R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #7021
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That brings up a question...Is anyone using the aluminum steering blocks?
With bearings or bushings?

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #7022
Tech Champion

And a question for Jeff...When will the Lightweight Servo Posts #79395A be available?

Old 04-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #7023
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
I have the aluminum hubs... running bearings right now - but I have the bushings ready-to-go - when I "blow up" all the bearings I have.

Maybe I hit tooo much crapp - I guess I've blown up about 5 bearings in a year & a half....?
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #7024
Tech Addict

Quote:
I am now using the aluminum steering blocks with the bearings and so far so good I have only had one gigantic devastating hit when I smacked the boards after getting airborn after bouncing of a flapper at top speed and damn I was amazed the only damage was a broken wheel (the center of the wheel was completely broken from the rest of the wheel) like I said a hard hit LOL... but I also have the ultimate bumper sytem to. I would say that with the adition of the bumper system and the aluminum steering blocks the initial problem with the car being fragile is a thing of the past..
Jmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:32 PM   #7025
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeardmore
I have the aluminum hubs... running bearings right now - but I have the bushings ready-to-go - when I "blow up" all the bearings I have.

Maybe I hit tooo much crapp - I guess I've blown up about 5 bearings in a year & a half....?
I assume that the aluminum steering blocks weigh about twice what the graphite ones do. Why run the aluminum ones? Better tolerances?

Old 04-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #7026
Tech Regular

Im running the aluminum sterring block whit the corally bushing. I was running the SRC one before and found they have more slop than the corally one!!
Also found that whit the aluminum sterring block you will have some slop cause and the plastic one they dont have slop !! thats a negative side of the aluminum but thinks that if you hit a lot you will bew able to finsih your qualif hehe!! but i really like the aluminum one seriously hehe!!

i dont have problem whit broken parts but some people have some so this hop-up whit the new a-arm im sure it will be a lot more durable car for sure!!

basicly im running cause its alu lol its more nicer than the plastic one and dont have problem whit it so they gonna stay in the car!!

Later!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:42 PM   #7027
Tech Addict

I found that the aluminum is more durable then the graphite ones but I also know some guys that where beaking the graphites and all they did was add the bumper system and they havnt had any break since. And since I broke a graphite one very easily without even hitting a board that hard I just slightly clipped one and it broke along with bending a CVD.
I think in the long run the bumper system and the aluminum steering hubs are cheap insurance and the weight difference inst that much.

The slop?? I seem to have about the same slop with the aluminum as I did with the graphite ones although using the bearings over time I would imagine you would get a bit more slop from wear and tear.

Last edited by Jmccormick; 04-16-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Jmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:50 PM   #7028
Tech Regular

yeah after a lot of runtime on tour car you will notice some slop cause the bushing have some wear but its not a big big slop !!!my slop that i have in the front was the wear of the turnbuckles cup but after change them for the rpm one the front end is tigth hehe! no more slop!!

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:21 PM   #7029
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

My carpet spec car is from the first batch in the US. From day one, I have been using the rubber neck front bumper available from Corally (just the hard foam part and not the kydex lower part). The only part on the car I ever broke was the plastic steering knuckle and that was in the 3rd week of owning the car (it was a very, very hard hit).

I switched to the Aluminum units and have never looked back. With the Specialized RC bushings, they are awesome. Do I really need them...not really but it's more for insurance than anything. They are a little heavier than the stock plastic pieces but just by a hair!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #7030
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Bill, hope you and yours had a Happy Easter!

I run them on my car...mostly because it had them on it when I bought it. LOL To me it is cheap insurance for when I have a "Brain Lock" moment. LOL I do tend to do that sometimes..... BTW I changed out the bearings for bushings. To date Kathy has only broken two of the plastic ones....I am thinking of taking the aluminum ones off of my car and putting them on my son's.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #7031
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone know the release date for the new arms for the rdx and has ayone got the new rear bulk heads yet and tried them just wondering
Old 04-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #7032
Tech Master

Quote:
And a question for Jeff...When will the Lightweight Servo Posts #79395A be available?
We have the servo posts in stock.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Brown; 04-17-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:33 PM   #7033
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn
does anyone know the release date for the new arms for the rdx and has ayone got the new rear bulk heads yet and tried them just wondering
Corally site says May 1st?
Dodgersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:31 PM   #7034
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

this summer im racin on the 1/8 scale racers of toledo track, electric. the one that has the Great Lakes Challenge every year and the 2003 Roar gas Nats. i was wondering what should i run diff wise.

i heard a front one-way and rear spool was stupid fast. also what about a spool or one-way in the front only, diff in the rear. any other suggestions?
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #7035
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.Hallett
this summer im racin on the 1/8 scale racers of toledo track, electric. the one that has the Great Lakes Challenge every year and the 2003 Roar gas Nats. i was wondering what should i run diff wise.

i heard a front one-way and rear spool was stupid fast. also what about a spool or one-way in the front only, diff in the rear. any other suggestions?
I have never seen a one-way in the front and a spool in the back. If that works, let me know. Typically a one-way in the front and diff in the back.

Jeff