R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-31-2006, 02:24 AM   #6766
Tech Adept

I have found buying parts, and at the moment alot of them , quite expensive so it mite be a good idea for me to buy a second hand RDX and strip it down for parts. For example my battery posts are fudged i can tighten the screws because the thread is all messed. I looked at my LHS website and 8 for 2 battery posts . Also i agree with soviet they should bring out a upgrade kit like Jconcepts did with the BJ4...but for the RDX because Corally is one of the best companys in my mind and probably yours on not bringing new cars out every 9 months but upgrading just the model they have out and improving the car. Well it obv works, look at Chris winning the natts .

Just my opinoin
Mission_carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:02 AM   #6767
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

yeah prices on the corally are alot higher then most not all just most. I think they should come down a little but then agian i dont want cheap parts that will brake. I think every car has a weak spot and this is one on the corally list. As i just got mine and havent hit the track i hope all that hard earn money improved my stock in r/c cars lol.. But about the fan that mounts next to the motor does it help anything? and they do need to come out with a kit i second that also and sell it for less then the car cost me. like 100bucks a kit because if i got to pay more then 150 for a kit ill just buy me another car from someone selling off ebay and have one car for a back up.. kinda like nascar now.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:30 AM   #6768
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Oh great. Now you have done it.

I will forward all the emails, PMs and phone calls to you to answer since you started it.

Jeff
hehe ....sorry, the devil made me do it
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:19 AM   #6769
Tech Apprentice

I second comming out with a upgrade of all the parts. It would be much cheaper. As much as I like Corally, all this new stuff comming out is really confusing, but you know what, all the parts are not out yet. And the upgrades are not upgrades that are neccasry for being fast, so waiting a month or another two is worth it.
LANCEisaCRACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:08 AM   #6770
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

How about listing all the upgrades in an easy to find/see place on the website.Not much info there on any of these parts.Have to keep searching thru threads to find info on anything.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:44 AM   #6771
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

check out the Manufacters threads under Corally you will find most of the upgrades..
Old 03-31-2006, 06:45 AM   #6772
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

I have seen some electric racers mounting voltage capacitors with their spektrum system. Where do I mount this if I buy one at Radio shack?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:13 AM   #6773
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

First of all I do not think you can complain about paying $90.00 for a bulkhead or for the Specialized RC parts. These parts are not from Corally and they have to be custom made and in limited numbers since the market for these is so small. I agree that $90.00 for a bulkhead sucks but come on, these are custom made in small batches and the quality is just as good as factory Corally stuff. For that alone, I think it's worth it!

It would be nice to see an upgrade kit but it gets confusing with a car like the RDX as there have been many varations of the car. As the parts have evolved, they have been included in the box as standard. So now the question becomes, what parts do you include in the upgrade kit? If you include parts in the upgrade kit that I already have, I am not going to buy the kit, thus reducing the amount of potential customers and thus increasing the price of the kit.

I already have the bulkhead, so I would be purchasing and upgrade kit if it is included.

You can argue that well what about the kit for those that just bought the car and have none of the hopups? I am pretty sure that most of the people out there that just dropped $450.00 on the car would have an issue paying another $200.00+ on top of that for an upgrade kit.

Now to have a truely US Carpet Spec car that includes the 4mm chassis, lowered roll center blocks and motor mount bulkhead, lowered shock towers...well I'd be game!!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:19 AM   #6774
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK
check out the Manufacters threads under Corally you will find most of the upgrades..
True.But I meant on the Corally website.Pics would be nice too.Just a bit more focus to the upgrades etc.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:26 AM   #6775
Tech Regular

In defense of Jeff and Rob at Corally USA........these two guys are doing everything they possibly can to provide upgrades and info to the racers to improve their kits and I personally applaud what they have done so far since unlike the home company they dont have a huge staff to handle PR...or any of the other stuff.they are focused on providing the best products they can to the racers. Please bear with them as they keep trying to improve things

Jim
CrashTstDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:59 AM   #6776
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTstDummy
In defense of Jeff and Rob at Corally USA........these two guys are doing everything they possibly can to provide upgrades and info to the racers to improve their kits and I personally applaud what they have done so far since unlike the home company they dont have a huge staff to handle PR...or any of the other stuff.they are focused on providing the best products they can to the racers. Please bear with them as they keep trying to improve things

Jim
Not being critical or harsh.Just a wish list.lol.Everyones been great since I got the car.Especially with the "oh no,not again"questions.lolMario.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:05 AM   #6777
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1
Not being critical or harsh.Just a wish list.lol.Everyones been great since I got the car.Especially with the "oh no,not again"questions.lolMario.

Yup I understand.....i was simply saying that it would be nice to have everything the racers wanted at anytime in always in logical sequence...I just know how hard Jeff and Rob work to just get things out there for the racers and that they focus so strongly on doing it.

Jim
Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 AM   #6778
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTstDummy
Yup I understand.....i was simply saying that it would be nice to have everything the racers wanted at anytime in always in logical sequence...I just know how hard Jeff and Rob work to just get things out there for the racers and that they focus so strongly on doing it.

Jim
Dude, get to work and sell something, lol.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:15 AM   #6779
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Hell I been at work since 7 am this morning
Old 03-31-2006, 08:47 AM   #6780
Suspended

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
He doesn't need to.

Your purchases alone over the last 3 months will keep the store afloat through Christmas!
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote