R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2006, 03:17 AM   #7726
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Ollie RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry
I've emailed Corally to ask them so we'll see what they say.
On another note I've fitted the bigger bumper but it seems its going to make it difficult to fit a Mazda 6 shell. Should I cut the bumper down? It seems silly to get a bigger bumper then chop bits off
Yeah you got to make the foam bumper a bit smaller!
Greetings Ollie
Ollie RDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:49 AM   #7727
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry
I've emailed Corally to ask them so we'll see what they say.
On another note I've fitted the bigger bumper but it seems its going to make it difficult to fit a Mazda 6 shell. Should I cut the bumper down? It seems silly to get a bigger bumper then chop bits off
The better the bumper fits inside the front of the body, the less likely you are to crack or tear the body. I'd rather cut some off than have to glue extra pieces to the front of a "small" bumper. I got the large bumper by mistake and it worked great.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:15 AM   #7728
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

With CS27's on the car, if you turn the wheels far enough, the inside of the wheel clears the leading front edge of the suspension arm and starts to rub. Should I set my EPA so the wheels don't turn that far, dremel out the inside of the wheels, or something different entirely? It's not a lot of rub, but it's enough to make some noise if the wheels are turned and the car is moving.

With foam tires, the internal diameter of the wheel seems to be larger, so there's no rubbing.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:45 AM   #7729
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Ollie RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
With CS27's on the car, if you turn the wheels far enough, the inside of the wheel clears the leading front edge of the suspension arm and starts to rub. Should I set my EPA so the wheels don't turn that far, dremel out the inside of the wheels, or something different entirely? It's not a lot of rub, but it's enough to make some noise if the wheels are turned and the car is moving.

With foam tires, the internal diameter of the wheel seems to be larger, so there's no rubbing.
Thats Because you set to Much steer on your car if you turn the Steering block may not touch the C-Hub Really Close But not Touch it!
greetings Ollie
Ollie RDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:38 PM   #7730
Tech Rookie

hi everybody im new to the corally rdx and i was wondering

with my car the electrics and all the wieght is in the car it needs but at the front there is still 5mm ride hirght without me twisting the shock collar

could someon help me on this as i race on carpet and use about 3.5 or 4mm ride hieght

jordan
jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #7731
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Xray spring perches=fast and easy fix. What hole are your shocks in on the tower and the arm?
Old 06-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #7732
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Try some different spring perches on the front shocks for a quick fix. The Xray or Associated ones work pretty well. You can also try just cutting the top of the actual shock end and trimming the spring perch bottom a little bit and that will also let the spring sit a tiny bit lower.

-Korey
Old 06-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #7733
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me

I've found the take-off rims to be just too small a diameter , so you have to either mount the 27's your self on a slightly larger rim or use a wheel spacer to move the wheel alittle further out.

Either way works, but i've just moved over to Sorex pre-mounted tyres and all's sweet I

f your looking for something comparable to the cs27 i'd recomend the Sorex 32's
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #7734
Tech Master

You really shouldn't need to run that much dual rate to where the rim rubs on stuff. Try turning it down some.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:17 PM   #7735
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Keep Diff Clean?

Any recommendations on how to keep the diffs clean when running outdoors on a somewhat dirty track? My diffs seem to really attract the dirt.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #7736
Tech Master

Wipe any excess diff lube off the pulley after you build the diff, and after a run cause some might get slung up. Corally makes sealed diffs as well. That is probably your best bet. It happens to everyone really, it's just the nature of the beast.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #7737
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
Wipe any excess diff lube off the pulley after you build the diff, and after a run cause some might get slung up. Corally makes sealed diffs as well. That is probably your best bet. It happens to everyone really, it's just the nature of the beast.
They make sealed diffs? Whats the part #? I couldnt find it on their site.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #7738
Tech Master

double post.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #7739
Tech Master

COR79160 I believe. No picture was avalible so I am not posative if thats the new or old style. Someone else might be able to tell you for sure.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #7740
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

its the old assassin diff, thats completely sealed, but i get about 5 months on a diff, racing outside constantly
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote