R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #4561
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
The new packaging is like 100x hotter than it was before. That catalog was beautiful too.
Quick get it on ebay!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-3...QQcmdZViewItem
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #4562
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs down

You aren't serious, are you? Selling an Xbox BOX on eBay with a $20 shipping price tag, then advertising it in an RDX thread? That's the Holiday spirit.

squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #4563
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
You aren't serious, are you? Selling an Xbox BOX on eBay with a $20 shipping price tag, then advertising it in an RDX thread? That's the Holiday spirit.

He is not the seller,
He wanted to share the complete degredation of our society.
Here buy my Xbox Box cause I want to see if there are any more complete moronic people out there.
-SHookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:25 AM   #4564
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Help! I need some 791084 Duraluminum arms asap. Anybody know where to find them??
Devilmanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:30 AM   #4565
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmanak
Help! I need some 791084 Duraluminum arms asap. Anybody know where to find them??
Call www.rcplus.com. Ask for Ron.

Dom
Old 12-06-2005, 01:17 PM   #4566
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed

hmmmm... Get with it, I thought it was pretty clear that I was making a complete joke of the entire situation... I'm holding out for the PS3 box anyhow Don't hate the player hate the game
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Big Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #4567
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Get with it, I thought it was pretty clear that I was making a complete joke of the entire situation...
Actually, no, not at all. There was no reference that I could see to Xbox anywhere else in the thread. The post seemed bizarre, out of place and cryptic to me.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:13 PM   #4568
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rigg
hmmmm... Get with it, I thought it was pretty clear that I was making a complete joke of the entire situation... I'm holding out for the PS3 box anyhow Don't hate the player hate the game
WORD
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #4569
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Anyway....

Back to the RDX...
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:58 PM   #4570
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Anyway....

Back to the RDX...

Were you referring to the posting or you in specific!

Doug...by the box :P
Old 12-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #4571
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

From Jeff Brown:
Quote:
Reason being that since the tower is lowered, you essentially should be running a shorter shock shaft/body. It limits travel and roll through the corner and hinders steering. He mentioned they kinda discovered this during Cleveland. Makes sense I guess. Never really thought about it until he brought it up.
I was thinking about this and am trying an experiment for this Sunday. Attached a pic of my car, and change I made to the front suspension. Not sure if it can be seen well in the pic, but I shortened my front shock BODIES by about 7 mm. I also cut a bit over half the threaded part off the end. Now with the chassis pushed down flat on the ground, I can still raise the wheel over 6mm up off the ground!!! With a lowered front shock tower. (hand drilled stock one) With stock shocks and an un-cut shock shaft, you will be lucky to raise the wheel at all doing the same test. When the chassis bottoms out on the ground, the shock is basically bottomed out on its travel too.

I'm also thinking about making some plates for the front A arms, along the lines of the POOKYT brackets for the JRXS. Idea being to move the bottom shock mounting position out farther, and try to mount the shock on the BACK of the bracket, above the arm, and on the BACK side of the shock tower. On advantage should be being able to use maximum travel on the wheel without hitting the shock or spring cup.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Corally RDX Touring Car-imag0148_edited.jpg  

Last edited by Stealth_RT; 12-06-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:31 PM   #4572
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
From Jeff Brown:

I was thinking about this and am trying an experiment for this Sunday. Attached a pic of my car, and change I made to the front suspension. Not sure if it can be seen well in the pic, but I shortened my front shock BODIES by about 7 mm. I also cut a bit over half the threaded part off the end. Now with the chassis pushed down flat on the ground, I can still raise the wheel over 6mm up off the ground!!! With a lowered front shock tower. (hand drilled stock one) With stock shocks and an un-cut shock shaft, you will be lucky to raise the wheel at all doing the same test. When the chassis bottoms out on the ground, the shock is basically bottomed out on its travel too.
Hey, can you send me a pair of those shock bodies? haha. awesome. Let me know what you feel this weekend.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #4573
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If I had an extra set of shock bodies, I would. They better work, or I'm out a pair of shocks! lol. At first I was scared that I cut the first one too short. But after finishing the second one and putting them on the car, I'm satisfied with the fit so far. If they work out like I hope, I'm sure we can work out some kind of deal to get you a set of bodies too

With these bodies, I don't think it's necessary to cut the threaded part of the shaft any shorter. I had to NOT use my cut down ball ends on the shocks, and use a full size set to get enough down travel for my droop.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #4574
Tech Elite

Took some quick pix tonight of the finished car set up for my first weekend of foam/19T. I figure if I'm gonna get my ass kicked every weekend, it may as well be by the best racers in the area.

Actually, I just hate stock motors. I went oldschool on the T-discs on the wheels, too. Just for show, 'cause I hit too many things to keep those on for longer than 3 laps.

Last edited by squarehead; 11-29-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:52 PM   #4575
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The inside diameter of GQ foams is smaller than Jaco by about 1-1.5mm. Oddly enough, this seems to be a large enough difference to cause binding when applying power with the wheels turned, and only on the track with weight transfered to the front corner of the car. This only seems to happen when I run brushless, which has significantly more torque.

I realize putting orange wheels on an RDX is like some kind of bad joke in the eyes of most people, but I really like the way they look, and the way they wear (doing a lot of practicing with the brushless). The binding was a real pain to figure out since it was so inconsistent, and happened at such odd times. So, something to keep in mind I guess. I'm curious if anybody else has experienced this.

It's been said before, but I have to reiterate my love for the new bumper you guys released. I don't hit as much as I used to, thanks to more practice, but when I do, I don't really give it much thought anymore. Hard collisions now just bend the screws holding the bumper in. No broken arms or bumper plates or shock towers. Rejoice!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote