R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #8836
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie814340
Hey what are the trf shocks like on the rdx? whats ur spring and shock combination?
In my opinion, Tamiya shocks are some of the best made and I've seen them on all types of cars. I'm using MSX kit shocks.

Carpet:
front 60wt Tamiya 3-hole pistons with AE purple springs
rear 40wt Tamiya 3-hole pistons with AE blue springs

Asphalt:
front 40wt Tamiya 3-hole pistons with Tamiya white springs
rear 35wt Tamiya 3-hole pistons with Tamiya blue springs

BUT...the RDX shocks work well too if you take care of them. I guess I'm just lazy.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #8837
Tech Fanatic

Do any of you guys know where i can get my mits on a 4mm chassis?
Currently, Corally USA is out of stock and probably wont have any available till next week and i need one for this weekend. Although, they gave me the number to AB-Charles and they appear to have them but their selling them for $150. So if anybody knows a shop that has one in stock at the normal going rate please let me know.
Thank you,
Chris
Old 09-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #8838
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

This is just an update to a running question I and others have had about alternatives to the corally narrow hexes. I ordered and have been using the T2 standard hexes. They measure only 4.5 mm opposed to the corally narrow 4.0 mm. THe upside is that I can crank down on them tighter than you would ever think necessary and they don't snap. I've been running them for about 3 weeks with a full days worth of practice on labor day and have had zero issues. The best part is I bought a pair of them for around 7 dollars through my hobby shop. I will warn you to save your clamp screws from your corally hexes if you go to the xray ones as the xray package has ONLY the two hexes in the package. No screws or drive pins. Just an fyi for those interested in an alternative clamping hex that doesn't cost a fortune (HPI!!)
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:35 PM   #8839
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
why would corally pay someone to photo shop a car together for there own website. It may not be a final version of a new car but everything on there is similar to the rdx out now.
\

so is it real or what? why hasnt corally said they are coming out with a new car?

Old 09-06-2006, 03:24 AM   #8840
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman
In my opinion, Tamiya shocks are some of the best made and I've seen them on all types of cars. I'm using MSX kit shocks.

Carpet:
front 60wt Tamiya 3-hole pistons with AE purple springs
rear 40wt Tamiya 3-hole pistons with AE blue springs

Asphalt:
front 40wt Tamiya 3-hole pistons with Tamiya white springs
rear 35wt Tamiya 3-hole pistons with Tamiya blue springs

BUT...the RDX shocks work well too if you take care of them. I guess I'm just lazy.
Hey i really like the look and handling of the trf shocks, anyone have any worlds pictures or big championships were the trf shocks o nthe rdx were used?
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #8841
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Ted B.

In order to use the outer shock mounting hole on the new rear wishbones, do you have to do some sort of modification so the tires don't hit the lower shock ball ends?

Last edited by Ted B.; 09-06-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Ted B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #8842
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie814340
Hey i really like the look and handling of the trf shocks, anyone have any worlds pictures or big championships were the trf shocks o nthe rdx were used?
As far as I know there aren't many out there, because most of them (the big names) are sponsered by Corally so they use their shocks.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #8843
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchorr
\

so is it real or what? why hasnt corally said they are coming out with a new car?
Because Corally USA found out the same time we did
sliprip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #8844
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I imagine since Corally USA went on the record saying there would be no new car for this carpet season, the release of this image puts them in a precarious position. It's possible they didn't know about it at all. It's possible they knew about it, but also know it's not coming out for a while, so decided to stay quiet about it. It's possible this is an asphalt car (look at the topdeck) and a carpet spec version won't be around until after this carpet season.

This is all speculation on my part, but since the public found out about the SP12X the same time Corally USA did, I wouldn't be surprised if this was unknown to them. Corally seems to do a very good job of keeping their secrets, well, secret, even from their international distributors. Someone will enlighten us when the time is right.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #8845
Tech Addict

I don't think they are going to release this or a new car any time soon.
Just take a look at the 12X, that was already seen in february this year and still isn't in production.
Besides the car on the tweakboard looks like it's more designed for asphalt than the current model. And that would me a logical step if you take a look at the other companies. So releasing such a car at this time of the year wouldn't be that great since the outdoor season is already closing.
I think (and there were already rumors about this) they are coming out with a new car around february 2007. Problaby at the 2007 Nürnberg toy fair in germany.
Please keep in mind; Corally isn't Xray!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:15 PM   #8846
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

IIRC, Jeff Brown ALREADY stated that some of the team drivers are testing out new chassis/top deck/steering linkage at some of the big races. The pics posted are most likely of those experimental cars. No platform advances without first having the team drivers do testing at major races, to see if a change IS truely a step forward. So quit getting your panties in a twist about Corally releasing a new car 'any time now', and making your current RDX obsolete.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #8847
Tech Lord

Well, it did show up in a product shot of a brand new product on their official site. It's not like the guys there don't know the difference between an "old" RDX and an experimental new one. Maybe they didn't have any old ones around to photograph, because they didn't update the picture with an old RDX, but just removed it entirely. Ya dig?
Old 09-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #8848
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Jan '07

Easy change roll centers

Easy maintenance on diffs
Ball Mounts are on the bulkhead instead of being on the shock towers
Motor moved closer to the centre of the car
Easier spur gear access
Old 09-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #8849
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-knight
Jan '07

Easy change roll centers

Easy maintenance on diffs
Ball Mounts are on the bulkhead instead of being on the shock towers
Motor moved closer to the centre of the car
Easier spur gear access
Oh crap, is this an upgrade or new kit!?! Coming from a regional moderator, cite your source please.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #8850
Tech Lord

Corally.com has news of a newly designed topdeck for the RDX, including the verbiage "2006 Competition Spec."

"Suitable for use on RDX cars."