R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #6301
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Thanks. I'm in a pickle. I have an FK05 and the front of the chassis is delaminating. When I bought the 05 the T2 came out within months. Just trying to make an informed decision.

Lay dow 80$$ for a new 3 mm FK05 chassis, or sell it and save for a couple months and then go "new car shopping".
My personal opinion is that 05 parts have been hard to find, some parts are still on backorder....it may start to get worse.

Post in the wanted section on here for a chassis, a nice used one would be cheaper, then go new car shopping (or used) in a couple of months.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #6302
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Thanks. I'm in a pickle. I have an FK05 and the front of the chassis is delaminating. When I bought the 05 the T2 came out within months. Just trying to make an informed decision.

Lay dow 80$$ for a new 3 mm FK05 chassis, or sell it and save for a couple months and then go "new car shopping".

why is it delaminating? did you seal the chassis edges with CA?

you can't go wrong with the RDX.. just remember to seal the edges of the chassis with CA and quit hitting shit!
BadBoyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #6303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoyRC
quit hitting shit!

lol. that would solve a lot of our R/C problems! I sealed it when I got it but I guess its just the way the cookie crumbles.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #6304
Tech Initiate

Guys,

Just building an RDX and wondering..........

The instructions show different diff pulleys to what is included in the kit which is no problem i understand this i just an update but do you glue the rings on that clip onto the while pully or do they stay on without glue ??

Secondly kit came with the old diff screw threaded all the way down. Is it safe to build and run with this until the new one arrives or are they really that likely to break and get jamed in the plastic outdrive nut?

and any other tips I need to know for the actual build would be greatly received

Please help. ( I have searched the threads but not had any joy and not got time to read 200+ pages and get the car built this week )

Thanks
Andy
speedfreakUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:12 PM   #6305
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They included the new lightweight pulleys as a running change. Just build them up, dont worry about gluing the side part of them on, they stay together really well. The Diff screw should be fine. I still have the old ones in my car actually. Just dont tighen the diff too much. I usualy tighten a little bit, then work the diff for a about a minute, then tighten down it down a little bit again. Just do this process untill it wont slip anymore, then do final adjustment while it is in the car.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #6306
Tech Apprentice

Theres a new diff screw?
LANCEisaCRACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #6307
Tech Regular

Need a clarification here!!

Team driver said whit the long shock extension we can run softer spring like 19lbs and 22 lbs!! but when i read some handling set up guide it sais more the shock is inclined more the car will have traction !!

so whit the long extension the shock is more inclined rigth?? so why not running like 24or 26 in the back whit the long extension cause the shock is more inclined???

i need some clarify here!! (team driver)

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #6308
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1Raycer
Need a clarification here!!

Team driver said whit the long shock extension we can run softer spring like 19lbs and 22 lbs!! but when i read some handling set up guide it sais more the shock is inclined more the car will have traction !!

so whit the long extension the shock is more inclined rigth?? so why not running like 24or 26 in the back whit the long extension cause the shock is more inclined???

i need some clarify here!! (team driver)

Later!!
When you extend the mounting point on the arm closer to the wheels, it takes a greater amount of force to overcome the spring tension. In other words, the closer the bottom shock mounting position gets to the wheels/tires, the stiffer it becomes.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:11 PM   #6309
Tech Regular

now i understand thx a lot dude!!

Later!!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #6310
Tech Champion

No problem.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #6311
Tech Regular

do you have them on your car??
Old 03-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #6312
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreakUK
Guys,

Just building an RDX and wondering..........

The instructions show different diff pulleys to what is included in the kit which is no problem i understand this i just an update but do you glue the rings on that clip onto the while pully or do they stay on without glue ??

Secondly kit came with the old diff screw threaded all the way down. Is it safe to build and run with this until the new one arrives or are they really that likely to break and get jamed in the plastic outdrive nut?

and any other tips I need to know for the actual build would be greatly received

Please help. ( I have searched the threads but not had any joy and not got time to read 200+ pages and get the car built this week )

Thanks
Andy
I glued the ring. I've had a couple of them pop off so I don't take chances. As for the diff bolt: I just replace mine this weekend. I ran the stock ones for over a year and never had a problem. I needed to rebuild the diffs so I did the replacement while I had it apart. If you have quick access to the new bolt, I would recommend putting it in from the start. If you don't have them, I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #6313
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1Raycer
do you have them on your car??
The rear extentions? Yes, I have the new longer ones.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #6314
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the help
speedfreakUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:47 AM   #6315
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default WTB RDX Carpet Edition

Hey guys ... do any of you have a US Spec RDX that you are interested in selling? I have cash in hand and I am looking for a carpet driven only RDX - US spec would be ideal ... with spares.

e-mail me what you have at [email protected]

Thanks,

Martin
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote