Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
CrashTst - you have pm
You have 2 PMs Mr McGoo

Last edited by CrashTstDummy; 03-20-2006 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo
CrashTstDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:53 PM   #6497
Tech Master

Congratulations to Chris Tossolini for the win. I heard the race was a battle to the end. Good going!!! Your da man....
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #6498
Tech Addict

Have you guys figured out how to keep the 19T spec motor from blowing up??? After seeing several of them smoke out, I still tried my luch with one and was a beleiver from my first run. However as proven to be the inevidble, the motor burned out in my main after cutting it for the first??? Any help would be appreciated.
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #6499
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BrettBowen

I think the RDX boys really showed the world whats up this week! Awesome to see Jarrod take it in stock, and obviously some amazing driving by Toso. Thanks to Robbie for the help also!
BrettBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:00 PM   #6500
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
Hang on, if you changed the arms and the amount changed...the arms are not the same, or the inserts.

If you had changed the arms and NOTHING had changed, that would suggest the other things, but try new inserts, and new arms.
I stripped the bulkheads down and after laying them on several flat surfaces I can't decide if I think they are bent or not. When layed down with out any pressure applied they have gaps between the surface and the ends and they rock. When flipped over there is a gap in the middle. Hoever when I press down on them ever so slightly they flatten out. There is no misallighment when assembling the car so I am not sure if this small small gap is corrected when the screws bring everything together or if the gaps are the root of my problem. The good news is the car drives fine with unequal # of spacers (which gives me equal amounts of toe) so I should be fine for this weeks big race. I'll have to see if my LHS has a bulkhead I can compare to. For now they are going back on the car and I will be swapping things side to side to identify the problem. If It turns out the BH's are the problem I am sure I can wait till the next batch of updated BH's are ready. How are the 0* and 1* rear hubs distinguished?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #6501
Tech Regular

Jeff Brown

can you psot the new setup from the snowbird and roar carpet on corallyusa!!

Thanks
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:58 PM   #6502
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
How are the 0* and 1* rear hubs distinguished?
i havent seen the 1s myself, but i know the 2s i have have the # stamped right on them

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:03 PM   #6503
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Have you guys figured out how to keep the 19T spec motor from blowing up??? After seeing several of them smoke out, I still tried my luch with one and was a beleiver from my first run. However as proven to be the inevidble, the motor burned out in my main after cutting it for the first??? Any help would be appreciated.
Your probably having the same problem as a few of us across the pond, we had a batch of laydown endbell versions that had a small nick in the wire made by the automatic winder (well at least this is how it was explained to me by the importer of this batch)
I have a laydown version and a standup at the moment and they've both had multiple skim's/runs and theyre fine but my first laydown version did go up in smoke.
BTW are you having the same problem about the standup version being illegal because it has a different arm to the laydown one? it might just be the differing rules of the BRCA though.
Robfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #6504
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1Raycer
Jeff Brown

can you psot the new setup from the snowbird and roar carpet on corallyusa!!

Thanks
Sure. Just have all the drivers give them to me. They really do not change much anymore. I will see what I can get from this race for you.

Jeff
Old 03-20-2006, 06:17 PM   #6505
Tech Regular

Default Tosso

Hey Jeff Danny H wants to see what Tosso came up with different to be so dialed in...
Old 03-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #6506
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTstDummy
Hey Jeff Danny H wants to see what Tosso came up with different to be so dialed in...
NEVER LIFT!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:26 PM   #6507
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
NEVER LIFT!

I'll tell him you said that.....
Old 03-20-2006, 08:35 PM   #6508
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium
i havent seen the 1s myself, but i know the 2s i have have the # stamped right on them
After checking the 0* hub s have no marks and I bet you are right that the 1* have a 1R and a 1L etched in them. I am leaning away from thinking that the BH's are the problem (phew!!). I have a mionor bend in one inner hinge pin which would explain the unreliability of this problem. I take things apart and put them together and I get different results by different amounts each time. I bet the hinge pin is inserted differently each time I install it into the arm and thus results in different readings. I will let you'all know if I narrow it down to that. What a brain tease!!

EDIT:
OK, so probably not that as I just realized the inner hinge pin is keyed to the roll center adjusting balls by the flat spot always pointing up. I suppose I could have installed it with the flat part at the front of the rear arm once without realizing it though. Hmmm . . . OH well. I put it all back togetyher this last time and got equal amounts of toe with equal spacers at the amount of toe I wanted. If its not baroque don't fix it!
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 03-20-2006 at 09:20 PM.
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:46 PM   #6509
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
NEVER LIFT!
Toso is just a wheel, plain and simple. I think A2 main of modified was BY FAR the best example of r/c racing I have ever seen in my life. Chris had some CRAZY rip down the straight, it was nuts. His car was very flat in the corners and worked very well.

-Korey
Old 03-20-2006, 09:35 PM   #6510
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
After checking the 0* hub s have no marks and I bet you are right that the 1* have a 1R and a 1L etched in them.
We do not have 1 deg rear hubs.

Jeff