R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #5641
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Has anyone ever tried to moving the camber link around on the rear hub? All the set-up sheets I've seen all seem to have it in the location the manual has it in. Just curious to see what it does.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #5642
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Has anyone ever tried to moving the camber link around on the rear hub? All the set-up sheets I've seen all seem to have it in the location the manual has it in. Just curious to see what it does.
Moving the camber link out to the furthest outside position made the rear track better behind the front end. When I moved the link into the next hole, it freed the rear end up a bit. Assume that the next hole is would continue that progression. Simple!

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #5643
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Usually moving the rear link further out on the rear hub frees the car up inthe middle and exit of the turn. Moving it further in makes the car turn in harder, but the back end sticks down in the middle and exit of the corner.

-Korey
Old 02-06-2006, 01:42 AM   #5644
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
I don't know about the spool....but I do know if they Machine the new A-arms out of Delrin thats all they need ...I ran Daytona R/S Speedmind years back and they had the same problem as the RDX arms,they machine them out of Delrin and wow worked PERFECT!!!
79105 ASSASSIN Short Wishbone, Delrin (1 Pc)

They tried this at least once. Here's a picture:

http://teamorion.com/global/global_news.asp?id=2103
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:30 AM   #5645
Tech Initiate

What is the difference in the SRC spool and the Corally spool?
CandyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:51 AM   #5646
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
I don't know about the spool....but I do know if they Machine the new A-arms out of Delrin thats all they need ...I ran Daytona R/S Speedmind years back and they had the same problem as the RDX arms,they machine them out of Delrin and wow worked PERFECT!!!
You can try the delrin wishbones, they're worse than the graphite ones. Delrin is NOT a suitable material for wishbones, it's not stiff enough and suffers from creep. It's only used in outdrives because of its good frictional behaviour and relatively low wear. Only the actual shape of the wishbones is at fault not the material.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #5647
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation major traction roll

hi guy's !!
need info on traction roll !
i have run the cs22 frt and rear even try cs27 frt cs22 rear still doing traction roll !!
here is my set-up
1.5deg camber 4 wheel
0 deg toe in/out frt
droop 2mm frt / rear 2.5 close !!
60wt frt 50wt rear
1.3piston frt & rear
33frt spring 22rear spring
3hole upper frt 1 outer hole on arm frt
2 hole top rear stk position down
even try 24lbs spring frt 17 lbs rear did not help
i have try with a diff and a frt one way
any reply would be appreciated !!
thanks!!
Pete68

Last edited by pete68; 02-06-2006 at 04:47 PM. Reason: mising info
pete68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #5648
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Where are you at on your roll center block position and your camber link positions? Are you using a swaybar in front? What is your ride height at? Going softer on springs and tires will only add more traction.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #5649
Tech Regular

Default set-up

hi
ride height is 6.0 frt 5.5 rear frt link is 3 hole upper rear 3 hole lower position rear hub second hole from tire
frt sway bar 1.9mm
lowest roll positon
Pete68

Last edited by pete68; 02-06-2006 at 05:33 PM. Reason: missing info
pete68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #5650
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

You need to go WAY softer on springs. Try around 22 fronts and 17 rears. What roll blocks are you using and in what positions?
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #5651
Tech Regular

Default Gearing?

I was wondering if I could get some help with the gearing of the car.

I ran a club race on sunday, Sportsman stock at Superior Hobbies in Orlando. Running the Stock 78 spur. 24 tooth pinion. EA monster stock motor, Max rpm from a MM Motor master was 37,500.

It noticed that on the straightaway It seemed to be getting full speed about half way down.

I was thinking that if I went up in teeth 25, 26 etc that I would gain more speed and not hit full speed until the end of the straight. But I was told that I should go down so it is still winding up at the end. They said use a 23, so that would be a 6.78.

I am confused, wouldnt it wind up faster and hit peak before halfway then?
Fervidsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #5652
Tech Champion

Try lowering your car too.... usually 5mm is good.

Sometimes when going that stiff the car reacts strange. It will transfer all the weight directly to the tires and even generate more traction, or really unpredictable traction. I would try 22 lb springs in the front and 19lbs in the rear again.

Also try shortening your camber links one or two positions. That should take some overall traction away and help the car transistion better.

Make sure you dont have too much droop as well. The car should only lift about 2mm above your static ride height.

Also try running some swaybars. Just try a thin one up front to see if that helps any, if it does I would even try putting the rear one on as well. Then mess with the thickness of the bars as well. Hope that helps some.

-Korey
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #5653
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fervidsea

I ran a club race on sunday, Sportsman stock at Superior Hobbies in Orlando. Running the Stock 78 spur. 24 tooth pinion. EA monster stock motor, Max rpm from a MM Motor master was 37,500.

It noticed that on the straightaway It seemed to be getting full speed about half way down.

I was thinking that if I went up in teeth 25, 26 etc that I would gain more speed and not hit full speed until the end of the straight. But I was told that I should go down so it is still winding up at the end. They said use a 23, so that would be a 6.78.

The Motor could just be having problems pulling the super tall gear you are forcing it to run. I would gear down a bit as well, just to see if it wakes up. the monster stocks dont like to be geared super tall.

-Korey
Old 02-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #5654
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fervidsea

you are way over geared for superior, i was geared at a 28/98 for stock at superior and my car was geared almost perfect, try running about a 22 and you should be good

dont forget the straight at superior goes uphill, so you dont gear nearly as high as you think you need to
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #5655
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replys. I will see what I can do next month.
Fervidsea is offline   Reply With Quote