R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #6331
Tech Regular
 
T1Raycer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 304
Smile

thanks a lot dude!!

Later!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #6332
Tech Master
 
Jeff Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,913
Default

Nice Pictures! I need to steal that one of the X-long for the website to show people how they have to setup the shock end. We put the necessary part numbers on the Specialized website but no one seems to order them. Hopefully that means they have everything.

Jeff
__________________
SXT Traction Compounds | www.TractionCompound.com
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:11 PM   #6333
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Nice Pictures! I need to steal that one of the X-long for the website to show people how they have to setup the shock end. We put the necessary part numbers on the Specialized website but no one seems to order them. Hopefully that means they have everything.

Jeff
Go for it
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:32 PM   #6334
Tech Master
 
Number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 1,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebone
what is the hottest mod right now for the rdx?....
The new wood wheels you should try it made by S......p made my car really fast last week.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #6335
Tech Elite
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy
Default

You didn't try the concrete ones yet? Those are DIALED.

To answer your question, there isn't really a "hot" mod. There are two categories: 1. stuff that you need, and 2. stuff that you want, and are great to have, but don't absolutely need to be fast.

For carpet, #1 would be (providing you have a carpet spec kit): Lowered front shock tower, black spring set, 6 degree caster blocks for tuning, and low suspension blocks all around.
#2 would be things like the X-tra long rear extensions, motor fan/guard, etc.

#1 for anyone with any kit racing on any surface would be the SRC hard foam bumper/kydex combo, part # SRC1005.
__________________
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:06 PM   #6336
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Lame lowered shock tower! C'mon Corally, I'll pay you money not to use my damn Dremel! Where's some shortened shock shafts? :-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #6337
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Okay, maybe I should just man up and cut them. What are you guys using, a cut off wheel? 3mm from the piston and 3mm from the ball end and that's it?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #6338
Tech Elite
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Okay, maybe I should just man up and cut them. What are you guys using, a cut off wheel? 3mm from the piston and 3mm from the ball end and that's it?
You got it.
__________________
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #6339
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,236
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Here's extra longs: (pictures deleted)[/img]
Harsh,

Is that car currently legal 190mm width as you have it setup?

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:39 AM   #6340
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Harsh,

Is that car currently legal 190mm width as you have it setup?

Bill
Yep, ran through the techbox and all, I actually am using HPI hexes as they are narrower than the standard Corally hexes, a little wider than the Corally narrow ones and they have shims in .25 & .5 mm sizes as well, e.g. the front end could actually be a little wider with the hpi hexes so I have the .25 spacers on the front.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:09 AM   #6341
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hey

Need a start point.Running on ozite with foams.The local guys said to start with the Cuffs setup.Which one?There's 3 listed on the corally site.Anybody try the Tossolini setups?Comparison? Running stock,handout monster.Thanks.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:27 AM   #6342
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
You didn't try the concrete ones yet? Those are DIALED.

To answer your question, there isn't really a "hot" mod. There are two categories: 1. stuff that you need, and 2. stuff that you want, and are great to have, but don't absolutely need to be fast.

For carpet, #1 would be (providing you have a carpet spec kit): Lowered front shock tower,
Is this only if you're running the Parma Alpha? ...I don't really like the feel of it as compared to the G6, so I haven't converted my cars over to the lower shock towers ...I have them, just haven't "dont the work" as my understanding was it wouldn't really make a diff handling wise for the car, just let's you slam the body more (which I can't with a G6 and still be ROAR legal), or mount the lower profiled front end shells (like the Parma Alpha).
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:34 AM   #6343
Tech Elite
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,493
Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1
Need a start point.Running on ozite with foams.The local guys said to start with the Cuffs setup.Which one?There's 3 listed on the corally site.Anybody try the Tossolini setups?Comparison? Running stock,handout monster.Thanks.
Daygers Novak setup is a SOLID starting point. Just toy with the springs and shock oils from there. I don't have the SRC X Long rear extensions so I went up on both front and rear springs and dropped to a 50wt oil in the front shocks. Car is VERY free in stock and 19 turn and rotates like you wouldnt believe. Good luck and have fun!!!
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:39 AM   #6344
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Is this only if you're running the Parma Alpha? ...I don't really like the feel of it as compared to the G6, so I haven't converted my cars over to the lower shock towers ...I have them, just haven't "dont the work" as my understanding was it wouldn't really make a diff handling wise for the car, just let's you slam the body more (which I can't with a G6 and still be ROAR legal), or mount the lower profiled front end shells (like the Parma Alpha).
IN stock form,you can't use the parma alfa body on this car without the lowered shock towers?That kinda isn't cool.lol.What bodies will fit without the mod.Thanks.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:37 AM   #6345
Tech Regular
 
CrashTstDummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa
Posts: 437
Post New Sponsors

Ray Darroch has made the move and is now running with JACO and SMC batteries!!....along with his Corally ride.......Congrats Ray!! would be great to see him bring back some hardware from the Nats.
CrashTstDummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corally CCT Pan-touring car biker R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 03-02-2010 09:21 PM
Corally CCT Pan touring car biker R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 11-05-2003 07:24 AM
Corally F1 w/touring car setup froghead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 10-29-2003 08:10 PM
New Corally Touring Car At Nurnberg JANTLE Electric On-Road 117 04-30-2003 05:23 AM
Brand New Corally C4.1 Touring Car HauntedMyst R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-25-2002 08:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:21 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net