R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2006, 06:17 AM   #8011
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordys jrxs
hi everybody, sorry to change the subject of the worlds but i just wanted to know what the weeknesses are on the rdx and what spares i should buy first?

also how does out of the box set up handle on a asphalt outdoor track, what would i need to buy in the way of tuning parts

jordan
"A Arms" and the little fins at the end of the dogbones are the only things Ive ever broken on mine. Definately "A Arms" are the things to have extras of.

As for tuning parts maybe just a spring set.

For setup I think most people recommend the latest Jeff Brown setup on the Corally site as a starting point.

Hope that helps.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:12 AM   #8012
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordys jrxs
hi everybody, sorry to change the subject of the worlds but i just wanted to know what the weeknesses are on the rdx and what spares i should buy first?

also how does out of the box set up handle on a asphalt outdoor track, what would i need to buy in the way of tuning parts

jordan
Ah ha! Another JRX-S convert.

Weaknesses, what weaknesses? OK, a couple. Suspension arms break (more so on carpet for me) and pivot points of graphite steering knuckles wear out.

Get the set of black springs for asphalt or silver springs for carpet.

READ EVERYTHING THAT JEFF BROWN SAYS...Try his setups.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:14 AM   #8013
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Geeze! Or8ital and I think alike!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:44 AM   #8014
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'd pick up a spare shock tower, and some steering knuckles unless you plan on getting the aluminum ones. Grab the ultimate SRC bumper system too, it'll help quite a bit. And, yea, a 4 pack of arms.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #8015
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sadly, the RDX didn't make the A at the worlds. I imagine that's as much to do with luck as anything else, since we all know Corally's top drivers are right there with the rest of those guys. And, they won 1/12th which is great.

So, do you guys think it was bad luck, or perhaps some of the new changes didn't work out as well as they had hoped? I'm not discouraged on the RDX or anything, since we all known it's just as capable as the rest of those cars, but on a stage as important as the worlds, it makes you wonder.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #8016
Tech Adept

I need to know what i am doing wrong with my diff, after each run my diff get rough is there any that i should be doing or not, thank you.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #8017
Tech Regular

mine did this before but i bougth some ceramic diff bal and my diff is super smooth after many runs!! you should check the screw and the diff ring they are probably used a lot!! sand your diff ring whit a thin sand paper and rebuilt whit some ea diff oil or the xray one!! also use the black grease for the trust bearing!!!

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #8018
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I need to know what i am doing wrong with my diff, after each run my diff get rough is there any that i should be doing or not, thank you.

You might need to replace the thrust bearing.... Part #79164 ASSASSIN Thrust Bearing 'CERAMIC' .

Same thing happened to mine after about 2years of running the original one. After use/abuse they'll wear out. When I took mine apart to rebuild, there was virtually nothing left of the original ones.

Also try not to over tighten the diff. That will cause pre-mature wear & tear as well.

Hope this helps
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #8019
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Sadly, the RDX didn't make the A at the worlds. I imagine that's as much to do with luck as anything else, since we all know Corally's top drivers are right there with the rest of those guys. And, they won 1/12th which is great.

So, do you guys think it was bad luck, or perhaps some of the new changes didn't work out as well as they had hoped? I'm not discouraged on the RDX or anything, since we all known it's just as capable as the rest of those cars, but on a stage as important as the worlds, it makes you wonder.

Probably didn't have the set up correct -or- the guys just partied too hard in Italy?
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #8020
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me

Tosolini had some Top 10 runs. I believe he was 8th one round. The competition is stiff obviously so everything has to go perfect in the run. Qual points makes it even more difficult as if you have more than one bad run, your chances are over.

Jeff
Old 07-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #8021
Tech Champion

Default Pre-Mounted CS27 Tire Problem

Im having a problem with my pre-mounted Take-Off tires. The rims are so thick they touch the A-Arm when I turn all the way to one side (causing me to spin out often). Anyone know a simple solution for that? Other rims work fine. Its just the new rims Take-Off is using.

I do have a shim between the hex nut and the tire and I am using Pro4 hex nuts (but I dont think that should make a diff).
Old 07-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #8022
Tech Regular

reducing your EPA

always try to run a low EPA and tunning your car rigth!! cause jsut increase the epa for more sterring it not the best way try like stiff spring on the rear,.5 or 1 toe out front ect....

Later
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #8023
Tech Champion

Hmmm my EPA doesnt seem all that wide. When I turn though it seems like the edge of the rim is about 1 mm from getting to the corner of the A-Arm. Is that too much? Im running 0 toe (basically Jeff Brown's setup).
Old 07-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #8024
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Hey you still got to give it up to Toso. He had a great year this year and made corally alot of money.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #8025
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Take a dremel and grind a little bit off the edge of the arm.
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote