock tower supports for the RDX that really, really work. You might be able to get them from A/B Charles, or Tamale direct.

Quote:
Anyway i really enjoyed the car and it behaved very well on the track left and right turns seemed the same and stick packs was a joy, no more saddle packs
It's a really nice car. Even with all the updates, there's still a few quirks. The updated version seems like it's going to solve a lot of those, but until then, we're stuck with a few workarounds and inconveniences.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:58 AM   #8857
Tech Lord

The shock towers are only an issue in the outer-most holes. They seem a bit easy to break, especially if you put much side-load on the car. I haven't tested the new ones, but I'm assuming they're better. It sounds like camber links might be changed in the updated car, but again, we'll have to wait and see.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #8858
Tech Fanatic

just got an email from a friend.... it appears the new topdecks are available on the corally international site
Jaybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #8859
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Yup!

Corally says:
- allows the option of mounting the center steering system for more Ackerman.
- results in higher cornering speed.
- less tire wear.
- smooth driving.
- the new topdeck design improves the flex characteristics for optimized left and right balance.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Corally RDX Touring Car-79359a.jpg  
Old 09-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #8860
Tech Lord

You guys are quick.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:28 AM   #8861
Tech Regular

so i guess the new top deck is better for rubber than foam cause it have more flex????

Later!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #8862
Tech Lord

I dunno.. since they made a thick version, maybe this -is- the topdeck of the future. They've been trying for a while to get any flex it may have to be even from side to side.

If that's the case, the talk about the "prototype" car in the pictures being rubber only because of its narrow topdeck is all wrong. It's starting to look like that's definitely the car of the future. I wonder how long it'll be.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:12 AM   #8863
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It basically just changes ackerman characteristics, I think it is aimed more for rubber tires though.

-Korey
Old 09-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #8864
Tech Fanatic

Default ? about gearing

At some of the big events or even local races I will sometimes ask a factory driver what they are using for gearing or rollout. Most of the time this gearing advice is a couple of teeth too high for me. Motor to hot, car is sluggish, or my lap times are much slower. I'm thinking its because they have better motors and batteries than me that allows them use bigger gears. But is this true or are there other reasons?
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #8865
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow
At some of the big events or even local races I will sometimes ask a factory driver what they are using for gearing or rollout. Most of the time this gearing advice is a couple of teeth too high for me. Motor to hot, car is sluggish, or my lap times are much slower. I'm thinking its because they have better motors and batteries than me that allows them use bigger gears. But is this true or are there other reasons?
]

Its becuase they drive smoother, and their car setups are really good. This lets them carry more corner speed. This is why they can run the big gears. Their cars never slow down much so their motors dont have to work as hard.

This is one of those things you can't buy. You get it through a ton of practice or natural talent.

FYI, look at your local pro's batteries. You can buy cells that are just as good or better from half a dozen battery companies.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote