R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #7771
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Rob, if you're running close to my setup from the Novak, run the long extensions if you can get them, and if not, standard extensions with 24 lb springs.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #7772
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Should have mentioned I ran 24 lb springs, Koch wised me up to the extension thing. I just took the reg. ones off to see what would happen.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #7773
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

On ThisLink when you scroll down , there are some new arms for the car that eliminate the need for the extensions.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #7774
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

One thing I've been playing with lately is congo springs with standard extensions (purple/blue). So far it's really, really good. I would like to go back to my normal setup (33/22 w/ long extensions) and do a direct comparison.

Yes, Slotmachine, I know about the new arms. I'm a team driver but even I don't have them yet. Need to make an order...

Many people don't have them yet, so for those that don't, the extensions are a tuning option we use.
USVTA Member #211

Last edited by Brian McGreevy; 06-07-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #7775
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default rdx

hello guys,
just got my hands on another rdx...i had a carpet spec car before and loved it.i got rid of it and kick myself for doing so......i had to get another one.
only prob with that is i didnt write the set-up down.was wondering if somebody could give me a good set-up to start out with.i know the car i had before had black springs on the back and silver on the front.when pushing down on the car it felt stiffer in the back than the front.the rdx i have now i think is the uk version.it has the thick top deck/thinner chassi...the car has dual diffs like my other one did...i just do not remember what the camber links were and so forth...if somebody could give a me a good starting point i would appreciate that much.....

thanks much guys,

matt
Old 06-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #7776
Tech Elite

Use any one of the carpet/foam setups from this January on. Dayger's, Langlois', mine, Herrmann's, and Lutz's setups are all really fast.
USVTA Member #211

Old 06-08-2006, 05:17 AM   #7777
Tech Champion

brian,
i can do that...i went to the web-site and couldnt find the set-up thread...i will try again though....thx for the info.............corally rocks....

matt
Old 06-08-2006, 05:40 AM   #7778
Tech Champion

actually i did find set-ups.but unfortunately i cant get the page to go down far enouph to click on one....lol
i will try again later...

matt
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #7779
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have 3 different revisions of the 2.9mm chassis. The original one (can't take 3700's), one for 3700's I got on the used car that I had to replace because the battery strap posts holes were cracked, and then the new one I just ordered. Lots of little differences between them.

The rear battery strap post hole is drilled a little further out so it's easy to tighten down the strap without the topdeck getting in the way. Also, there's a new hole drilled immediately in front of the forward most hole for the right rear bulkhead. Any idea what that's for?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:38 AM   #7780
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

syndr0me, did you ever get your GTB installed? Did everything fit?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #7781
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I have 3 different revisions of the 2.9mm chassis. The original one (can't take 3700's), one for 3700's I got on the used car that I had to replace because the battery strap posts holes were cracked, and then the new one I just ordered. Lots of little differences between them.

The rear battery strap post hole is drilled a little further out so it's easy to tighten down the strap without the topdeck getting in the way. Also, there's a new hole drilled immediately in front of the forward most hole for the right rear bulkhead. Any idea what that's for?
I believe it's for if you want to put another motor mount/bulkhead on that side, cut away the motor mounting part so the battery can fit, This makes the rear top deck mounts in line with each other. You have to cut up an assasin top deck to make it work though. It makes the chassi flex equally on both sides. Kind of like a MSX or a T2 or a Cyclone.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:19 AM   #7782
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
syndr0me, did you ever get your GTB installed? Did everything fit?
Yea man, but I couldn't make it look as nice as yours. That GTB is so large it has its own gravitational field. The other electronics are just in orbit around it. :-(
Old 06-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #7783
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
I believe it's for if you want to put another motor mount/bulkhead on that side, cut away the motor mounting part so the battery can fit, This makes the rear top deck mounts in line with each other. You have to cut up an assasin top deck to make it work though. It makes the chassi flex equally on both sides. Kind of like a MSX or a T2 or a Cyclone.
Oh yea, I've seen some pictures of that. I didn't realize people were actually doing it though. Good to know it's a supported option. I LOVE the new location of the battery strap standoff. No more fighting between the strap and the top deck.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #7784
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Yea man, but I couldn't make it look as nice as yours. That GTB is so large it has its own gravitational field. The other electronics are just in orbit around it. :-(
Yeah I know what you mean. Even though the Sphere has a slightly bigger footprint it just seems easier to fit. I guess b/c of the smaller cap and lack of a fan.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:13 AM   #7785
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Ollie RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
Yeah I know what you mean. Even though the Sphere has a slightly bigger footprint it just seems easier to fit. I guess b/c of the smaller cap and lack of a fan.
The Sphere or matrix are really small if you compare them to an other brushless ESC! So they are really good bild! But Orion is building some New brushless systems thats gonna be smaller than de QC3 or Razor its really gonna be amasing! Know this from Oscar Jansens! Now they use the brushless system of GM with a sticker of Orion on it!
Greetings Ollie
Ollie RDX is offline   Reply With Quote