R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-03-2005, 02:46 AM   #4531
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

That said, while I've broken a variety parts, the diff screw problem has never affected me. Good to be safe I suppose.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:15 AM   #4532
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

i thought id mention that the lowered shock towers are very slick! instead of chopping off the bottom, the material is removed in the middle, so the camber link holes are still in the same place as the reg ones...

plus, looks like the outside area is a little thicker, to prevent breakage when running extremely short links. it loses the inner most set of holes, but i have never seen anyone use those on carpet.

and the knuckle bushings are equally nice... feels as smooth as the bearings, but no slack.

thats one of the things i like the most about this company... listens, and reacts, instead of bringing out a new car. pretty much every concern i have seen mentioned has been addressed...

now how about some shock spring perches that allow lower ride heights?

Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:19 AM   #4533
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium
i thought id mention that the lowered shock towers are very slick! instead of chopping off the bottom, the material is removed in the middle, so the camber link holes are still in the same place as the reg ones...

plus, looks like the outside area is a little thicker, to prevent breakage when running extremely short links. it loses the inner most set of holes, but i have never seen anyone use those on carpet.

and the knuckle bushings are equally nice... feels as smooth as the bearings, but no slack.

thats one of the things i like the most about this company... listens, and reacts, instead of bringing out a new car. pretty much every concern i have seen mentioned has been addressed...

now how about some shock spring perches that allow lower ride heights?

Wes
Five bucks says...this is probably in the works right now...LOL
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #4534
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

And some new bulkheads that let you take the diffs out from the top! :-D
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:41 AM   #4535
Tech Elite

yea, ive got some Brand X perches on the carpet car, and it works well, but they do slide off rather easy. i just like to keep it all Corally!
the rubber tire car works just fine, which is all i get to run 95% of the year anyway. hopefully, we can get some carpet here soon, without the 3+hour drive.

the diff access is not a biggie to me, really... i only take em out maybe once a month.

Wes

Team Novak
Old 12-03-2005, 11:58 AM   #4536
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Wes, AE cups work great at lowering the spring and don't slip off. You gonna come pit with the rest of the team at the Novak?
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #4537
Tech Elite

thanks Brian! ill try some of those as well. i think i have a box of AE stuff collecting dust somewhere...

at the Novak, i think we have an Oklahoma tabel reserved for us.... Scotty sez we are "Special".... prolly like, short-bus special! i thinkits usually the last table before the offroad room.

i signed up for the Brushless 4300, and Mini classes... need to work on my foam skillz as much as i can by then!

Team Novak
Old 12-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #4538
Tech Regular

hey just want to know if its true that whit Foam tire you need a litle less droop than rubber tires??? whit rubber i was running 2mm ( front and rear) and whit foam some people suggest me running 1.5mm ????

What guys think about droop between foam and rubber!!

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #4539
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Generally I run a little less on foams. Keeps the car flatter, and the car doesnt jack weight around so much. It feels more stable.

-Korey
Old 12-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #4540
Tech Regular

k thanks Sushi!! ill try that hehe!! i run stock(rubber) for a while and i think im ready to try 19t hehe!! so i will try litle less droop! and also last question:

What you running more parralel link or angled link??? i check some setup from Mrs.Tossolini and he like running the parralel one? what about you?

Later!
Old 12-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #4541
Tech Champion

Usually depends on the conditions. A more angled link (outside is higher than the inside) tends to have less initial grip, but more in the middle and exit of the turn. The flatter link kinda gives a stiffer feel and makes the car have more initial grip then it starts to go away in the middle and exit.

For rubber my droop is usually set between 1-2mm of uptravel, usually a tad less in the front. It helps the car get a little more on power steering.

My link setup is generally the 2nd hole in on the top row for the front. For the rear I tend to run the link a little bit angled, so I run the 2nd hole in on the bottom row on the tower, and the middle position on the rear hub. I'f I'm looking for a little more rotation in the middle of the corner I try the outer position on the rear hub, or I move to the upper row on the shock tower.

Hope this helps a bit.

-Korey
Old 12-03-2005, 10:15 PM   #4542
Tech Regular

thanks Sushi!! really apreciate your time!!

Later!!
Old 12-03-2005, 10:32 PM   #4543
Tech Champion

No prob, thats why I'm here.

-Korey
Old 12-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #4544
Tech Regular

no body post so! i will write a post again hehe!! this time is about Suspension Arm!

Some people say that the X-hard is easily to brake than the Hard one is that rigth??

Later!
Old 12-04-2005, 12:34 PM   #4545
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Yes, the X-hard arms are stiffer and that makes them also more brittle than the softer arms. I have broken 2 of each so far (long story), so I don't know if one is better for you than the other for lack of breakage. Personally, I'd rather have the X-hard arms and let the shocks do their job.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote