Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-22-2006, 09:15 PM   #8251
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SpeedDesignz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricO3
There are new arms....
Ok .. then ................ where do I get them by next week ???

the new arms have been out since like april or some shit .. I know that.

I just want them (i'm sure I'm not the only one too)

sorry to be sarcastic .... but just a bit annoyed
Old 07-22-2006, 09:29 PM   #8252
Tech Adept

One quick question guys the lower shock tower is it for when you are running low tire or does it make the car handle better? next the lower hingepin block what is the benefit when use in the car? i notice the guys that have the RDX they use these two options and i like the car out of the box but if these options will make the car handle better i will get them.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:36 PM   #8253
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to EricO3 Send a message via MSN to EricO3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
One quick question guys the lower shock tower is it for when you are running low tire or does it make the car handle better? next the lower hingepin block what is the benefit when use in the car? i notice the guys that have the RDX they use these two options and i like the car out of the box but if these options will make the car handle better i will get them.
The lowered shock tower allows you to mount your body a little bit lower. The Ultra Low Roll-Centers allow the car to "roll" more through the turns, mostly used on carpet.
EricO3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #8254
Tech Regular

i race foam and i dont have the long extension !! i want some 24lbs but dont want to buy all the black set for 2 spring hehe! cause below 24 i will not use cuase i only race foam carpet and i ahve some 22 lbs from associated!!

so do tamiya or hpi or team losi do some 24lbs spring???

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:41 PM   #8255
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I was just lucky and got some of the new ones when they first hit. Most of the team doesn't even have them, and honestly I have no clue when they will be available again. Thats why I said to use the 24lb rear springs on the std extensions.

Thw lowered shock tower just lowers the top of the tower so you can slam your body down for carpet racign with small foam tires. The low roll blocks are primarily used in foam carpet racing where we need to take the intial bite out of the car. The low roll blocks allow weight to transfer a little slower, making it easier to drive and not so grabby/lifty. When it isn't lifting the suspension is working more efficiently. This will allow the car to carry corner speed rather than just grip really hard, lift, and scrub.

-Korey
Old 07-22-2006, 10:14 PM   #8256
Tech Adept

THANKS GUYS THAT HELP ALOT TO KNOW WHAT THESE ITEMS DO NOW OFF THE THE LHS.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:27 PM   #8257
Tech Adept

i bought a used rdx and ran it for the first time tonight it is much faster and easier to drive than my jrxs but second qualifier i broke the bolt going through the rear diff does that happen often?still qualified second but didnt get to race.lee
nascarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #8258
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
honesty when I ran the lowered shock tower in the front ( along with the shaft/eyelet mod) I did notice a gain in forward bite. The "optional" ultra lower block is typicaly used for high grip carpet/foam racing. ... for high grip carpet/foam I'll use em.. for carpet/rubbers ... I preffer the standard roll's

It all depends on your racing surface and tire usage, but honesty.... out of the box ... your RDX .... WILL be fast.

what works for some people ... may not work for others, ..... I mainly run carpet/foams....... the ultra low blocks and 3.9 chassis is insanely .....good.... awesome .....kick asss...... holy crap this car is good....... "look that's what rails looks like" ........ but oh shit ... I need ARMS!!!!!!

corally .........................PLEASE ... I'm screaming

P.s .... .. Jeff.. Rob ... I luv you guys :3
Old 07-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #8259
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarracer
i bought a used rdx and ran it for the first time tonight it is much faster and easier to drive than my jrxs but second qualifier i broke the bolt going through the rear diff does that happen often?still qualified second but didnt get to race.lee
Check out this post. I got bored one day and started an RDX FAQ, and answered only this one question before I got bored (edit: too busy, honestly, I'd love to finish it) for it. It kind of explains the whole deal with the RDX diff screws.

I'm so misunderstood. *sigh*

Last edited by syndr0me; 07-22-2006 at 11:43 PM.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:15 PM   #8260
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDesignz
corally .........................PLEASE ... I'm screaming
I hear you man, we're all anxiously awaiting the new arms. A lot of us (with foams) have been able to reduce breakage considerably with the following setup:

1. Ultimate Bumper System (kydex+foam)
2. Parma Tires (the wheel nut is recessed further and much less prone to catching on boards)
3. 50% arms up front. They seem to be considerably more forgiving.

Don't think I haven't complained about arms, if you search this thread you'll see some very strong words from me on the topic a few months ago, so I feel your pain. They're coming though, and I'd rather they get it right this time than rush them to market. Many of the team drivers at the Worlds weren't even using the arms, so it's safe to say they're not holding out on us.

In the meantime, if you're willing to try some of those things above (if you aren't already) you might have good luck. I haven't broken a front arm in months after going through at least one a night for the first year with the car.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:23 PM   #8261
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Check out this post. I got bored one day and started an RDX FAQ, and answered only this one question before I got bored with it. It kind of explains the whole deal with the RDX diff screws.

I'm so misunderstood. *sigh*
Dude honestly .................. i think Syndrome should be an "honorary" if not an addition to the corally team

I've followed this thread for a while and ......seriously no one has offered more opinon or asked many "usefull Questions" than Syndrome !! and honestly ... I think he deseves a reward ! I have gotten a lot of usefull input on the questions he has asked.

honestly .. I think we've all gotten tips from Syndrom's q's

he's asked everything from the basic .. to the advanced Q's . He's always been there. even If he was'nt sure he'd point you in the right direction.

tell you the truth .... I think it's time Corally pay's back Syndrome !
give him a part time / or full time ride

I remember when he first came one here askin newbie q's and ya know what ........ he's still here !!!!!!!

Dude you need some props.!! and if you ever find your way to NY ... strap on some foams and I'd be proud to race with ya !
Old 07-22-2006, 11:46 PM   #8262
Tech Lord

Haha, thanks man. If I were as good at driving as I am at answering questions and being a smart-ass, I'd probably have every sponsor on the planet. Glad to know people appreciate it, that's the only reward I need.

And likewise, if you or anybody is ever going to be in the KC area, give me a shout via PM. We have a few really good foam guys in this town, and have a lot of fun. I made the site for the track in my sig, and it's the place we call home.

-Adam
Old 07-23-2006, 01:44 PM   #8263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
I've been running 30's up front and 22's in the rear with the new outer position on the new rear arms. If you are running std arms without the extra long extension I would try 24lb rear springs.

-Korey
I am a little confused here . . .
Are there two different lengths of aluminum extensions used on the rear arms; a long extension and an extra long extension? I am running standard 75 arms in the rear and have an aluminum extension on it. Is there more than one length extension? Where do the new arms holes line up with the old arms with the extension(s)?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #8264
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=SpeedDesignz]honesty when I ran the lowered shock tower in the front ( along with the shaft/eyelet mod)

Thanks dude i did a search on the shaft/eyelet mod you mention but came up nill could you give me more on the shaft/eyelet mod.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:10 PM   #8265
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I am a little confused here . . .
Are there two different lengths of aluminum extensions used on the rear arms; a long extension and an extra long extension? I am running standard 75 arms in the rear and have an aluminum extension on it. Is there more than one length extension? Where do the new arms holes line up with the old arms with the extension(s)?
It's an aftermarket part that Specialized R/C (aka Corally USA) makes. It requires a little bit of additional hardware to use, so if you decide to get them, be sure to get the mounting parts as well.

http://www.corallyusa.com/specializedrc/rdx.htm

Supposedly, the new rear arms will eliminate the need for these extensions with additional mounting holes.