Old 05-31-2006, 09:45 PM   #7711
Tech Regular

thx Jeff.
gotyournumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #7712
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all

Just finished building my UK-spec RDX and it comes with 2 deg rear hubs but still says to install the 2 washers behind the hinge pin mount giving 4 deg rear toe in. Isn't this too much or should I just try it as it is?

Thanks
Tim
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:36 PM   #7713
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well... we measure it as 2 deg. It's 2 deg each wheel. Thats a good starting point though, I would just leave and and give it a whirl. If you need to free the back end up any, go to 1.5 deg of rear toe on each side.

-Korey
Old 06-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #7714
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

I think what he means is that he has the 2 degree hubs on the car and isn't sure if he also needs to put the spacers behind the roll blocks, which would equate to 4 degrees per wheel. Tim, either way you do it just start out at 2 degrees per wheel.
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:17 PM   #7715
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Corally guys where tearing it up at the Naionals track today huuweee fast, fast, fast!!!
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #7716
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamPink91
I think what he means is that he has the 2 degree hubs on the car and isn't sure if he also needs to put the spacers behind the roll blocks, which would equate to 4 degrees per wheel. Tim, either way you do it just start out at 2 degrees per wheel.
I just dont remember them comming with 2 deg rear hubs... might be a new thing they are doing. But yes, if it indeed comes with 2 deg rear hubs (it will say directly on the hub), just leave the rear toe shims out.

-Korey
Old 06-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #7717
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have two cars for sale if anyone is interested, one for carpet and the other for asphalt.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #7718
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
I just dont remember them comming with 2 deg rear hubs... might be a new thing they are doing. But yes, if it indeed comes with 2 deg rear hubs (it will say directly on the hub), just leave the rear toe shims out.

-Korey
My UK car kit came with 0 degree hubs. Check again. If it is so, follow Sushi Boy's direction. And consider taking a half a degree out by adding a narrow shim to the front of the inner hinge pins.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #7719
Tech Champion

See I thought so. Mine did a long time ago... but Corally tends to do little updates like that to the kits as we all know.

-Korey
Old 06-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #7720
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry
Hi all

Just finished building my UK-spec RDX and it comes with 2 deg rear hubs but still says to install the 2 washers behind the hinge pin mount giving 4 deg rear toe in. Isn't this too much or should I just try it as it is?

Thanks
Tim

Id did that tried it and it did not work took them out and was so much better.
adavison1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:26 AM   #7721
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Ollie RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavison1974
Id did that tried it and it did not work took them out and was so much better.
Just put a 1°shim in the back and 1°shim in the front
that make the car a bit wider in the back(on the rear bulkhead!)! and more stabile! (only if you have 2° rear uprights)
Greetings Ollie
Ollie RDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #7722
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
My UK car kit came with 0 degree hubs. Check again. If it is so, follow Sushi Boy's direction. And consider taking a half a degree out by adding a narrow shim to the front of the inner hinge pins.
It definately has 2 printed on the hubs. I will try it first but I will probably end up taking the shims out from behind the hinge pin holder.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #7723
Tech Master

REGARDING UK EDITION KITS

There are two different UK Kits. The UK kit shipped to the US is not the same as what is shipped to the UK. I am not totally sure of the differences. I know the UK overseas has nylon steering bellcranks. I do not know what hubs it comes with for sure. They wanted to drop the price in the UK plus have a double diff setup as far as I know.

Jeff
Old 06-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #7724
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Jeff.. You got PM..

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:48 AM   #7725
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
REGARDING UK EDITION KITS

There are two different UK Kits. The UK kit shipped to the US is not the same as what is shipped to the UK. I am not totally sure of the differences. I know the UK overseas has nylon steering bellcranks. I do not know what hubs it comes with for sure. They wanted to drop the price in the UK plus have a double diff setup as far as I know.

Jeff
I've emailed Corally to ask them so we'll see what they say.
On another note I've fitted the bigger bumper but it seems its going to make it difficult to fit a Mazda 6 shell. Should I cut the bumper down? It seems silly to get a bigger bumper then chop bits off