R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #6556
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTstDummy
they actually have a new towel out that is mostly red and is a better towel
Dang, I've been making fun of that towel for a whole year now, and the way the threads just jump out of it. Glad to hear they went with a better quality one finally. I hope they make one with the color scheme of the new header cards, that color combination is dope!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:13 PM   #6557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Dang, I've been making fun of that towel for a whole year now, and the way the threads just jump out of it. Glad to hear they went with a better quality one finally. I hope they make one with the color scheme of the new header cards, that color combination is dope!
i think the one in the above pic is the new one, with the latest logo, mostly red. looks great!

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #6558
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium
i think the one in the above pic is the new one, with the latest logo, mostly red. looks great!
Yup thats the new towel and it does look good and the threads dont pull as easily
CrashTstDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #6559
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys can anyone tell me where i can order the new motor mount for the rdx?
Thanks in advance
Ash
ashto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #6560
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone have any thoughts as to how long before Corally replaces the RDX with a newer car?
corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #6561
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwin
Anyone have any thoughts as to how long before Corally replaces the RDX with a newer car?
probably not anytime soon since it works so well now......why mess with a good thing unlike another company we all know of....
Old 03-22-2006, 05:37 PM   #6562
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is purely speculation on my part, as a non-informed, non-factory driver. So, take this with a grain of salt.

The RDX you buy today could easily be called an RDX 1.5, or FTRDX or something similar, since the kits contain a number of different (upgraded) parts than the original kits did. These are parts that have been improved upon as a result of feedback from drivers, and not parts that are released simply to bilk more money from customers. "Researched and Developed to the eXtreme" is very, very accurate. I'm not sure what core things about the car you would change at this point, as its flaws have been addressed, and it's clearly still competitive with the newest cars. Releasing a kit simply for the sake of doing so seems like bad business.

If anything, I could envision Corally releasing an updated version of the RDX with all the parts we've seen through the years, and additionally some convenience things (like easy access to the diffs) that other cars have brought to market. Again, just my opinion. Who knows what they'll really do.

The car is a winner. The talk about its durability is nearly moot with all the upgraded parts that are available, especially if you use "the shovel." Stronger arms are on the way to address breakage issues, even though the original arms were just used to win a second national title. The team is small but great, and getting parts has never been an issue. Why compromise?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:40 PM   #6563
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwin
Corwin Bro.. the car is the newest .... as any fine tweaks come into production the kits get fresh stuff.

Corally is smart ...!! instead of releasing a new kit every year or so... (you seemes to be programed to expect that I see.. but ..later on this) the cars' platform is the genesis of all these seasons running TC. the platform "EVOLVES" instead of obcelesing.. get it?

The RDX is by far the most current car in terms of state-of-the-art... I think the ragged egde days of experimentation at your expense. have gone...and now its minute tweaks..you would be wise to invest your racing dollar in a RDX. National Champ 2 pete!

Take F1 for example.. why is the motor in the middle of the car..cuz that where it works best...

the RDX is

- Design experesslly to be underweight so you can bais the weights any way you desire without going extremely overweight.

- Lowest CG of any TC

- Concentrated mass at center and along centerline for instant transition and rotation enabling extreme ability to carry corner speed

- Highest efficiency rear body posts mounted to the rear bulkhead to transfer downforce directly to the chassis..instead of through the shocktower (which cause lag/flex, loss od DF through shock action to a-arm stressing and preloading suspension) like old skool designs.

- Center pulley/spur bearing monted on fixed shaft which acts as another rear bulkhead brace thus reducing flex.. Old designs have shaft floating on bearings mounted inthe bulkhead..(the bulkhead flexs = binds bearing)

- Huge diff pullies allow max contact of belt to transfer power to axles with next to no lag.

===================

You would be at least smoother, quicker and more confident in your driving skill once you rip with an RDX.. I know me and a pile of my local racers are now running the car.
BadBoyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #6564
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Well said syndr0me.......and you are correct that as new factory kits are produced they indeed include many of the upgraded items....and as always Corally will have the upgraded items to keep things up to the level of Excellence with every other car out there
Old 03-22-2006, 07:36 PM   #6565
Tech Apprentice

syndrome, you just made my day. even though that information was already obvious on the car, i like the fact that corally keeps there car, and updates it with little upgrades, instead of comming out with a new car every year (cough cough xray)
LANCEisaCRACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:36 PM   #6566
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
JohnB, I could be wrong but I believe that's Ray Darroch's car.
Thanks. I was just wondering. It's the only picture I've seen of the alum. arms on a car.

take care
john
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #6567
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

John, I'm nearly positive that those are not the aluminum arms. They are the same material and finish as the steering knuckles. The arms pictured are the X-hards.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #6568
Tech Master

Ray's car does not have aluminum arms on it.

Jeff
Old 03-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #6569
Tech Addict

Oh my bad. They looked aweful shinny.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #6570
Tech Apprentice

Whats the difference between the xhard arms, and the new arms comming out? i have the us carpet spec one, and it says xhard arms, but whats the difference?
LANCEisaCRACKER is offline   Reply With Quote