R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #8521
Tech Regular

carpet spec all the way dude!! hehe

want more corner speed buy the low roll block and put any setup from corallyusa web site (i like the jarrod langlois setup personally) and your car will be dialed dude!!!

Later!!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #8522
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank you for that information.

Is there anything I need to look at or ask about when purchasing one of these used? What is a fair price for a used one?

I really appreciate the help
gmintimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #8523
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

All right, what's the deal with the leaking shock caps? All four of mine. Rebuilt four times now. Used Corally, Tamiya and even Mugen bladders...still leaking. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #8524
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman
All right, what's the deal with the leaking shock caps? All four of mine. Rebuilt four times now. Used Corally, Tamiya and even Mugen bladders...still leaking. Any help would be appreciated.
This happens when there is left over shock oil on the bottom of the plastic part of the cap... so when you tighten the cap down it doesnt get a good grip on the bladder and it slips out and breaks the seal. Just make sure everything is super dry and clean. It also happens when you overtighten the shock caps as well. If all of those dont work I usually just replace the caps and bladders.

-Korey
Old 08-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #8525
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
This happens when there is left over shock oil on the bottom of the plastic part of the cap... so when you tighten the cap down it doesnt get a good grip on the bladder and it slips out and breaks the seal. Just make sure everything is super dry and clean. It also happens when you overtighten the shock caps as well. If all of those dont work I usually just replace the caps and bladders.

-Korey
That's a really great explanation of a common problem. People should pay attention to this, it affects a lot of people building the shocks for the first time.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #8526
Tech Champion

Yeah, it was happening to me a lot when I just didnt take my time to clean everything out really well.

-Korey
Old 08-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #8527
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy

-Korey
Thanks for the advise. I've probably built 200+ shocks before and this one just baffles me. I'll try it one more time with new bladders and I'll tighten it softly.

Otherwise the TRF shocks are going to be installed.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:36 PM   #8528
Tech Champion

Yea I know lol. I thought it was weird too, every shock has it's quirks. They work really well after you figure them out.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #8529
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well now that Im subscribed to the RDX forum from Korey posting under my name.... are you going to 60 acres after work you slacker? That's a joke because I'm not at work and you are .

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #8530
Tech Champion

Nah, my heli is in a million pieces at the moment being cleaned and rebuilt.

-Korey
Old 08-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #8531
Tech Lord

I've had a hard time deciding on an electronics layout for the RDX when using brushless/GTB. Here's my current layout with the 13.5, but I can't help and think there's something inherently wrong with having the receiver behind the motor.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Corally RDX Touring Car-rdx.jpg  
Old 08-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #8532
Tech Champion

Yeah, it doesn't seem like a bad thing. As long as your not getting any glitching or anything you should be fine. You can put it on top of your servo but that has always done funky stuff to the radio system when I do that.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #8533
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

don't get new shocks.

use the tamiya or schumacher bladders. the silicone bladders compress and swell, and are generally a pain. use the black rubber bladders once, and you'll regret not having done it earlier. herrmannski did it a few months ago with his rdx shocks, since i had some laying around, and he then changed his mind about switching shocks.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #8534
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
don't get new shocks.

use the tamiya or schumacher bladders. the silicone bladders compress and swell, and are generally a pain. use the black rubber bladders once, and you'll regret not having done it earlier. herrmannski did it a few months ago with his rdx shocks, since i had some laying around, and he then changed his mind about switching shocks.
Have the bladders in the kits changed? I noticed a local's new carpet spec kit has bladders that felt much stiffer than the ones that I got.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #8535
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

i'm not sure what you are comparing them to, but the black rubber is way stiffer than the silicone bladders. in theory, it will change your rebound, but i think you can compensate in how you bleed them. the schumacher versions may be harder than the tamiya, but both are way harder than the silicone.