Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default 75% Arms

I have been running the 75% arms for about 1 month now and I have yet to break one yet. I have broke a few 50% arms in really nasty crashes. I run mod on a fairly normal size indoor carpet track and I have no more parts breakage issues than anyone else at our track. In fact I have only ever broken arms (3-4 total) and 2 steering hubs. I have also had the car since its release. I have been very happy with the reliability with the RDX.

I think any car on the market will break parts depending on speed and angle of impact, etc. Some corners are very securely mounted and there is now give at all. At our track almost all inside corners have some give to them, but when you hit an outside wall, which are mounted against the building's wall then guess what tends to happen.

Steve
Old 01-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 75% Arms

Originally posted by corallyman
I have been running the 75% arms for about 1 month now and I have yet to break one. I have broke a few 50% arms in really nasty crashes. I run mod on a fairly normal size indoor carpet track and I have no more parts breakage issues than anyone else at our track. In fact I have only ever broken arms (3-4 total) and 2 steering hubs. I have also had the car since its release. I have been very happy with the reliability with the RDX.

I think any car on the market will break parts depending on speed and angle of impact, etc. Some corners are very securely mounted and there is now give at all. At our track almost all inside corners have some give to them, but when you hit an outside wall, which are mounted against the building's wall then guess what tends to happen.

Steve
Old 01-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

this rubberneck steel reinforced foam bumper is the best thing i have bought for my rdx, except for the car of course
Old 01-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys:
i've got an assassin and am very seriously considering picking up the RDX US standard kit. Is there still alot of slop in the steering linkages and suspension (ball cups) and driveshaft line (through the steering hubs).

corally man and anyone else that breaks front end parts, i've found anytime i've broken anything in the front the aluminum cvd driveshafts bend very easily -are there any aftermarket steel shafts.

do you just bend them back or run them bent?
will the alu steering blocks take out alot of slop, plus add some strength?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

i found the easiest way to get rid of the slop is to use rpm ball cups, i use those and have practically no slop
Old 01-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default Bent stuff

Electro-max,

To be honest when I broke the few items on my car the CVDs held up very well. In all my time with the car which by the way goes back to the Assassin and also the c4.1, I have never really bent anything. I have replacements on hand just in case but just have never bent them. I have worn a few out though by just normal usage however.

As far as slop, there is a small amount on my car and what I do is put a very small piece of teflon tape, some people call it plummers tape as well, and then pop my ball cup on. Whats cool about this tape is it is supper thin and flexible and it molds itself around the ball, and after you move your suspension up and down a few times its free with no slop.

Steve
Old 01-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by kartermdb
this rubberneck steel reinforced foam bumper is the best thing i have bought for my rdx, except for the car of course
LOL, thanks!!

Kevin
Old 01-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

corallyman.
are you running the US standard kit? is the 2.5mm chassis stiff enough for the rug?

also are you finding a need to go w/the 4 degree casters? looking at the new set-up sheets it looks like 2 degree is favored.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

where can i pickup the rubberneck bumper? does anyone know if it will fit an assassin?

Corally USA, do you have any Assassin pro-stock chassis in stock?
Old 01-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Electro,

Yes I am running the standard car at the moment, but I believe the chassis thickness is 2.9mm thick. the carpet car chassis is 3.5mm thick. I will be trying out a thicker chassis when they become available.

I do believe the the standard car is thick enough for most people on most tracks. Its thick enough for me, but I also like to try the latest and greatest things because of curiousity more than anything else. I have let many of my friends twist my car and they all said that it was plenty stiff, espicially for a standard car. The rear bulkheads provide a very solid backbne for this car so I think that unless your racing nationals type racing every week you wont be disapointed with either version of the car.

As far as caster goes, I really generally perfer the 4* degrees so far, but I have been playing with 2* at the moment. I have noticed the same thing that most people have set ther cars up lately with 2*, but 4* still seems to the most popular overall.

Steve
Old 01-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Electro,

If you can afford it I would recommend having the 2* and the 4* caster blocks, I also have the 0* and the 6* but I don't think I have ever used them.

Steve
Old 01-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Here's what mine looks like. I would like to see a pic with the GTX on is side so I can move the receiver.
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-rdxelectro.jpg  
Old 01-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Company Representative

Ray...... steering looks pretty good. Tough to tell even in the close up. Make sure the left one is a nice 90 deg angle in reference to the top deck. Then set the other one straight.

Slop Fix........ you can purchase those small hair rubberbands at like Wal-Mart. Put them on your links to tighten things up.

Assassin Pro Stock chassis' are in stock and ready for shipping.

Recommended front end addons........ Kydex Bumper, there is a template you can use on www.corallyusa.com - Rubberneck bumpers should be here shortly. I would get one of those as well.

Did I miss any questions? You guys are talking too fast.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

i stood the receiver up on its side and put it under the top deck as close to the belt as i can. then i put my gt7 beside it and it fits nicely
Old 01-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

karterbmdb - do you have a setup for TQ and Superior for the RDX?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.