R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-29-2006, 10:54 AM   #5446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

im running a completely off the wall set up that i actually was successful with at out first state series race here, im running 25 wt oil all the way around and 14.5 front springs and 12.5 rear springs, car is super soft but with my high roll centers the car doesnt move around alot.

RDXracerboy, you will find one of the most useful adjustments you can make is with droop, it will completely change how the car enters and exits the corners. if you need any help at superior, ill be there, you wont miss my car on the track, bright yellow and orange faded down the middle
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:04 AM   #5447
Tech Adept

I've got some pics and im a bit confused about what you said shookie have a look at the pics and tell me what you think. I know its pretty much screwd on the top because we trid everything so please ignor that ...o yea thought i put my shell in there as well

Mission_carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #5448
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

Did you try making a slot in it with a dremel and using a flathead to get it out?
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #5449
Tech Adept

I dont have a dremel you see
Old 01-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #5450
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to RDXracerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartermdb
im running a completely off the wall set up that i actually was successful with at out first state series race here, im running 25 wt oil all the way around and 14.5 front springs and 12.5 rear springs, car is super soft but with my high roll centers the car doesnt move around alot.

RDXracerboy, you will find one of the most useful adjustments you can make is with droop, it will completely change how the car enters and exits the corners. if you need any help at superior, ill be there, you wont miss my car on the track, bright yellow and orange faded down the middle
Thanks Mark, I will be their Feb 5th. In the mean time I'm gonna try to adjust the droop first before I make a change to the shocks, thanks for the reply.
RDXracerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #5451
Tech Apprentice

Another thing I'm wondering is can the back being loose be caused by a too tight front diff and loose rear diff? Because it also could be that when I rebuilt them I might of not got the tightness right...? How tight should they be? This is a little gray area for me that I'm not sure about.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #5452
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
I've got some pics and im a bit confused about what you said shookie have a look at the pics and tell me what you think. I know its pretty much screwd on the top because we trid everything so please ignor that ...o yea thought i put my shell in there as well

Cool paint job, looks an awful lot like mine LOL.

-Korey
Old 01-29-2006, 12:00 PM   #5453
Tech Adept

Thanks,

Has any one got any tips? Really need to get this sorted
Old 01-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #5454
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Thanks,

Has any one got any tips? Really need to get this sorted
I would probably take the layshaft and bulkhead off of the car, try to hold the screw with a driver, and just try to unscrew the layshaft off...?
Old 01-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #5455
Tech Adept

So take both Bulkheads off unassemlbe the Spur Gear/CentrePully and the un screw the layshaft?
Old 01-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #5456
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
So take both Bulkheads off unassemlbe the Spur Gear/CentrePully and the un screw the layshaft?
That's what I would try!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #5457
Tech Adept

Thanks for the help buddy
Old 01-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #5458
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDXracerboy
Another thing I'm wondering is can the back being loose be caused by a too tight front diff and loose rear diff? Because it also could be that when I rebuilt them I might of not got the tightness right...? How tight should they be? This is a little gray area for me that I'm not sure about.
Anyone know?
Old 01-29-2006, 12:53 PM   #5459
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

just grab ur layshaft with a pair of pliers softly and turn it off, ive had to do this in the past, then just get another screw for it, or you can be lazy like me and just keep the stripped one and use pliers for a few months, lol, its an old wheel screw from the old C4 and C4.1

anything can cause these cars to be loose, what are you using for difflube when you build ur diffs and how much are you using?
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #5460
Tech Regular

borrow a dremel from someone and do what TeamPink91 said!! it the best method to get out a screw i did the same thing whit some screw that was stripped and it works good ! just take your time to make a clean and nice cut!

Later!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote