Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The 4mm chassis isn't milled to let you do that with the servo. At least the older version wasn't, maybe they changed that. I've been using the short Futaba servo for a year now, and it's great. I can hide my transponder behind it.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

it doesnt look like they changed anything that will make the car more convienient to work on which is one of the main problems with this car. I like the equal length rear bulkheads but the topdeck is more narrow meaning more flex, which isnt good for carpet. IMO it looks as if the looks were changed but not much else geometry or convienience wise. I guess time will tell.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

One of the reasons I like this car so much is that they have not split the bulkheads for easier access to the diffs - leads to a car that tweaks so much less then the MSX/T2 IMHO.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Even if it were a whole new car, you can't really get too mad at Corally, the support for the RDX has been great.

It's definitely an updated version of the car, but it's still an RDX. I agree, doesn't look like a carpet car. I'm curious to hear more about it. And just to reiterate, this was posted on the front page of corally.com, so nobody get their panties in a twist.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I see the man
Old 09-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
???????
Use a low profile servo and mount it closer to the center. It just looks cleaner .

-Korey
Old 09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Use a low profile servo and mount it closer to the center. It just looks cleaner .

-Korey
And helps with placement of fans on motor while keeping side-to-side weight balanced.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey how does the trf shocks work on the rdx who uses them here and what are they like.

Thanks
Jamie
Old 09-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Still Bill
And helps with placement of fans on motor while keeping side-to-side weight balanced.
Oh who actually worries about that? j/k

-Korey
Old 09-04-2006, 03:56 PM

Default FINISHED BUMPER AND RADIO TRAY

HERE ARE SOME FINISHED PICS OF RADIO TRAY AND REAR BUMPER

I JUST WANT TO SAY I WILL ALWAYS BUY A CORALLY FROM HERE ON OUT I HAVE OWNED A RDX FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND BROKE ONE YES THATS RIGHT ONE FRONT ARM!!!!!!!!!!

THIS THING IS BULLET PROOF
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-im001171.jpg   Team Corally RDX Touring Car-im001172.jpg   Team Corally RDX Touring Car-im001173.jpg  
Old 09-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmmm... just bought and building a carpet edition of the RDX... haven't even finished putting in the last screw and there is a new car.

Jeez... what more needs to be said.

Atleast the RDX flys on carpet... and I would probably feel worse if I was a T2 owner and heard they were about to bring out a carpet specific car.

The RDX has been around for 2 years... I was very suspicious for this reason when I bought the car - but I figured they would do something at the Worlds... and when they didn't - I thought I was safe for a few months.

Guess not. You just cannot win in R/C these days.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RichO
Hmmm... just bought and building a carpet edition of the RDX... haven't even finished putting in the last screw and there is a new car.

Jeez... what more needs to be said.

Atleast the RDX flys on carpet... and I would probably feel worse if I was a T2 owner and heard they were about to bring out a carpet specific car.

The RDX has been around for 2 years... I was very suspicious for this reason when I bought the car - but I figured they would do something at the Worlds... and when they didn't - I thought I was safe for a few months.

Guess not. You just cannot win in R/C these days.

CONGRATULATIONS On your purchase RichO...! You'll be very happy with the RDX!

If you want a SNEEK PEEK of what it feels to drive your New Car......

Go to your refrigerator.....

..... get out the big "TUB-O-BUTTER... (I like Country Crock!)

Now... get at knife out of the drawer and warm it up under scorching HOT Water......

THEN---- stick the knife in the butter.... close your eyes and cut the HOT Knife through the TUB-O-BUTTER.....

And Now You Can Imagine what an RDX Feels like on the track!!!!

SMOOOOTH AS A "HOT" KNIFE IN A TUB-O-BUTTER!!
Old 09-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Lord

To me, it looks like all they've done is withheld a few updated parts so they can combine them with the existing updates to justify the release of a new kit. It's probably about time. It can get expensive and confusing to get an RDX fitted with all the updated parts.

The RDX you just bought is considered by many people to be the best touring car available for carpet racing, right now... like, today. We don't know anything about the car in the picture, least of all how it's going to perform compared to the current car. Plus, it sure doesn't look like a carpet car with that thin topdeck, but I guess that remains to be seen.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me

We don't know anything about the car in the picture, .
Or even if the car is real???
Old 09-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by syndr0me
To me, it looks like all they've done is withheld a few updated parts so they can combine them with the existing updates to justify the release of a new kit. It's probably about time. It can get expensive and confusing to get an RDX fitted with all the updated parts.

The RDX you just bought is considered by many people to be the best touring car available for carpet racing, right now... like, today. We don't know anything about the car in the picture, least of all how it's going to perform compared to the current car. Plus, it sure doesn't look like a carpet car with that thin topdeck, but I guess that remains to be seen.
I agree with that. I havent bothered with any of the update parts, even has the standard 75 arms and alloy shock mounts on it and it handles great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.