R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #5611
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.Hallett
thanks Mr. Shookie. do i need to run the steel cvds and metal blades with the oneway?. thanks again
No you do not.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #5612
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1Raycer
do i have to put softer or stiffer spring if i put 1.6 degree of anti-dive in the front or can keep the spring im running!!

33lbs front whit double purple jaco foam and i have 4 degree caster block
26lbs back whit purple jaco foam

Later!!
Anti-Dive prevents weight transfer so you may consider a softer front spring. I don't think it is necessary though.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #5613
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
I run tamiya shocks and AE springs does your car with 28mm Jaco wheels hit it shocks if U run a bit more steering I set my end point and dual rate based on my wheels hitting the shocks...I know if I move the shocks in a hole on the Arm/tower but wow it gets way soft..if I run parm's they R not as wide so I get more throw....my track is small 36x70 will I get more throw with the Stock RDX shocks..
I just finished my car for the Birds and I moved the shocks into the middle hole on the front arms, and the 3rd hold in on the tower. I did this to get the steering throw back into the car as it will hit the shocks otherwise. I will also put about 1 deg of toe out on the car as well.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #5614
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

what is the difference in speed and handling of a spool and a oneway? does one have more speed and accel than the other, and handling chacterisctics?
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #5615
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

One ways generally require a very smooth driving style. I've always found they give the maximum amount of steering. The only draw back is they are very unstable under braking, since you only have rear wheel brakes. They also make the car very unstable in hot weather conditions. I always use one ways on carpet with rubber tires.

Spools give the car an off power push, but when you get on the throttle they pull the car around the corner. They are very stable under hot weather conditions as well. Spools tend to let the car accelerate and decelerate faster as well. I find this is the choice for asphalt racing.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #5616
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
One ways generally require a very smooth driving style. I've always found they give the maximum amount of steering. The only draw back is they are very unstable under braking, since you only have rear wheel brakes. They also make the car very unstable in hot weather conditions. I always use one ways on carpet with rubber tires.

Spools give the car an off power push, but when you get on the throttle they pull the car around the corner. They are very stable under hot weather conditions as well. Spools tend to let the car accelerate and decelerate faster as well. I find this is the choice for asphalt racing.
Yea what he said....LOL.......SPOOL IS AWESOME ON ASPHALT....
Except you can dial out that off power push with the spool...Just have to really work at it........
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #5617
Tech Champion

Yeah it's honestly the only thing I dont like about spools. I run indoors so much where you have all the traction and natural steering in the world. When I race outdoors I always feel like my car is slow when it's actually really fast LOL.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #5618
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Yeah it's honestly the only thing I dont like about spools. I run indoors so much where you have all the traction and natural steering in the world. When I race outdoors I always feel like my car is slow when it's actually really fast LOL.
Yea you really have to look at lap times to get convinced you are still fast...LOL...
It took Jason E and Charlie Albright to convince me that the spool is the way to go...
They tweak their setups about every two to three weeks to get that much more steering and corner speed..I am so spoiled to have such that level of great drivers to help me with setup help...
Thanks Bitter and Jason...Setups are so stinking dialed...
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #5619
Tech Champion

Yeah,most of the time I fiund a setup that is fast and just wheel it, even if it feels horrible on the track.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #5620
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Talking true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
I just finished my car for the Birds and I moved the shocks into the middle hole on the front arms, and the 3rd hold in on the tower. I did this to get the steering throw back into the car as it will hit the shocks otherwise. I will also put about 1 deg of toe out on the car as well.

Jeff
thanks for the input and good luck at the Birds wish I was there
Old 02-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #5621
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what are the 3 hole tam piston that jeff dayger is running?
SPC Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #5622
Tech Champion

They are the 3 hole pistons for the TRF shocks. If I remember right Tamiya's part number is 53573. The pistons are the exact same dia, but they are a little thinner. So you need to put a shim or something to take the slack up.

-Korey
Old 02-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #5623
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i have another short ? where can i get some 4mm ball cups to help tighten up the front end?
SPC Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #5624
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Lightbulb RDX arms

I hope as WE were told corally will be testing NEW A-arms @ the Birds & they work!!!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #5625
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPC Racer
i have another short ? where can i get some 4mm ball cups to help tighten up the front end?
I run the RPM ballcups. They seem to last alot longer.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote