R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2005, 07:43 AM   #826
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Right, my goal is between 4-5mm but starting out at 9mm doesn't help me much. Jeff- with 56mm tires and 4.5 ride height, have you moved preload or is it right at the top?
Old 02-06-2005, 10:01 AM   #827
Tech Master

It is right near the top. You don't want preload as it makes the car bouncy in corners.

Jeff
Old 02-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #828
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Got things fixed guys. I changed to Xray spring perches in the front and moved in the shock on the top and to #3 position on the bottom. This gives me 3mm ride height when the preload is all the way to the top. 2-3 revolutions and im right around 5mm for front ride height. Thanks to all that helped.

John
Old 02-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #829
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

I want to know if you guys think i should buy this car lol ??? Im selling my tc4 and want a new car but belt driven and im looking at this one or the jrxs i know that ill have parts support cause superior hobbies is my lhs , I would like to know if the parts for it are expensive , like how much would arms cost and things like that .

Jeff the kits you have on the shelves are they the ones with the diff or the oneway? cause ive been reading if you but the kit with the oneway you need to buy the front diff sepreate and i know there's 2 kinds of kits one-way and diff .

Thanks
Old 02-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #830
Tech Elite

I want to know if you guys think i should buy this car lol ??? Im selling my tc4 and want a new car but belt driven and im looking at this one or the jrxs i know that ill have parts support cause superior hobbies is my lhs , I would like to know if the parts for it are expensive , like how much would arms cost and things like that .

Jeff the kits you have on the shelves are they the ones with the diff or the oneway? cause ive been reading if you but the kit with the oneway you need to buy the front diff sepreate and i know there's 2 kinds of kits one-way or diff .

Thanks
Old 02-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #831
Tech Elite

oops double post !
Old 02-06-2005, 06:31 PM   #832
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes you should buy the kit, and you dont have to worry about breaking much of anything if you buy the rubberneck bumper, but just in case, i believe a pack of 4 arms (same arm on all corners) is around $20

the car is absolutely amazing, it felt so good today in stock i loved it

the kits they have are most likely the ones with the oneway
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:36 PM   #833
Tech Master

We have both kits in stock.........

Jeff
Old 02-06-2005, 06:46 PM   #834
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by LoSi xXx S

Jeff the kits you have on the shelves are they the ones with the diff or the oneway? cause ive been reading if you but the kit with the oneway you need to buy the front diff sepreate and i know there's 2 kinds of kits one-way and diff .

Thanks
The answer is yes you should. Buy one pack of arms and a few packs of steering knuckles-or buy the aluminum steering knuckles and a few extra 5x9 bearings-your choice.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #835
Tech Master

Dude - Superior is your lhs and CorallyUSA is there. What gives? Get the RDX. I am from Jacksonville about 2 hours from you guys and I bought the car after the super regionals after seeing how it performs. I was very reluctant to get it since I don't have a "real" lhs with parts. I was waiting for the JRXS but after I found out it is a completly different car and not out yet, I got the RDX. You don't have to worry about parts since most are interchangable from the assassin. I have to order my parts or drive down since my lhs don't carry anything outside their distributor. The car is performing at all venues and winning. The snowbirds will also show how good the car is, but by then you'll really have a hard time getting the car.

I broke one arm and bought a package. Four came in a package all four arms are the same. What more can ask. Go to superior and ask the guys what people are breaking and check the prices.

Get the RDX.

Disclaimer: I am your average weekend racer, not a sponsored driver, not affilated with CorallyUSA, Corally, or Superior Hobbies. I've own mostly every LOSI cars from the jr-x2 buggy to the xxx-g+. I am sure the JRXS is a good car but from the street weapon to the xxx-g+ and now the JRXS. Three completly different cars and the older cars are now obsolete.

Again Just my opinion. Now its up to you to make up your mind LOL

Last edited by rcgen; 02-06-2005 at 07:04 PM.
rcgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #836
Tech Elite

why do i need extra 5x9 bearing for ?
Old 02-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #837
Tech Master

I didn't follow the 5x9 bearing thing either..........
Old 02-06-2005, 07:32 PM   #838
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Brown
I didn't follow the 5x9 bearing thing either..........
Did I get the bearing size wrong? I hear if you run the alum steering knuckles-a hit that would normally break a plastic steering knuckle wont hurt the alum steering knuckles-but can damage the bearing. Just what I heard.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #839
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

maybe he meant 3 x 6, for the aluminum knuckles
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:40 PM   #840
Tech Master

Jeff
Is there a small parts package that contains a variety of tork screw sizes, washers etc...for the RDX? Also, the set screws used for droop is the a tork screw in the lenght? I like the idea of one driver for all the screws in the car.
rcgen is offline   Reply With Quote