R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #8236
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jordan jr
Thank you Jeff you probably did but i am in no way trying to bash or have any ill agenda with Corally thread, and for those that don't have anything better in there minute mind that come on here and search for little bit of comment to prove there miserable insignificant LIFE keep it to yourself.
It's all good. If you want to read my reply, it is the first post just one page back on 274. Anything else let me know.

Jeff
Old 07-21-2006, 06:26 AM   #8237
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Well, there is a lot we could go into.

Touring Car, pretty either Red/Red springs or Red/Purple for stock. The purple would go on the positive. Stiffer spring on the positive gives more bottom end power. Run the lightest springs you can based on the racing you do. Indoor racing you can get away with lighter springs than outdoors due to the heat.

The lighter springs will fade at the end of the run. It is pretty much the same for 19T as well. You can go even stiffer sometimes like Purple/Purple for 19T or stiffer. Hope this helps.

Jeff

Thanks allot Jeff. I appreciate the help.
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:38 AM   #8238
Tech Apprentice

Default Pistons and Holes diameter

Quote:
Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

I think the 1.1mm or 0.9mm should be used at all times due to recent testing. Only time to consider the 1.3mm pistons I think would be bumpy tracks, or the Rally version of the RDX. Perhaps in low traction situations as well. You could do it though with lighter oil though with the 1.1 or 0.9 pistons.

I have been thinking a lot about dampening and the car seems to be reacting better and better the more we increase the "pack" of the dampening, mainly on asphalt. It should help with Carpet as well. You can go too far of course.

Someone at the recent ROAR Nationals talked to me about how my car was silent going around the track and pretty much zero tire squealing compared a majority of the other cars at the race.

I did not think much about the comment at the time but since talking to other drivers and they have tried either my setup, or just increasing the dampening themselves, it makes a lot of sense. Seems we have more test perhaps to go even faster.

I think the new pistons will be the way to go.

Jeff
Thanks for your reply.

Sadly my testing time is almost zero, but...last Year I manage to come to your conclusion. The only think that makes me use bigger Holes are low grip situations (I need a "rounder" car) and...DOTS.
Since I still do not know much about sway bars I never use it and in tracks were I "have" to clip some Dots to be fast I do need the big holes since otherwise the car will get to "upset".
But sometimes I do not know what is best , since the bigger holes make the car less "reactive" and that is what I need a t technical tracks.

In my last race (which was "like" last Formula 1 circuit Magny Course - fast with low grip and 2 chicanes where we had to clip the dots, the larger holes where just perfect.

I believe in sharing information, but I am sure I am not a "top" driver, so ...this is only one imput.

Servus from Austria

Pedro
Drcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #8239
Tech Apprentice

hi, do i have to make any modifications to my rdx to fit hpi springs on

jordan
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #8240
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ERTRACHTER

all you need for hpi springs are flat spring perches other than that you need nothing associated ones work fine or raespeed i use raespeed theyre metal milled out and blue
ASSOCIATED 12r5.1,REEDY MOTOR AND BATTERY, LRP SPEEDO,KIMBROUGH PRODUCTS,BIG DOG RACING,BELMONT R/C SPEEDSHOP, DENNIS LYMAN RACING, TEAM TOSO, TEAM FACTORY BITTER, SCHUUR SOLUTIONS, SIMMONS RACING, TEAM BOOZCRUZ
ERTRACHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #8241
Tech Apprentice

ok then thanx for that so hpi springs it is LOL

jordan

and rayspeed shock perches
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:38 PM   #8242
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcy
Thanks for your reply.

Sadly my testing time is almost zero, but...last Year I manage to come to your conclusion. The only think that makes me use bigger Holes are low grip situations (I need a "rounder" car) and...DOTS.
Since I still do not know much about sway bars I never use it and in tracks were I "have" to clip some Dots to be fast I do need the big holes since otherwise the car will get to "upset".
But sometimes I do not know what is best , since the bigger holes make the car less "reactive" and that is what I need a t technical tracks.

In my last race (which was "like" last Formula 1 circuit Magny Course - fast with low grip and 2 chicanes where we had to clip the dots, the larger holes where just perfect.

I believe in sharing information, but I am sure I am not a "top" driver, so ...this is only one imput.

Servus from Austria

Pedro
Seems reasonable. Thanks for your take on that Pedro.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #8243
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So I'm reading that the 1.3mm pistons should be used mainly for bumpy or low grip tracks. So why are all the team drivers' setups on the Corally site showing them using the 1.3mm pistons on carpet w/foams? Well, not all drivers' setups, some are using the 3 hole Tamiya pistons. Where do those fall in the .9-1.1-1.3mm lineup?
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:50 PM   #8244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

After seeing the new Xray T2r I was thinking and wondering if Corally has any plains of making a lowered price non-cf version of the RDX?
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:13 PM   #8245
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

The t2r is fibreglass
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #8246
Tech Regular

do you think the spring combo 33.5 lbs at the front and 26 lbs rear is too hard for foam carpet?? cause when i first start racing whit the rdx i race that and found the handle of the car was ok for me!! but i want to know what guys think SushiBoy,Jeff Brown anyone from team corally!!

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:37 PM   #8247
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

33 front is good, but I've found 24 lb rears to work best.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #8248
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've been running 30's up front and 22's in the rear with the new outer position on the new rear arms. If you are running std arms without the extra long extension I would try 24lb rear springs.

-Korey
Old 07-22-2006, 08:53 PM   #8249
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SpeedDesignz

Arms ... Arms ... Arms .....

sorry to rehash an old subject but Corally .... c'mon seriously PLEASE give us a fix to the only week spot of a great car. And not just a tease ... provide enough for all os us.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #8250
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to EricO3 Send a message via MSN to EricO3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDesignz
Arms ... Arms ... Arms .....

sorry to rehash an old subject but Corally .... c'mon seriously PLEASE give us a fix to the only week spot of a great car. And not just a tease ... provide enough for all os us.
There are new arms....

Quote:
Well, the arms are in short supply due to molding complications. The material did not shrink properly and caused the 5,000 or so pieces of 35 arms to have too small of hinge pin holes. Reaming them just would not be accurate enough so they did not release them to the masses. Instead they have been fixing the problem and should be available shortly.

We will also send you some when you change the spelling to "Corally" in your signature.

Jeff
EricO3 is offline   Reply With Quote