Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
HUH? The shaft part I understand, but what end are you refering to?
The shock eyelet that screws onto the shock shaft.

Brian is right...... the reason we cut the shaft and eyelet is to allow the piston to ride back in the correct area inside the shock. The only other way would be to cut the shock bodies. I have a pair that have been turned down 2mm but have not tried them.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T1Raycer
Brian Mcgreevy tell me if im wrong or rigth

to put the lowered shock tower we have to cut 3mm of the shaft and 3mm at the end of the shock??

and want to know what the lowest diameter foam tire we can run whit the RDX?? cause whit 53mm (53mm for pratice) have hard time to set the droop and ride heigth!!

Later!!
53mm? No one runs them that small, on any car from I have seen. Most people stick with 55mm or bigger.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
well, i can say i am now a Corally addict - i was finally able to get some good track time in yesterday to play with a little setup - and all i can say is WOW!!! - this thing is great - super smooth, easy to handle and I didn't break!!!

the "fast guys" at our track are running 10.5's-10.9 sec laps and my second time out with this car - i was running consistent 10.8's - and i haven't even got the setup down.

i still need some more off power steering though - we have a couple of hair pin turns that i die as i am entering the corner, i am great coming out of it, but coming into the corner it doesn't roll as much as i would like. i will have to look at my setup to tell ya'll exactly what i am running, but basically it is dayger's setup with couple of tweeks.

anywho....i love the RDX....thanks for all the help guys....

marc
Decrease the rear up travel. I found at the Birds that the droop was the best tuning option as it effects weight transfer. The RDX is a little nose heavy compared to other cars so you do not want the rear to lift as much since the weight is already on the front end.

I ended up with 1mm of up travel in the front and 1.5mm in the rear. You could increase the front droop to let it roll more if need. I have run more up travel in the front compared to the rear on setups sometimes.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

finally got ot race again......

Scion Evolution 2nd annual meeting/RC race....
Placed second in Sportsman Stock
and TQ'd and Won Sportsman 19T....
WOW even on bad traction surface my RDX was hooked up...
I still get more and mroe excited the mroe I drive this car...
-Shookie <><
Old 03-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T1Raycer
Brian Mcgreevy tell me if im wrong or rigth

to put the lowered shock tower we have to cut 3mm of the shaft and 3mm at the end of the shock??

and want to know what the lowest diameter foam tire we can run whit the RDX?? cause whit 53mm (53mm for pratice) have hard time to set the droop and ride heigth!!

Later!!
Yes, you have to do both.

53 mm is way too small. You should start at 57-58 mm (Parma, Jaco, TRC). As far as lowest you can go...I'd imagine ~54 mm is the limit...but the car won't be fast with that size tire.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

well, i can say i am now a Corally addict - i was finally able to get some good track time in yesterday to play with a little setup - and all i can say is WOW!!! - this thing is great - super smooth, easy to handle and I didn't break!!!

the "fast guys" at our track are running 10.5's-10.9 sec laps and my second time out with this car - i was running consistent 10.8's - and i haven't even got the setup down.

i still need some more off power steering though - we have a couple of hair pin turns that i die as i am entering the corner, i am great coming out of it, but coming into the corner it doesn't roll as much as i would like. i will have to look at my setup to tell ya'll exactly what i am running, but basically it is dayger's setup with couple of tweeks.

anywho....i love the RDX....thanks for all the help guys....

marc
I saw the results today, nice job Marc!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

yeah i know 53 mm is small but i used to pratice cause i cant afford foam like everyone here hehe!! so i used the used one for pratice and new one(59m) for racing day!!

Later!!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

53 mm for practice doesn't do you any good. There is no foam on the tire and it has a huge impact on how the car will handle...usually it will push all around. I usually practice with 55-56 mm tires and throw 57 mm on for the start of a club race day.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

yeah !! i know is small but i cant afford foam just like that !! its litle expensive 50$ for 4 tire and there over after 3 or 4 race !!

anyways !! im not a profesionel so !! 53 mm for praticing is good for me! my 59 mm tire are for racing day! cant use them to pratice hehe!!

Later!!

Thx guys for the answer
Old 03-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SLOW 77
I saw the results today, nice job Marc!
Ya, Out qualifying Rocco. Looks like Marc got a car he can drive pretty fast. He even out qualified my time

Are you hooked or what Marc? I saw you didnt race the main so I was wondering what happened. The new layout for the TSC is almost finished. It looks "tight".
Old 03-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
what is your rear droop,FT caster blocks,and FRT toe-out or in if so how much ,sway bar?
Rear droop at 5mm from arm, 4 degree caster blocks, 0 degree toe in front, and no sway bar.

my last qualifier i dropped my droop to 4mm all the way around and that seemed to help some. i had no up travel, so i might even try a little more.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Rear droop at 5mm from arm, 4 degree caster blocks, 0 degree toe in front, and no sway bar.

my last qualifier i dropped my droop to 4mm all the way around and that seemed to help some. i had no up travel, so i might even try a little more.
my car has a exit push so I run 3mm rear and 1 to 1.5 mm ft if I were you I try 2 and 2 or 1.5 and 2 or set the FT ride height 1mm higher than the rear...
Old 03-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

4mm of droop? With foam tires? You really need to change that.

When I say 4mm of droop we refer to uptravel. Hopefully you are not running 4mm of up travel. The car would massively push.

Jeff
Old 03-12-2006, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

At the moment i have the shortest wheel base and i was wondering what would happen if i left the rear as it was and pushed the front arms all the way? so the wheel base was longer?

Thanks,

Will
Old 03-12-2006, 05:35 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I might score a pair of Duraluminum knuckles pretty quickly? I ran my RDX for the 1st timw this weekend and it was fantastic except that if I tapped the board on the high speed sweepers it would break the plastic knuckle.

Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.