R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #7906
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hahaha, yea that whole race was fun. I will say I hate qual points though . I have to actually put in more than ONE good run haha.

-Korey
Old 06-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #7907
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricO3
Yea, any place to get the new bottles yet? I had the same problem as you Hebiki, when I got my first bottle of it 2 weeks ago when it arrived a little less than half was gone. Worked great though! Now I just wrap it really good in 3 or 4 layers of shop towels to make sure it doesn't leak in the pit box! lol. Are the newest shipments with the newer bottles? Thanks
Well, recent orders have been delayed due to the metal can issue. The cans actually got even more problematic lately. So I stopped all packaging of 1.0 until I found a solution. Problem solved now.

I know AB Charles has some on back order. All shipments as of this week will be the new bottle. Shoot me your address and I can send a new full bottle or else just have Jim mention it for his next order and I will include one for you.

Jeff
Old 06-23-2006, 10:49 PM   #7908
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to EricO3 Send a message via MSN to EricO3

Thanks Jeff, love the sauce
EricO3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:57 AM   #7909
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jeff, nice talking to you the other day.

The order showed up, thank you for the VERY quick turnaround!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #7910
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If I were going to replace my turnbuckles with Lunsford turnbuckles is this what I would use?

5 - 1 3/4"
2 - 1 3/8"
1 - 2"
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:39 PM   #7911
Tech Adept

I need help with my RDX i ran it with rubber tyre and spool everything else was stock from the book, the problem i have is the car push coming out of the corner other than that the car is ok for now ontil i get more runs and make a few more adjustment, any suggestion.
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #7912
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

You say everything is stock, but i don't know how much droop your running. If it's more than 2 to 2.5mm up travel on the front i'd start by reducing that.

You could also try a thicker front oil or harder rear springs but i'd start by reducing the front droop unless your already at 2mm. i usually run my car with alittle rake say .5mm lower front than rear as that gives me alittle more front all the time
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #7913
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless
You say everything is stock, but i don't know how much droop your running. If it's more than 2 to 2.5mm up travel on the front i'd start by reducing that.

You could also try a thicker front oil or harder rear springs but i'd start by reducing the front droop unless your already at 2mm. i usually run my car with alittle rake say .5mm lower front than rear as that gives me alittle more front all the time
I will check my droop and try the other setting you suggest, thank you.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #7914
Tech Regular

in rubber i usually set my car at 2mm front and 2.5mm rear!!! and if i was you i will try a step more harder in the rear it will give you more sterring but sometimes it has less traction !! also what hole is your camber link at the front and rear???

Later!!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #7915
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
If I were going to replace my turnbuckles with Lunsford turnbuckles is this what I would use?

5 - 1 3/4"
2 - 1 3/8"
1 - 2"
Anyone?
Old 06-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #7916
Tech Champion

I somehow cracked my belt guide wheel. Is it possible to buy the wheel without any of the other stuff? Dont really want to spend $22 for all the stuff just to get the wheel. Would another brand fit?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #7917
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1Raycer
in rubber i usually set my car at 2mm front and 2.5mm rear!!! and if i was you i will try a step more harder in the rear it will give you more sterring but sometimes it has less traction !! also what hole is your camber link at the front and rear???

Later!!!
Thank you, i got all my setup from the manual so what ever setting the manual say that is the setup i use, i only have the spring that come with the kit what spring should i get? the next question i have how do you set the droop? what i do is put the car on the droop block and set it from the arms so if i want 2mm in the rear i would set the arm to the 2mm on the droop block, i might be doing this wrong if so explain how should i be doing it.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:42 PM   #7918
Tech Master

Quote:
I somehow cracked my belt guide wheel. Is it possible to buy the wheel without any of the other stuff? Dont really want to spend $22 for all the stuff just to get the wheel. Would another brand fit?
The wheel is not available seperately. I have never used the belt tensioner/belt guide. You should be fine without it.

Jeff
Old 06-25-2006, 08:47 PM   #7919
Tech Master

Quote:

5 - 1 3/4"
2 - 1 3/8"
1 - 2"
21mm = .82" (1" roughly)
28mm = 1.10" (1 1/8" roughly)
33mm = 1.30" (1 3/8" roughly)
38mm = 1.5" (1 1/2" roughly)

Those are all the lengths on the RDX converted to inches.

Jeff
Old 06-25-2006, 09:59 PM   #7920
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
Thank you, i got all my setup from the manual so what ever setting the manual say that is the setup i use, i only have the spring that come with the kit what spring should i get? the next question i have how do you set the droop? what i do is put the car on the droop block and set it from the arms so if i want 2mm in the rear i would set the arm to the 2mm on the droop block, i might be doing this wrong if so explain how should i be doing it.
if i was u ill buy the black spring kit for asphalt and the silver one for carpet racing!! also go see at corraly usa they have some very good setup out there!! but my first question is what you racing carpet or asphalt???? cause the spring rate depend on what surface you racing on!! carpet rubber i usually run 21lbs(sometimes 19lbs front and 17 rear) anyways tell me what surface you running!!

for the droop: i set my droop by unscrew all the 4 droop screw and put your car at 5.5mm ride heigth or 5.5 depend what you like and put it on the tweak board all that before you do the droop after the car is ok on the twaek board put your car on the table put your ride heigth gauge under the chassis and do this calculation : suposed your ride heigth is at 5.5mm in the rear and you want 2.5 mm of droop so its 5.5 + 2.5 = 8mm so put your chassis on the number 8 on your rigth heigth!!! tigth the screw tilt the wheel just come off the table just a litle bit!! do the same thing at the front and after that you can check it whit your droop gauge to see if its euqal each side and check it again on the tweak board again to make sure your car is not tweaked!! if its tweak : check if something is bent,check you shock length, droop ect....

and for foam its a litle bit more complicated cause you ahve to check it after each run cause the diameter of the tires reduced after each run !! less on stock foam but modified foam you have to check it after each run!!

it seem long process but after you did it 1000 times lol it take 5 min and experience driver jsut do it by eye!! ehhe

anywyas!! hope this help

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote