R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #7351
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robfo
merciless what steering are you using, the plastic or aluminium?
i'm using the aluminium, why do you ask ???

i cannot see how that'd affect the mid corner steering responce , it's not like it's the caster blocks were talking about or the wishbones that could flex more or less and influence grip ..... ?

Anyways i'm very interested in why you asked
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #7352
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcy
Hi all,

I was trying to figure out the difference in damping between the new "rounded" RDX pistons vs. the classic Tamiya 3 holes with 50W oil front and 30W on the rear.

The point is that I was not able to find a reportable notice..

Does sombody has experience on this???

tanks in advance ...and sorry for starting the "avalanche" abou the new arms/hubs

cheers

Pedro
Just makes the shock a little bit smoother

-Korey
Old 05-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #7353
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless

i cannot see how that'd affect the mid corner steering responce , it's not like it's the caster blocks were talking about or the wishbones that could flex more or less and influence grip ..... ?

Just curious..... what is your track like? Really big sweeping corners?

-Korey
Old 05-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #7354
Tech Master

Quote:

He's talking about the steering bellcranks. The plastic ones you can get from -10 to +10 toe with just twisting the wheels with your hands. So if you're using the plastic steering bellcrank this is more likely your problem.

This being said, you mentioned using CS27 and they're certainly not helping you. Depends on your application (with controlled tyres or not and how many runs a set you want), you might want to switch to either CS22s (NOT the new preglued, better nothing than that, but if not preglued and low amount of runs, they're still the best and will provide plenty of steering, use hara greys or echo yellow inserts in them), RPs (24s or 30s depending on how many runs you want and how much steering you want, 24s more steering) or Sorex 32s (less steering than RP24s, dunno compared to RP30s, a lot more runs than RP24s or CS22s).
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:43 PM   #7355
Tech Master

Quote:

By the way, not going on ICQ anymore matey ?

Fab
Old 05-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #7356
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Using that outer camber link position on the rear shock tower is like rolling the dice. It's the only part of broken in the last 2 months, and man, it doesn't take much. Does Corally have any intention of beefing up their towers a bit to make the outermost holes a little more durable? I guess it's easy enough to move the link in a hole, but it seems to be a popular choice to move them all the way out.

I think I'll give the Tamale supports a try. Using a thick washer to spread the load out a little more didn't help much.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:00 AM   #7357
Tech Lord

We've got a fast turn that's shaped weird, and if you cut it too close at speed, it bounces you right into the wall with the side of your car, which is almost guaranteed to kill a shock tower. I've managed to do it once each race night the last two times out. It's a small thing, for sure, but since Corally is so in tune with perfecting this car, and listening to feedback from racers, maybe they'll consider this one as well. Clearly I'm not the only person who finds the towers fragile, since there's parts made specifically to reduce the chances of this happening.

I hate to act like I know a think about engineering, because I don't, but it seems like it wouldn't take much of a change to give that hole a little more support. Surely it's easier to reprogram your CNC profile for shock towers than, say, designing new arms. :-)
Old 05-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #7358
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Just curious..... what is your track like? Really big sweeping corners?

-Korey
Humm haven't been to any other tarmac tracks to compare it against , but i'd guess it's medium/small people were getting 11sec laps consistantly

There's one nice long straight with a sweeper on the end everything else is infield
Old 05-10-2006, 05:41 AM   #7359
Tech Regular

So your using the alu bellcranks like fab said?

Reasn i mention them is that i used the plastic ones for a couple of months and the car was shocking, put aluminium ones on and it transformed it.

What i can't understand is why you've got a lack of steering, my car has loads even on 32's. and i'm using a similar setup to you.
Robfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #7360
Tech Master

just to clarify best i can the steering levers part no.s 79255 are both alu i didn't know plastic was an option.

If were talking about the c-hubs part no.s 79283 and 79284 i think in the manual there alu also.

the track has more grip than the carpet i usually race on indoors, so i'd guess it's pretty high grip surface really.I've just recieved my new "specialized" bulkhead and extra long rear shock mounts so i think i'll put those on which will speed up the steering i'm sure
Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #7361
Tech Master

The UK kits are provided with plastic steering that's why we ask...
Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #7362
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was just at the corally usa website and noticed the RDX parts list page won't scroll down. Can anyone confirm if there is a problem on corally's end?
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:49 PM   #7363
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

here are pics of Team Tamale's shock tower braces - it is just with my camera phone....so sorry for the so-so pics

Old 05-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #7364
Tech Lord

I've got some of the braces on the way (for the rear). They're cheaper than a single shock tower. :-) Give AB Charles a call if you need some, it's a good group of guys out there.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #7365
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian
I was just at the corally usa website and noticed the RDX parts list page won't scroll down. Can anyone confirm if there is a problem on corally's end?
Their website ocassionally "loses" its scroll bar.

When not there...You can still scroll screens by holding your left mouse button down and moving your cursor downward until you get to where you want to be on the screen.

However, it was back (when double-checked) just a few minutes ago.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 05-10-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote