R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2006, 03:58 PM   #7306
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

the outer rear hole on the new arm is for a completely different hub that isnt available yet, just use the inner hole, thats what i did, i raced the the new arms today and they held up great, nice and beefy, but heavier
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #7307
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartermdb
the outer rear hole on the new arm is for a completely different hub that isnt available yet, just use the inner hole, thats what i did, i raced the the new arms today and they held up great, nice and beefy, but heavier
Oooh, new hubs, updated arms in the states? Where's the love Corally USA?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #7308
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just to let you know, we are left in the dark at times as well... We had no clue about the new rear hubs they will be releasing especially for the new position on the rear arms untill Corally Intl announced it on their website.

We have made it known Corally is working on new arms for a while. They addressed the problem because people were complaining that the original ones were a little fragile. The new arms are stronger and offer more room for adjustment.

Corally was having some problems producing them for a while, so they are only available in small quantities. Corally USA recieved a a VERY SMALL BATCH. Production will pick up soon, and we'll be getting the new hubs in the states soon as well.

The new outer position will acomidate a entirely new rear hub carrier. When that pivot point it set out further, and the hub becomes narrower, it makes the rear end more stable. Very similar to the idea Losi had on the XXX-S (dont know if they do on the JRX-S though) with standard rear hubs and Offset ones. The offset ones (which are similar in concept with our currently available hubs) will free the car up. The Newer ones which are similar in concept to the Standard style Losi used to have will make the car more stable over bumps and long sweeping corners.

-Korey
Old 05-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #7309
Tech Lord

Ah, you guys are very forthcoming about information, I didn't mean to insinuate otherwise. There are plenty of people who are fans and the company that aren't privy to the information the team folks are, so we rely on you guys to keep us in the know. Or, going to Corally's international site. :-D

Quote:
As an additional setting option the rear wishbones feature an added outer hingepin position placing it further into the wheel. This allows less chassis roll resulting in higher cornering speed. New narrow uprights (0 degree toe, #79299) are required to use the additional outer hingepin setting option. These as well as other available narrow rear uprights are to be used with standard width hexes only. The existing rear uprights can be used in the inner position only.
So, these new 0 degree narrow uprights (79299) are different than the new 0 degree narrow uprights (79298) that were just released?
Old 05-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #7310
Tech Champion

Yes, as far as I know. Sorry about getting all jumpy like that lol.

-Korey
Old 05-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #7311
Tech Lord

If they're putting the arms into new kits, I guess I can understand why they had such a small batch to send to their USA distributor.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #7312
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Yes, as far as I know. Sorry about getting all jumpy like that lol.

-Korey
No problem, man, I know I'm a pain in the ass. You guys can all jump me if I ever attend a big race. :-)

I love hearing all about how the team drivers are having a bunch of fun with the new arms, but how there's not many in this batch.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #7313
Tech Champion

Well, not very many people have the arms yet. Mine will be here soon and I'll do some testing. I'll let everyone know what I think of them.

-Korey
Old 05-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #7314
Tech Master

None of the kits we have in stock have the new arms. They are still the standard arms. I am not sure when we will start receiving kits with the new arms.

I don't even have the new arms on my car.

Jeff
Old 05-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #7315
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ran the new arms all weekend, had no problems with them.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #7316
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

I ran 1 of Cuffs old arms today and was faster with it. Thanks again buddy.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 05-07-2006 at 08:51 PM.
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #7317
Tech Lord

*sneer*
Old 05-08-2006, 01:41 AM   #7318
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default NEED HELP PLZ

Hi all,

Ran the car on the weekend , Tarmac with rubber tires, first time i've tried this. I had terrible mid corner push and need help !!

Set-up

Front

17lb spring ,30wt oil ,Tamiya 3hole pistons mounted 2 holes in at the top and all the way out at the bottom.

One-way used

Upper links mounted bottom row 3rd hole in

1.5deg negative camber

4deg caster blocks

Rear

19LB springs ,30wt oil ,Tamiya 3hole pistons mounted all the way out top and bottom

Diff ... set as loose as i could without any slippage on track

Upper links std. position on the hub 2nd hole in bottom row on the tower

2deg hubs used

1deg neg camber

Track was high grip i'm told and it was pretty hot for over here so i was using take off premounted cs 27's . to me they didn't seem to go off through the run so i assumed they weren't over heating

Like i said i have terrible mid corner steering it just seems to take an age to turn, although initial steering is pretty fierce. Sweeping bends are no problem at all, it's the slower 180's that cause the problem when i just have to wait while the car slows enough to go around

Any help please ??
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:30 AM   #7319
Tech Regular

If All goes well I should have some of the new arms in stock later today...will let everyone know if they arrive.....as Jeff has said they are in very very short supply....

Jim
CrashTstDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:23 AM   #7320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just walked in and they had them on the wall at Superior yesterday (Corally USA)
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote