R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #8431
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,237
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

From the HPI website under Pro-4 drivetrain parts.


THIN ALUMINUM HEX HUB (CLAMP TYPE/PURPLE/4pcs)
72044 - In stock!
$35.00

Says 4pcs; however, the packages I saw previously had a few shims included. Just as Harsh said earlier.

Don't know why you have issues with the Corally hex hubs. They only need to be tightened minimally to the axle so they don't come off with the wheel.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:42 AM   #8432
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

Are these the expensive hex someone (harsh maybe?) was talking about a few pages back? How have they held up? I don't mind the expense if they don't break like the corally ones. Anyfeedback on thier durability?
http://www.hpiracing.com/piw4.php?part=72044

...been using them since March with no problems whatsoever.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:07 AM   #8433
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 98
Default

LOL yet another converter from that HORRIBLE CAR THE JRXS, the same as me and bill

you wont b disapionted eith the rdx it just handles so much better than the JRXS

jordan
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:41 AM   #8434
Tech Adept
 
JAY_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Yorkshire - UK
Posts: 135
Send a message via MSN to JAY_UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordys jrxs
LOL yet another converter from that HORRIBLE CAR THE JRXS, the same as me and bill

you wont b disapionted eith the rdx it just handles so much better than the JRXS

jordan
Thing is i was dissapointed not only with the car but with Losi. I have driven Losi cars since 94 - i started with the XX! In on road i had a Street weapon, then a XXX-S, XXX-S G+ then the JRX-S. I tried my hardest with the JRX-S and despite how much i wanted it to work i couldnt find it. I think the other problem is that there is a lack of support setup wise as clubmen only have access to the mid motor car (for now) whereas 99% of the drivers have settled with developing the rear motor car and setup information just doesnt cross from one chassis to the other. Helger were really helpful when i got my JRX-S giving me plenty of setup but i started to lose heart when a large number of there team went to the RDX! I still really like Losi off road cars, you cant beat them but ill stick with corally for the on road. Am going to go back to 12th as well and would like an SP12M or an SP12X if its ever released. Any of you guys run these? How does it compare to the RC12 L4 as that was my old 12th scale?
JAY_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:53 AM   #8435
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_UK
Thing is i was dissapointed not only with the car but with Losi. I have driven Losi cars since 94 - i started with the XX! In on road i had a Street weapon, then a XXX-S, XXX-S G+ then the JRX-S. I tried my hardest with the JRX-S and despite how much i wanted it to work i couldnt find it. I think the other problem is that there is a lack of support setup wise as clubmen only have access to the mid motor car (for now) whereas 99% of the drivers have settled with developing the rear motor car and setup information just doesnt cross from one chassis to the other. Helger were really helpful when i got my JRX-S giving me plenty of setup but i started to lose heart when a large number of there team went to the RDX! I still really like Losi off road cars, you cant beat them but ill stick with corally for the on road. Am going to go back to 12th as well and would like an SP12M or an SP12X if its ever released. Any of you guys run these? How does it compare to the RC12 L4 as that was my old 12th scale?
the only thing i miss fromthe JRXS room for electronics

jordan
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #8436
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,850
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Tamiya also has narrow, 4mm, clamping hubs, but I do not know anything about their durability. I might have bought some to try, but Speedtech's website showed them out of stock. Why oh why can no one find narrow solid hubs?
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #8437
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Just wanted to share my enduro experience today with my RDX. My car was used in 350+ of the 500 laps race and no broken parts! (except the fan which doesnt effect the driveability of the car). Not too bad! Quite durable. Think I might need to rebuild my rear diff though after that many laps. That was almost 4 weeks of racing in 1 race.

Oh and we ended up 3rd. My partner had some untimely electronics problems that kept us off the track for a few minutes and we finished only 7 laps down from first.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #8438
Tech Adept
 
JAY_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Yorkshire - UK
Posts: 135
Send a message via MSN to JAY_UK
Default

Well done to you guys. Endurance isnt raced over here in the UK but sounds like fun! What hapenned to the fan???
JAY_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #8439
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_UK
Well done to you guys. Endurance isnt raced over here in the UK but sounds like fun! What hapenned to the fan???
Thanks! My partner drove my car and kept getting tangled up with a nitro car. He would let him pass and then the guy would do something and he would have to repass. One of the times I just saw my car going flying in the air and land on the side. I suspect it happened then. Broke a bunch of blades off and and broke the case around the fan. The fan actually still worked but it is in sad shape.

I had never raced an enduro before. It was a lot of fun!
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #8440
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 7,868
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
Thanks! My partner drove my car and kept getting tangled up with a nitro car. He would let him pass and then the guy would do something and he would have to repass. One of the times I just saw my car going flying in the air and land on the side. I suspect it happened then. Broke a bunch of blades off and and broke the case around the fan. The fan actually still worked but it is in sad shape.

I had never raced an enduro before. It was a lot of fun!

SHOW OFF!!

Tim's car did look very good on the track. I think if Doug did not have his electrical problems you 2 would had won.
__________________
Please become an organ donor.
www.donatelife.net
Custom decals and Sno-Tee'z, T-Shirts by Sno Camel
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #8441
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
SHOW OFF!!

Tim's car did look very good on the track. I think if Doug did not have his electrical problems you 2 would had won.
Yeah I guess I am but I gotta say I was really surprised I didnt break. I think we would have won too if he hadnt had those problems. However I guess everyone kinda had their share of problems. Too bad I couldnt team with you! Though your brushes do hang often
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #8442
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Tamiya also has narrow, 4mm, clamping hubs, but I do not know anything about their durability. I might have bought some to try, but Speedtech's website showed them out of stock. Why oh why can no one find narrow solid hubs?

I tested the T2 hexes today and found they fit beautifully. I measured the thickest width on the corally narrows to be 4.5 mm and the T2's came out to 5 mm. The T2 hexes have two walls next to the screw as the corally's just have one. I think this is the contributing factor to thier fragility as the screw pulls disproportionally on the weaker wall-less side in effect twisting the hex till it breaks through fatigue. I'll be getting some of the T2 hexes to try sooner or later if someone wants to ask me later about their durability.

Andrew
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #8443
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Sorry I did not look back through this thread, but does anyone have or can point me towards an editable Adobe PDF setup sheet for the RDX? Thanks in advance.
__________________
Steve Sohl
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #8444
Tech Adept
 
JAY_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Yorkshire - UK
Posts: 135
Send a message via MSN to JAY_UK
Default

IIRC there should be one on the Corally USA website. Correct me if im wrong though!
JAY_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:59 PM   #8445
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,142
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman
Sorry I did not look back through this thread, but does anyone have or can point me towards an editable Adobe PDF setup sheet for the RDX? Thanks in advance.
PDF: http://international.corally.com/pdf...SetupSheet.pdf

Excel: http://international.corally.com/xls/RDX%20sheet.xls
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corally CCT Pan-touring car biker R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 03-02-2010 09:21 PM
Corally CCT Pan touring car biker R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 11-05-2003 07:24 AM
Corally F1 w/touring car setup froghead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 10-29-2003 08:10 PM
New Corally Touring Car At Nurnberg JANTLE Electric On-Road 117 04-30-2003 05:23 AM
Brand New Corally C4.1 Touring Car HauntedMyst R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-25-2002 08:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net