R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #8221
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwan
Can anyone explain the difference between colored springs and the what the result is when you mix and matched different colored springs on your motor. Thanks
Well, there is a lot we could go into.

Touring Car, pretty either Red/Red springs or Red/Purple for stock. The purple would go on the positive. Stiffer spring on the positive gives more bottom end power. Run the lightest springs you can based on the racing you do. Indoor racing you can get away with lighter springs than outdoors due to the heat.

The lighter springs will fade at the end of the run. It is pretty much the same for 19T as well. You can go even stiffer sometimes like Purple/Purple for 19T or stiffer. Hope this helps.

Jeff
Old 07-19-2006, 06:07 PM   #8222
Tech Initiate

Quote:
You are probably right, But I run a corally and I figured someone would at least help me out, but I guess not. Thanks
I had the same thing happen to me too, I post a question and there was not a reply there was i guy that did PM me from Oversea but i thought that this forum will be helpful but no luck, it is best to just call Corally USA and someone will give you the information you want.
Mike Jordan jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #8223
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jordan jr
I had the same thing happen to me too, I post a question and there was not a reply there was i guy that did PM me from Oversea but i thought that this forum will be helpful but no luck, it is best to just call Corally USA and someone will give you the information you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown

You are right. There is no new car. The current car is what is being offered through out the 2006/07 indoor season.

It is funny that car manufacturers want to test something at the highest level and everyone immediately thinks a new car is coming. Just because you test something doesn't mean it is automatically in production.

Jeff

Quote:
Thanks for the answer.
would you like some cheese with your wine This is by far the most helpfull thread around for the RDX, boo hoo if people didn't froth at the mouth answering your question (same one for the 1000th time...) get over it
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #8224
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
You are probably right, But I run a corally and I figured someone would at least help me out, but I guess not. Thanks
If that was the case, we would have anarchy amid the various topic strings. Please try to stay within the vein of the topic.

As I remember, you original post belonged in the "Stock Motors" string.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:38 PM   #8225
Tech Champion

Oops! Jeff Brown gave you a REALLY, REALLY GOOD answer.

Anarchy rules!

Old 07-19-2006, 08:47 PM   #8226
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default ALLRIGHT

Allright guys be nice to the rookies..after all someone did say there a 1000 thread on the same topic...which one does someone use???

how about just saying, try this link:

stock motor thread

after all searching for something like motor springs isn't the easiest thing to find...or perhaps someone can find a better link on here...
hmmm...part of the reason I've gone brushless.

ohh..can you fedex me the cheese please....
just having fun....NOW BACK TO THE RDX....
I'm back on the RDX train...yep I'm switching from YOK>

JEFF great answer....heaven knows..i had no clue when it comes to the springs
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #8227
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallyUSA
NOW AVAILABLE

New types of Rounded Shock Pistons have been added to 1.3 mm, such as 0.9 mm and 1.1 mm to enable various setup adjustments. The new shock pistons feature rounded edges and 3 different size of holes providing super smooth dampening.

79224A RDX Shock Piston Rounded edges and 1.3 mm holes (2 pcs)
79224B RDX Shock Piston Rounded edges and 1.1 mm holes (2 pcs)
79224C RDX Shock Piston Rounded edges and 0.9 mm holes (2 pcs)
I thought the 1.3 mm pistons I got some months ago already had rounded edges. Right/Wrong???

Old 07-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #8228
Tech Master

Quote:
Hi Mike,

I replied to your question. Sorry if you missed it. I do work for CorallyUSA so if you called it is a 99% chance you spoke with me. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks.

Jeff
Old 07-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #8229
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
I thought the 1.3 mm pistons I got some months ago already had rounded edges. Right/Wrong???
You are right.

It says that 1.1mm and 0.9mm rounded pistons have been ADDED to the already available 1.3mm pistons. The rounded 1.3mm pistons have been available for a while. The 1.1mm pistons are all new at the request from CorallyUSA to see in production.

Jeff
Old 07-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #8230
Tech Champion

Quote:
You are right.

It says that 1.1mm and 0.9mm rounded pistons have been ADDED to the already available 1.3mm pistons. The rounded 1.3mm pistons have been available for a while. The 1.1mm pistons are all new at the request from CorallyUSA to see in production.

Jeff
Oops! Yes, I reread it. My bad!

Maybe "Oops Bill" applies as my next handle.

Thanks Jeff!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 06:02 AM   #8231
Suspended

Are the new 1.1mm pistons the Corally equivalent of the Tamiya 3-hole pistons that everyone is using?
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #8232
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Hi Mike,

I replied to your question. Sorry if you missed it. I do work for CorallyUSA so if you called it is a 99% chance you spoke with me. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks.

Jeff
Thank you Jeff you probably did but i am in no way trying to bash or have any ill agenda with Corally thread, and for those that don't have anything better in there minute mind that come on here and search for little bit of comment to prove there miserable insignificant LIFE keep it to yourself.
Mike Jordan jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #8233
Tech Apprentice

Default New Pistons

Quote:
You are right.

Jeff

Hi,

the different pistons are like for:

1,3 - not so smooth tracks and quite fast and big

0,9 - carpet technical??

thanks in advance

Pedro
Drcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:52 PM   #8234
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

hey jeff tell that guy to kiss your butt, ungrateful fool
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #8235
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcy
Hi,

the different pistons are like for:

1,3 - not so smooth tracks and quite fast and big

0,9 - carpet technical??

thanks in advance

Pedro
Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

I think the 1.1mm or 0.9mm should be used at all times due to recent testing. Only time to consider the 1.3mm pistons I think would be bumpy tracks, or the Rally version of the RDX. Perhaps in low traction situations as well. You could do it though with lighter oil though with the 1.1 or 0.9 pistons.

I have been thinking a lot about dampening and the car seems to be reacting better and better the more we increase the "pack" of the dampening, mainly on asphalt. It should help with Carpet as well. You can go too far of course.

Someone at the recent ROAR Nationals talked to me about how my car was silent going around the track and pretty much zero tire squealing compared a majority of the other cars at the race.

I did not think much about the comment at the time but since talking to other drivers and they have tried either my setup, or just increasing the dampening themselves, it makes a lot of sense. Seems we have more test perhaps to go even faster.

I think the new pistons will be the way to go.

Jeff