R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-28-2006, 08:23 PM   #6691
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
Hello,
Just wondering if there was any information on when the 4mm chassis's will be available? I have a new bulkhead just sitting there waiting to be used!!
I should have more info in the next couple days. I will keep you guys posted.

Jeff
Old 03-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #6692
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Vaguely related question... if running on asphalt is the 2.4mm chassis (and upper deck) really needed, or can one get away with running the standard carpet spec chassis with just the 2.4mm upder deck?
I ran the 2.4mm chassis with the 2.9mm topdeck. I did modify the topdeck by cutting out the Corally logo and everything forward of it. It was a lot more connected to the track I thought. I have not tried a cutout 2.4mm topdeck.

I think the 2.9mm chassis and the 2.4mm topdeck would be pretty good. Perhaps try cutting it out like I mentioned as well.

Jeff
Old 03-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #6693
Tech Adept

If you buy the replacement, does the black plastic nut come installed in the short diff outdrive?
Slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #6694
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade
If you buy the replacement, does the black plastic nut come installed in the short diff outdrive?
Yes.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #6695
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply.... Seems like my supplier is out of them....any ideas where i can get one???
Slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #6696
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.... Seems like my supplier is out of them....any ideas where i can get one???
Not sure where you live. I would check AB Charles, Stormer Hobbies, Speedtech RC. You can get complete dealer listings on www.corallyusa.com with contact info.

Jeff
Old 03-28-2006, 10:14 PM   #6697
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=Jeff Brown]I ran the 2.4mm chassis with the 2.9mm topdeck. I did modify the topdeck by cutting out the Corally logo and everything forward of it. It was a lot more connected to the track I thought. I have not tried a cutout 2.4mm topdeck.

I think the 2.9mm chassis and the 2.4mm topdeck would be pretty good. Perhaps try cutting it out like I mentioned as well.

got any pics of your ride?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #6698
Tech Master

[QUOTE=CHRIS CHAVEZ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
I ran the 2.4mm chassis with the 2.9mm topdeck. I did modify the topdeck by cutting out the Corally logo and everything forward of it. It was a lot more connected to the track I thought. I have not tried a cutout 2.4mm topdeck.

got any pics of your ride?

Thanks
I will work on that for you.

Jeff
Old 03-28-2006, 10:32 PM   #6699
Tech Fanatic

your the man Jeff!
Thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 12:06 AM   #6700
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

Well i want to just say thanks to the Team Corally guys for there help this weekend. Jeff Cuffs for loaning me one of his back up cars to run.Ray Darroach for some setup help an parts. Danny hartman also for setup an gearing.And the last minute rear body brace. lol! and i finished 4th behind Schreffler,Cuffs,Darroach with about a half a pack practice on the car sunday morning before the regionals started.Pretty good day of racing

But I gotta say i loved my xrays for the last 4 years. Now that i have drove a RDX my T2 is in the for sale forum lol.An ill be running a corally soon

thanks guys.
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:23 AM   #6701
Tech Apprentice

Team Corally/ Jeff Brown, I must say. I'm in love with the RDX. I had some issues with the body, but you know what, it takes a lot of patience to win in this hobby. And the craftsmanship is just beautiful. And it also makes me happy that a lot of XRay owners are switching to the RDX.

I've spent about over $550 itself on the kit with upgrades, and I must say, its worth it. Before I had a yokomo, and a TC3, and they were good cars, but they were not constant and did not hold a steady tune.

I just ordered $150 upgrades from my shop. New A-Arms, aluminum steering blocks, going to order the new diff screw, new kydex bumper. Its all worth it, and you can't come into this hobby looking to spend as llittle as money possible.

GREAT JOB CORALLY!
LANCEisaCRACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:09 AM   #6702
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

Jeff
what are the part numbers for the 2.4 chassis and top deck ....the carpet spec cars have 2.9 right? ....I changed out the 4.0 mm Specialized chassis for the stock one in preperation for our outdoor asphalt season, but I guess it just now dawned on me that sounds like there is a thinner one as well, last year I was running an FK05 at Speedworld (home of the 2006 ROAR ON Road Paved nationals, which you can sign up online for now at www.2006RoarNats.com <--- Shameless plug ) ....and for me it worked better when I went to their thinner chassis.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:43 AM   #6703
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yeah Dennis!!

glad you like the RDX.. too bad i didnt have one this weekend.. i did borrow one, but didnt have the tools to work on it!! get the tool kit!! thats all you ll need!!

after running the newer cars, i had to go back to the RDX!! very consistent and ran well at different tracks!! mine new is practically done.. i like the running change ideas instead of a new car and trying to chase setups... my other car is now a shelf queen!! for now, i may get rid of it!!

nice seeing ya at Horsham!! see ya soon!! pat clark was rolling with his!! i like the smoothnes of the rdx!! you can be real consistent with a smooth car!!

later!!

arv.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:00 AM   #6704
Tech Regular

Quote:
if your in the northeast i do have the parts in stock as well as the little plastic insert for the diffs.
CrashTstDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:02 AM   #6705
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
I should have more info in the next couple days. I will keep you guys posted.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote