R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2006, 12:20 AM   #5761
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm sure it's documented in a million places, but I'm lazy. What's the compound of choice in Parma for Ozite carpet? I'll give them a try.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:04 AM   #5762
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Cyan fronts, Magenta rears. 57.5 mm is a great place to start them.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:28 AM   #5763
Tech Apprentice

I have recently purchased the RDX. I have no raced with it yet, I am still waiting on the ESC, batteries, etc. I have about 4 years of racing experience behind my hands, and all I have to say about the car, and the company already, is "WOW!" The craftsmanship on it is very nice.
I have already made upgrades/mods to the RDX. Stuff such as RPM ball cups, RC Screz hex screwz (didn't like the screws that came with it), xray body post all around, took of the front belt tensioner. I am this close to getting up and racing. I have raced Touring before.

I am very pleased with my RDX !
LANCEisaCRACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:00 AM   #5764
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, I have posted a setup that I have been having problems with getting out of the corner. At the initial hit of the throttle, it tries to kick out, but after that its not loose at all. I am running on a low to medium grip surface. Any suggestions are appreciated.

click here for setup
CandyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #5765
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Here is my spool setup that works great for me....But my dual rate on high bit is 68%....on med bit its 89%

http://imagehouze.com/uploader/pview...ol%20setup.JPG
I hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #5766
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Talking foams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Just say Parma , all together now
do U like the Parmas better their not as wide as the jacos the Jaco 2 stage tires r good but U cant turn them lower than 57 because the glue from the wrap is at about 55
Old 02-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #5767
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyMan
Hey guys, I have posted a setup that I have been having problems with getting out of the corner. At the initial hit of the throttle, it tries to kick out, but after that its not loose at all. I am running on a low to medium grip surface. Any suggestions are appreciated.

click here for setup
Just a few thoughts.... Try going to 4 deg of caster. I've never really liked the way 2 deg felt on the car for some reason. I usually almost always start with 4 on my car.

Also, the camber link setup you have on you car is a little longer than what most setups I've run are. Try making them one or two positions shorter all around. I would still leave them on the bottom row of the shock towers though. When you shorten your links It will free up the car in the middle of the corner generally, and let it rotate a touch better.

You can also try moving the rear camber link on the outside hole of the rear hub. That will decrease body roll a touch and free it up in the middle and exit of the turn as well.

So are you really running 0 deg of rear toe in??? Just seems a little odd to me. On rubber tires I generally stick with 2 deg rear toe in.

I would also try going up in rear shock oil too. When you hit the throttle you are letting weight transfer to the rear really quick, thus giving you that stuck feeling. I would try Associated 40wt or Trinity 50wt both front and rear. It'll just balance out the car a lot better.

I would also see if you can grab some more shims for the suspension blocks (the ones that adjust toe in and stuff). Put at least another 1 deg shim on each of the front suspension blocks. This will widen the front of the car out a touch and make it closer to the width of the rear. It will allow it to finish off the corner a lot better.

If all of those things dont work.... move your rear hinge pins up to Roll center position #2. This will free the back end of the car up in the middle and exit of the corner as well.

Alrighty..... hope that helps ya out a bunch

-Korey
Old 02-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #5768
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
do U like the Parmas better their not as wide as the jacos the Jaco 2 stage tires r good but U cant turn them lower than 57 because the glue from the wrap is at about 55
Parma's generally have a little bit more steering. I used to not liek them as much because the wheel was so soft... so I switch back to Jaco's. The New run of parma's that actually say PARMA on the wheel are very good. They are stiffer, and slightly larger in diameter. They work awesome.

-Korey
Old 02-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #5769
Tech Elite

Talking car sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Here is my spool setup that works great for me....But my dual rate on high bit is 68%....on med bit its 89%

http://imagehouze.com/uploader/pview...ol%20setup.JPG
I hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Hey the Shims under the front couplers , how did U like the setup U have 3mm,1mm =2mm did it turn in better or did it help exiting? thanks
Old 02-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #5770
Tech Champion

It should help in the middle of the corner mostly. When you put arm sweep in the car it puts the hinge pins at an angle, thus making the suspension less efficient. Because the suspension doesnt move as easily, it prevents weight from being transfered to the rear in the middle and exit of the corner when rolling on the throttle. It tones down entry a tiny bit too.

-Korey
Old 02-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #5771
Tech Elite

Arrow car

cool I will try I have 2 1mm shims all the way around now like to have a bit more exit streering thanks
Old 02-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #5772
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
Actually the Parma tires have a wider offset than the Jacos. The 2-stages have a good concept, as the inner foam acts like a bigger rim (because it's very dense), but is lighter than plastic. Using a larger overall tire lowers the roll center of the car because the suspension arms do not need to be at as much of an angle to achieve the desired ride height. I do not, at this point, think that the 2-stages are necessarily "faster" than normal jacos or Parmas. I think they change the feel of the car and when the grip comes up, but all three types are fast. Jim Herrmann TQ'd stock at the Novak on Parma tires, and I put it in the A using them too. For a big race Parmas seem to work best around 55.5 mm...standard Jacos at 56 mm, and 2-stages at 56.5-57 mm. That should be enough info for you on tires .
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #5773
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
So are you really running 0 deg of rear toe in??? Just seems a little odd to me. On rubber tires I generally stick with 2 deg rear toe in.
-Korey
Yes it's true. I know its odd but its the only way I knew to get the car to rotate. If I add the toe and get the rotation somewere else do you think that will help my problem with the rear end kicking out?
CandyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #5774
Tech Champion

I sure do. It'll be way more consistant.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #5775
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

great.... thanks Korey. now he will be bumming more shims from me!
j/k!

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote