R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #8776
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rigg
You shouldn't have to grind anything, the only thing you need to run a 1way is the larger bearings and holders for the 1way... that groove fits into both the diff/spool and 1way bearing holders
Thanks,I took the front end apart to install the bearings and holders and they fit right in! According to the directions the bulkhead had to be ground a little.That's what I get for reading directions!
I have another question.I received a set of Tamiya shocks with the car.I noticed they are a bit shorter than the RDX shocks.Is there an adapter I ahve to use to mount these? Thanks.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #8777
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandr91
Thanks,I took the front end apart to install the bearings and holders and they fit right in! According to the directions the bulkhead had to be ground a little.That's what I get for reading directions!
I have another question.I received a set of Tamiya shocks with the car.I noticed they are a bit shorter than the RDX shocks.Is there an adapter I ahve to use to mount these? Thanks.

you should just use the corally shocks. They work really well
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #8778
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey all,
I just got my rdx and i would like to know what pinion i should use wit my car, its a rdx with the standard kit spur and im using a gtb novak 5.5.
The track is small-medium size outdorrs apshalt. Please also tell me what spur the normal kit one is?

Thanks
Jamie
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #8779
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandr91
Tamiya shocks work just fine withour any special adapters.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #8780
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
you should just use the corally shocks. They work really well
I plan to run the Corally shocks,but,like I said, I noticed the Tamiya shocks are visibly shorter and I wondered how they mounted to the car.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #8781
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Spacers for toe-in/out

On the toe-out adjustments on the front of the car, it is unclear to me in the instructions whether to just add a .5 spacer to the 0.8 spacer to get .5 toe-out, or remove the 0.8 spacer and replace with a .5 spacer?
RichO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #8782
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichO
On the toe-out adjustments on the front of the car, it is unclear to me in the instructions whether to just add a .5 spacer to the 0.8 spacer to get .5 toe-out, or remove the 0.8 spacer and replace with a .5 spacer?
Well, I am assuming you mean arm sweep....... which would be adding a 0.5mm shim in addition to the 1.0mm shim all the way around. If you want toe-out then do it with tie rods, not shims.

Jeff
Old 09-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #8783
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The spacers are only used to adjust toe in the rear. For front toe you should just adjust your turnbuckles to adjust toe in/out. I belive it is commonly accepted that what is called a .5 spacer is used to achieve about .5* (in the rear) although it is actually .4 mm thick. To get 1*, use one of the thicker spacers that are actually .8 mm thick. The only purpose for spacers in the front is to widen the car. 2 thick washers (1.6 mm technically) under each of the four front roll blocks is pretty standard. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #8784
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
The spacers are only used to adjust toe in the rear. For front toe you should just adjust your turnbuckles to adjust toe in/out. I belive it is commonly accepted that what is called a .5 spacer is used to achieve about .5* (in the rear) although it is actually .4 mm thick. To get 1*, use one of the thicker spacers that are actually .8 mm thick. The only purpose for spacers in the front is to widen the car. 2 thick washers (1.6 mm technically) under each of the four front roll blocks is pretty standard. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.
You are correct. There is also arm sweep in the front end which is created with washers.

1 deg = .8mm and 1/2 deg = .4mm washer. They do the 0.5 and 1mm shims to keep it simple.

Jeff
Old 09-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #8785
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
For carpet, is it standard practice to add 2x1mm spacers to each of the low roll blocks or is a single 1mm spacer (as specified in the manual) the right way to go?

I am using the new arms if that effects the answer.

Last edited by RichO; 09-03-2006 at 11:44 PM.
RichO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:52 AM   #8786
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Heh, XRay is testing a new T2 designed specifically for carpet. Lowered topdeck and bulkheads, thick chassis... What's it been, 6 months?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:33 AM   #8787
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichO
For carpet, is it standard practice to add 2x1mm spacers to each of the low roll blocks or is a single 1mm spacer (as specified in the manual) the right way to go?

I am using the new arms if that effects the answer.
Spacing the front arm's with 2 1mm spacers at the roll block's , what does that do?
Old 09-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #8788
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Heh, XRay is testing a new T2 designed specifically for carpet. Lowered topdeck and bulkheads, thick chassis... What's it been, 6 months?

I have been told the same thing by someone I trust to know these types of things. Again, glad to be with Corally!
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #8789
Tech Addict

Me with my keen eyes spotted something.
Corally just came out with a tweakboard. They also made a animation of it (you can see it on their website), and look what is standing on the board...
(it's is bit blur, but it's something)
Attached Thumbnails
Team Corally RDX Touring Car-rdx-proto.jpg  
Old 09-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #8790
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraex
Me with my keen eyes spotted something.
Corally just came out with a tweakboard. They also made a animation of it (you can see it on their website), and look what is standing on the board...
(it's is bit blur, but it's something)
Thats NOT a normal RDX!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote