R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #4711
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Jim. See ya!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:34 PM   #4712
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli
Jeff, that is 1.3's all around?
Yes.

Jeff
Old 12-16-2005, 11:36 PM   #4713
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429racer
I have many questions (LOL), can you brings all the parts and your cars to my house to help me build this car and set it up LOL? I will be running on carpet and I was referring to the lower shock tower. When was the running change made with the pistons? In Cuffs setup for the 2005 Snow Birds it said that he was using stock pitons and in Daygers 3/20/05 Nats setup he was also running stock pistons so I was trying to figure who used what, so on a time line I could possibly make a guess as to which piston they were running. I have the 1.3's in the car right now.
Sure.... buy me a plane ticket and I'll help you out, no problem.

Well, shortly after the Carpet nationals in March. So Cuffs and Dayger ran 0.9mm pistons on those setup sheets. Cuffs ran 1.3mm pistons in Vegas.

Jeff
Old 12-17-2005, 07:18 AM   #4714
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sweet! Thanks Jeff for the help. Are you going to the Novak race? So if you aren't going then let's see here a plane ticket about Jan. 3rd (one-way) would be about the time you would need a ticket . I see Team Corally on the entry list. I think my friend and I might go up to watch on the 6th and 7th.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:22 AM   #4715
Tech Master

Quote:
Sweet! Thanks Jeff for the help. Are you going to the Novak race? So if you aren't going then let's see here a plane ticket about Jan. 3rd (one-way) would be about the time you would need a ticket . I see Team Corally on the entry list. I think my friend and I might go up to watch on the 6th and 7th.
Unfortunately I am missing the Novak race. Next race will be Snowbirds.

Jeff
Old 12-17-2005, 10:32 AM   #4716
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Jeff

does corally have any plans to make the rear shock mount extention piece (the one on the arms) available to the public or do just the fast team guys get the parts to make the car work?? The corally team is turning into the losi team (prototype parts never released and not the full story on the setup sheets)
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #4717
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Pezz

Just ordered my RDX, should have it right after X-mass, can't wait. I am moving away from X-ray for obvious reasons, and there are a few drivers at my track running the RDX now, and I had a chance to drive a few them and all I can say is WOW

Like I said, can't wait.

-B
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:53 AM   #4718
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh H
Jeff

does corally have any plans to make the rear shock mount extention piece (the one on the arms) available to the public or do just the fast team guys get the parts to make the car work?? The corally team is turning into the losi team (prototype parts never released and not the full story on the setup sheets)
What are you on about?

That part comes standard in the kit and is also available separately C79248 RDX / ASSASSIN Rear Shock Extension (1 Pr) - Duraluminium

Cheers
Peter
Pedro 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #4719
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Jeff

i run the standard extensions on my car, and my car has been performing over the last couple races.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:19 AM   #4720
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

getting a car to turn in stock is a lot different than getting a car to turn in mod.
yes my car works just fine in stock and 19 with all the drag brake. There is a reason chris and ray D. were running them for mod

Pedro.... its a longer piece than standard (but thanks for trying)
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #4721
Tech Rookie

the job of a team driver is to try new stuff too see if it works. if the team does not try new parts how will the next gen car get better. my car is dialed and I dont have the parts.
R Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #4722
Tech Fanatic

Jeff, when using the new lowered shock tower are your camber link (roll center) locations in the same spot as the original shock tower? I heard people drilling them and dropping the old shock tower, but then I was thinking that would change the roll center dramatically. Any info on this would be great! Thanks!
Old 12-17-2005, 06:37 PM   #4723
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
getting a car to turn in stock is a lot different than getting a car to turn in mod.
yes my car works just fine in stock and 19 with all the drag brake. There is a reason chris and ray D. were running them for mod

Pedro.... its a longer piece than standard (but thanks for trying)
As another member said. They have to test stuff first before releasing it to the public. What if they just realeased it with out testing and then you bought it and the product didn't work? I am sure you wouldn't be happy. Give them a chankce. One thing I have learned over the years is that Corally is one of the best manufactures at listening to their customers needs.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:39 PM   #4724
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Jeff, when using the new lowered shock tower are your camber link (roll center) locations in the same spot as the original shock tower? I heard people drilling them and dropping the old shock tower, but then I was thinking that would change the roll center dramatically. Any info on this would be great! Thanks!
The camber locations on the new lowerd tower are in the same location as the stock towers. People that were modifying the stock tower had to lower it by cutting material from the bottom of the tower in effect lowering everything of the tower. The new tower however has material removed from inbetween the camber links and the shock mouting positions so the camber locations remain the same!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:47 PM   #4725
Tech Fanatic

Man I need a lowered (not modified) shock tower to get this thing together along with a couple items here within two weeks.
Thanks Koabich!