R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #7741
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm not certain of the part number, but you can see a picture of it on the original RDX promotional material.

http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/cars/RDXRear.jpg
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #7742
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

Don't worry about the sealed diffs. I rebuild my diff once a month and it stays nice and smooth, and it's not like rebuilding it once a month is some extreme task. And if you don't like the diff looking like ass from having lube and some dust on it just take a small paintbrush to it and knock the stuff off. Besides, Corally wouldn't have released a newer diff if they didn't think it was better.

Last edited by TeamPink91; 06-04-2006 at 06:19 PM.
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #7743
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #7744
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

To keep their diffs clean, several people have cut out "donuts" from contact paper and applied them to both sides of each diff. The "donuts" make contact (and stick) to the snap-on rings on the diffs and have a hole cut out large enough for the output shafts to go through without making contact.

Seems to work pretty well. I will probably have some in place on my RDX by this Wednesday when the Asphalt Nats begins.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #7745
Tech Lord

I won't cry if Corally decides to do something new with their diffs in whatever car they release next. They work fine, but they seem unnecessarily difficult to work on and maintain.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #7746
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have to say... I haven't touched my diffs since before carpet nationals because I installed the ceramic diff balls. The diff lasts a really long time if built properly. Just dont over lube it, and brush away all the carpet gunk.fuzz after every run. Brush it from the center out so it doesnt drag any extra dirt into the diff balls. Make sure to pack the thrust bearing with associated or Much More Racing Black grease. I use a light coating of Associated Silicone diff lube on the main balls.

-Korey
Old 06-05-2006, 03:55 AM   #7747
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Ollie RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
I have to say... I haven't touched my diffs since before carpet nationals because I installed the ceramic diff balls. The diff lasts a really long time if built properly. Just dont over lube it, and brush away all the carpet gunk.fuzz after every run. Brush it from the center out so it doesnt drag any extra dirt into the diff balls. Make sure to pack the thrust bearing with associated or Much More Racing Black grease. I use a light coating of Associated Silicone diff lube on the main balls.

-Korey
You need the Carbide Diffbals and the Ceramic Trusth Bearing then your diff last longer! And use Asso Silicone for the diffbals and Asso Black Grease for the trust Bearing! And don't screw your diff to tight, how loser the diff is without losing power, the more steer your car has!
Greetings Ollie
Ollie RDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:37 AM   #7748
Tech Initiate

Default one way for my rdx

I have just ordered a one way diff for my rdx. And was wondering does it just fit in the exising bearing holders and bearings or do you need to change the bearings and holders.
adavison1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:04 AM   #7749
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavison1974
I have just ordered a one way diff for my rdx. And was wondering does it just fit in the exising bearing holders and bearings or do you need to change the bearings and holders.
You need the one way bearing holders and bearings and if you want to have your one way smoother you need the Steel One way outdrives from corally!
Greetings Ollie
Old 06-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #7750
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Supplys & Parts

Hey guys i was thinking that a list posted of:

A) The differnt parts, not supplied with the car, other manufactures etc. that you fill make the car better or nicer to drvie. IE. Shocks. include part numbers etc if you have them. What you like about the item.

B) Differant items or supplies you use to complete tasks, such as Assc grease for this and that etc. Also include part numbers and what makes the item nice to use.

I think it would help the new guys to the car and maybe even the older ones to try something new.

I know I am new and would like to get some ideas. Thanks
Fervidsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #7751
Tech Lord

I've found that you can do pretty much everything with the car using Corally parts. There's a few exceptions I guess.

Associated diff lube/black grease for the diffs works great.

TC4 shock retainers are nice to get a lower ride height if you're running on rubber tires. Don't remember the part number.

HPI body posts are a nice fit if you don't like the Corally posts. You'll need two packages to cover the whole car.

Snap rings suck. You can buy them in bulk since they're so easy to bend/tweak.

Bearings
5x9x3 = http://www.avidrc.com/?action=item&id=32
10x15x4 = http://www.avidrc.com/?action=item&id=24

RDX Width
Front: 2MM + Normal Hexes or 2.5MM + Narrow Hexes
Rear: Narrow Hexes (or narrow uprights w/standard hexes)
Old 06-05-2006, 09:26 AM   #7752
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I like to run a 5th body post. HPI posts are nice, but I would rather spend some time screwing the things on and not having to worry about a clip flying out. Schumacher ball cups are also a nice mod to have.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #7753
Tech Lord

Not sure if you guys caught this, but this guy did an awesome job on his electronics using a Sphere and the new Spektrum micro receiver. I've got one on the way. I hope I can make it look somewhere near that nice with my GTB. Putting the PT behind the servo if you've got the short Futaba is the way to go, though.

Link: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=1491
Old 06-05-2006, 01:53 PM   #7754
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey! That's mine! I changed it a bit since then though. I put the PT back on the servo. It was a pain having it mounted on the top plate. I now have my sphere next to the servo with cap between the servo holder and the wire. Then I stood my micro receiver up between the ESC and motor facing the belt. I ran all my wires to the inside next to the belt. Looks even cleaner then before and I can get the ESC fully on the chassis. I'll try to post pictures later tonight.

The micro is definately a necessity with the brushless systems on these cars with the narrow chassis. Gives you a lot more options in mounting the electronics. My only complant with the RDX is the servo arm facing out. I think a layout similar to the the T2 would give you a little more room to work with.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #7755
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
Hey! That's mine! I changed it a bit since then though. I put the PT back on the servo. It was a pain having it mounted on the top plate. I now have my sphere next to the servo with cap between the servo holder and the wire. Then I stood my micro receiver up between the ESC and motor facing the belt. I ran all my wires to the inside next to the belt. Looks even cleaner then before and I can get the ESC fully on the chassis. I'll try to post pictures later tonight.

The micro is definately a necessity with the brushless systems on these cars with the narrow chassis. Gives you a lot more options in mounting the electronics. My only complant with the RDX is the servo arm facing out. I think a layout similar to the the T2 would give you a little more room to work with.
I drive the futaba S9550 on the RDX thats the short servo otherwis i drivs de erg-wrx sanwa! Greetings Ollie