Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 AM   #7996
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #7997
Tech Lord

The topdeck looks VERY narrow, and looks like it might allow for the servo to be flipped around. He's also got the single steering post, as someone else mentioned. Presumably, the narrow topdeck is beneficial if you need a lot of flex.

He's running the SRC offset rear bulkhead. I wonder how long it'll be until Corally makes one of their own? It seems like a lot of guys are using it now.

The new topdeck appears to be drilled specifically for that single steering post, so maybe there's something in the works? Is he using the old arms? I can't tell for sure. The C blocks and rear hubs have that "prototype blue" color about them.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:17 AM   #7998
Tech Adept

So. Can we expect lots of more fun after the worlds?

New improment Corally RDX next autumn??
Old 07-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #7999
Tech Master

Jonas car appears to have old arms on the front and new arms on the rear. The Delrin Spool has been being tested since last summer. They go back and forth on its durability. The C-hubs, steering knuckles and rear hubs on his car are all stock. The latest aluminum pieces are coming in this new color.

The single bellcrank is something they wanted to try to improve high speed steering with the spool. Mainly for Modified. The offset motormounts are certainly the SRC ones as they got them from us. They were not sold on the single bellcrank design before the Worlds, maybe they made changes. I do not know. Last I knew if it was to be considered for release it would most likely be a conversion. Unless of course they win. haha.

Jeff
Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #8000
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Jeff, How was Paris?
alb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #8001
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Jonas car appears to have old arms on the front and new arms on the rear. The Delrin Spool has been being tested since last summer. They go back and forth on its durability. The C-hubs, steering knuckles and rear hubs on his car are all stock. The latest aluminum pieces are coming in this new color.

The single bellcrank is something they wanted to try to improve high speed steering with the spool. Mainly for Modified. The offset motormounts are certainly the SRC ones as they got them from us. They were not sold on the single bellcrank design before the Worlds, maybe they made changes. I do not know. Last I knew if it was to be considered for release it would most likely be a conversion. Unless of course they win. haha.

Jeff
Hey Jeff.

New conversion kit? What about that new motormount then?

I heard it is very hard to get and expensive too
Old 07-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #8002
Tech Master

Hey alb....

Paris was good. The Kyosho race was excellent. A bit of bad luck for my team in the finals, but overall we were certainly fast and competitive.

Cruisaaja....

The bulkhead I am not sure what they are going to do at this time. We, SRC, should have more made in the next couple weeks hopefully. They sell for $90 USD on the street. The conversion kit was only briefly mentioned. They are not sure of the steering system yet. It uses the standard left bellcrank with some longer tie rods. I am sure someone could do it themselves if they were bored enough.

Jeff
Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #8003
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Trackside hobbies has 5 off set bulk heads on the wall http://www.trackside.com/ I think they sell for $90 ea.

-Monti-
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #8004
Tech Lord

Here's Toso's RDX from the worlds:

Does the new topdeck have an optional standoff up front?
Old 07-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #8005
Tech Lord

Corally's page is already bragging about Spashett winning with the 12X. I wonder if they'll mention it was running an Associated/CRC front end? Maybe that will be available for the U.S. version? :-)

Old 07-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #8006
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Here's Toso's RDX from the worlds:

Does the new topdeck have an optional standoff up front?

It looks like there is a new chassis, a new top deck , and a new steering positioning..Looks pretty good..
HEWITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #8007
Tech Regular

I would like to thank Charlie for helping me get my new RDX dialed in this week at SoCal. The RDX with Charlie's help has made me more consistent lap per lap. Also Jason helped me out today at SoCal when the track was like an ice rink. This is why I get a particular kit, the support from the drivers that run them fast.
SoCalMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #8008
Tech Lord

Here's some more pics of RDX's from the worlds:

Old 07-07-2006, 09:47 PM   #8009
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Looking for some help . . .
My local track has slowed this summer so traction is not like it used to be during the "season" Typical lap times earlier this year when traction was higher were in the low 13's/high 12's. The track now leaves my car pretty dusty after a run and there is an obvious reduction in traction. Last week's race I was able to get my lap times down to around 14.4 seconds. I went back up to practice today and mess with some changes. Due to the loss of traction I have been unable to get the on power steering I would like. So just for grins I decided to sauce all the way across each front tire. Viola! My lap times dropped instantly to 14.0 until the sauce wears off and I start having to lift throttle to get the car to turn in. Any suggestions to gain more steering without saucing the whole fronts? I have my steering turned to 100% already and have set my epa's to take advantage of all the steering travel I can with out hitting the lower shock collars.
Try shortening the wheelbase - you should get more snap that way. Our indoor season has died-off a little as well. I changed tires (softer front), sauced the whole front tire and didn't have to make any other changes. My car is still pretty decent and my EPA is only at 62%.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:08 AM   #8010
Tech Apprentice

hi everybody, sorry to change the subject of the worlds but i just wanted to know what the weeknesses are on the rdx and what spares i should buy first?

also how does out of the box set up handle on a asphalt outdoor track, what would i need to buy in the way of tuning parts

jordan
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote