LMAO! Glad I could help.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:29 AM   #6782
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
First of all I do not think you can complain about paying $90.00 for a bulkhead or for the Specialized RC parts. These parts are not from Corally and they have to be custom made and in limited numbers since the market for these is so small. I agree that $90.00 for a bulkhead sucks but come on, these are custom made in small batches and the quality is just as good as factory Corally stuff. For that alone, I think it's worth it!

It would be nice to see an upgrade kit but it gets confusing with a car like the RDX as there have been many varations of the car. As the parts have evolved, they have been included in the box as standard. So now the question becomes, what parts do you include in the upgrade kit? If you include parts in the upgrade kit that I already have, I am not going to buy the kit, thus reducing the amount of potential customers and thus increasing the price of the kit.

I already have the bulkhead, so I would be purchasing and upgrade kit if it is included.

You can argue that well what about the kit for those that just bought the car and have none of the hopups? I am pretty sure that most of the people out there that just dropped $450.00 on the car would have an issue paying another $200.00+ on top of that for an upgrade kit.

Now to have a truely US Carpet Spec car that includes the 4mm chassis, lowered roll center blocks and motor mount bulkhead, lowered shock towers...well I'd be game!!
The parts are A lot of cash Specialized has a CNC machine it's not like they need to re-machine/tool there machine to make the other parts 90.00 for what 4 or 5mm + u need to cut your 200.00 chassis we all know they can go down some
Old 03-31-2006, 09:46 AM   #6783
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

First I apologize if this has been asked before. I have a Xray T2 and have seen quite a few RDX's run on carpet. They look smooth and fast. However, I wanted to know from you guys that have or have driven the T2 what the driving/racing differences are between the T2 and the RDX. In general, what the advantages are? Like drivetrain, corner speed, etc. This assumes good setup cars on both carpet(foam) and asphalt(foam and rubber)
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #6784
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

i cant really speak on experience with a T2, nor any of the Xrays... but a few guys from Texas will probably mention what they found coming from T2s, as they were fairly religious supporters of the X cars.

most people i have talked to say in comparison the Corally is easier to be fast with, right outta the box, maybe a wider working "window" as i like to say. maybe just a few fine tweaks to your individual driving style.

hey Jeff B., ill give you a call later this afternoon, have a few q's...............

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #6785
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
The parts are A lot of cash Specialized has a CNC machine it's not like they need to re-machine/tool there machine to make the other parts 90.00 for what 4 or 5mm + u need to cut your 200.00 chassis we all know they can go down some
Ok........ first off. We do not own a CNC Machine. Everything we design and produce is outsourced to a local place. So, when we place an order we are not at the front of the line. Now since we are good friends with the guy, he goes in on his weekends off to make stuff for us to try and get it quicker to us.

Since we do not make the RDX, there for everything we do is custom and the programs have to be done from scratch. Unfortunately this leads to some time delays.

Jeff
Old 03-31-2006, 10:44 AM   #6786
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1
How about listing all the upgrades in an easy to find/see place on the website.Not much info there on any of these parts.Have to keep searching thru threads to find info on anything.
http://www.corallyusa.com/specializedrc/index.htm

Click on "Optionz", then "RDX Optionz"

These products are not Corally products so they are on their own website. There is a link on www.corallyusa.com to the specialized website. Images and extra items needed are listed. Anything else let me know.

Jeff
Old 03-31-2006, 10:46 AM   #6787
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

you and Rob need a PR guy working for ya to handle all this stuff Jeff...
CrashTstDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:52 AM   #6788
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
I ran the 2.4mm chassis with the 2.9mm topdeck. I did modify the topdeck by cutting out the Corally logo and everything forward of it. It was a lot more connected to the track I thought. I have not tried a cutout 2.4mm topdeck.

I think the 2.9mm chassis and the 2.4mm topdeck would be pretty good. Perhaps try cutting it out like I mentioned as well.

Jeff
Is this correct?

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:55 AM   #6789
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
Is this correct?
Right on the money.

Jeff
Old 03-31-2006, 11:01 AM   #6790
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Right on the money.

Jeff
hey Jeff, have you thought of maybe cutting it all the way out towards the front? I see x-ray has done this for the optional topdecks, and I'm wondering if it would help plant the car more in the front when running a spool. let me know man, thanks.

Kenny
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:19 AM   #6791
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

where i can i find some low profile wheel nuts for the rdx???
josh short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:12 PM   #6792
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
hey Jeff, have you thought of maybe cutting it all the way out towards the front? I see x-ray has done this for the optional topdecks, and I'm wondering if it would help plant the car more in the front when running a spool. let me know man, thanks.

Kenny
I think that would lead to some tweak issues. I would try a 2.4mm topdeck cutout first before going all the way.

Jeff
Old 03-31-2006, 12:13 PM   #6793
Tech Master

ROAR NATIONALS WINNING SETUPS ONLINE

Hey Guys,

I just added Jarrod's and Chris' setups from the Nats. You can download the PDFs on the website.

http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/setup.htm

Jeff
Old 03-31-2006, 12:57 PM   #6794
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
First of all I do not think you can complain about paying $90.00 for a bulkhead or for the Specialized RC parts. These parts are not from Corally and they have to be custom made and in limited numbers since the market for these is so small. I agree that $90.00 for a bulkhead sucks but come on, these are custom made in small batches and the quality is just as good as factory Corally stuff. For that alone, I think it's worth it!

It would be nice to see an upgrade kit but it gets confusing with a car like the RDX as there have been many varations of the car. As the parts have evolved, they have been included in the box as standard. So now the question becomes, what parts do you include in the upgrade kit? If you include parts in the upgrade kit that I already have, I am not going to buy the kit, thus reducing the amount of potential customers and thus increasing the price of the kit.

I already have the bulkhead, so I would be purchasing and upgrade kit if it is included.

You can argue that well what about the kit for those that just bought the car and have none of the hopups? I am pretty sure that most of the people out there that just dropped $450.00 on the car would have an issue paying another $200.00+ on top of that for an upgrade kit.

Now to have a truely US Carpet Spec car that includes the 4mm chassis, lowered roll center blocks and motor mount bulkhead, lowered shock towers...well I'd be game!!

Dude listen its called racing! You wana go fast? its not free!
Just like if you would walk into a new car dealer. You want to buy the Mazda 6 with "race package" , they have a model thats set up for showroom stock! Basically most auto manufactures have this , its a deal setup with the SCCA . Well guess what you still have to buy upgrades to run. You dont need to but if you can run upfront then you'll want it. Look man all racing companies need to make money and if your a serious racer and you know who you are, then you will buy it to go faster. They are called option parts for a reason! its an option! if you benifit from it because your skill level needs it then good. If you like the bling then great also. If you like having gizmos and gadgets awsome. But everything has a price and manufactures have families and mortgages too. Remember Corally USA is a distributer not the manufacturer. The sister company being Specialized is trying to improve an already awsome car thru trial and error " R & D" . That costs money. For me and a few others, 2 to 4 tenths thats worth $290.00 any day. :cool

By the way this isnt flaming you its just people always have a gripe about cost! And they just dont get it racing no matter what scale it is. Will always be expensive , sorry thats the way it is. Plus the manufactures and after market people dont make this large amount of money from markup! If they did 80% of the people wouldnt be racing. These arent toy cars anymore, they are miniture race cars unless your looking at it as a hobby! But they still are miniture race cars. Toys are Wal Mart!
Old 03-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #6795
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl
Dude listen its called racing! You wana go fast? its not free!
Just like if you would walk into a new car dealer. You want to buy the Mazda 6 with "race package" , they have a model thats set up for showroom stock! Basically most auto manufactures have this , its a deal setup with the SCCA . Well guess what you still have to buy upgrades to run. You dont need to but if you can run upfront then you'll want it. Look man all racing companies need to make money and if your a serious racer and you know who you are, then you will buy it to go faster. They are called option parts for a reason! its an option! if you benifit from it because your skill level needs it then good. If you like the bling then great also. If you like having gizmos and gadgets awsome. But everything has a price and manufactures have families and mortgages too. Remember Corally USA is a distributer not the manufacturer. The sister company being Specialized is trying to improve an already awsome car thru trial and error " R & D" . That costs money. For me and a few others, 2 to 4 tenths thats worth $290.00 any day. :cool

By the way this isnt flaming you its just people always have a gripe about cost! And they just dont get it racing no matter what scale it is. Will always be expensive , sorry thats the way it is. Plus the manufactures and after market people dont make this large amount of money from markup! If they did 80% of the people wouldnt be racing. These arent toy cars anymore, they are miniture race cars unless your looking at it as a hobby! But they still are miniture race cars. Toys are Wal Mart!
WOW, this is amazing...reading comprehension on this forum is absolutly terrible!! You really need to re-read what I wrote. I was not complaining about pricing...I was actually defending it.

What I was doing was responding to several posts in which members felt that Corally should offer a seperate hop up package. I simply wrote why I think that if Corally did decide to include a seperate hop up package why they wouldn't sell too many of them.

Since you obviously didn't read my post but simply responded to what you thought it might have said, here is an example similar to the one I used above: If you already have a 4mm chassis and low roll center blocks (which everyone who races on carpet ALREADY HAS) would you buy a hop up package that included a 4mm chassis and low roll center blocks in it? Not unless you wanted more as back up! As a matter of fact almost everyone who has an RDX has all the hop ups already and a hop up package would not be needed by these people.

The only case I feel that a hop up package would be needed would be for those that are new to the RDX and have nothing for the car, but then again, how many people do you know would pay $450.00 for a car and then another $200-$300.00 on hop ups at the same time?? There are those out there that will (like me and I'm once again, nopt complaining about price). But that number would be very few...so few in fact that it would not even be worth the effort to put such a package together!!

Are you still confused!!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote