Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Corally USA guys, do you have any front bulkheads in stock yet? I'm starting to miss racing. :-(
Old 11-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone may have come up with a guard or something to protect the motor endbell in side impacts? Every so often, you get hit and you wind up with a few tweaks in your motor endbell, which can't be too good for motor performance. Anyone devised something out of graphite, Lexan or Kydex that may protect the motor a bit more?

doug
Old 11-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Xray sells a graphite one that you can probably mount on the RDX.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Has any one got a simple carpet set-up i could have..ive got my first carpet race on sunday and want the car to feel ok doesnt have to be an awsome set-up jsut something i can get used to then change...then can you tell me what i would have to do to make it more agressive smooth etc. I'll ask when i get to that point
Old 11-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone may have come up with a guard or something to protect the motor endbell in side impacts? Every so often, you get hit and you wind up with a few tweaks in your motor endbell, which can't be too good for motor performance. Anyone devised something out of graphite, Lexan or Kydex that may protect the motor a bit more?

The chassis you find in the hobby shops now have two holles near the motor, there is a alu motor guard and you can put a fan on it for cooling your motor..I don't know when the guard and fan wil be production ready.. I wil see if I can make a photo of my car.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
Has any one got a simple carpet set-up i could have..ive got my first carpet race on sunday and want the car to feel ok doesnt have to be an awsome set-up jsut something i can get used to then change...then can you tell me what i would have to do to make it more agressive smooth etc. I'll ask when i get to that point

run the rob michaels setup from the novak race you can get it from corallyusa.com its a very good setup and you can go from there
Old 11-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

edit until truth is spoken

Last edited by Roger; 11-29-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roger
Has anybody found out about a completely new re-designed RDX touring car coming out. I heard from various sources ( NorCal and SoCal ) that a new car is in the making. Supposely, it suppose to be coming out very soon ( 3 months tentative ). No, im not getting mixed up with the new XRAY FK06 car either.
No, there isn't.

Jeff
Old 11-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hey Corally USA guys, do you have any front bulkheads in stock yet? I'm starting to miss racing. :-(
I believe they arrived while we were gone. I return to work tomorrow.

Jeff
Old 11-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
Has anybody found out about a completely new re-designed RDX touring car coming out. I heard from various sources ( NorCal and SoCal ) that a new car is in the making. Supposely, it suppose to be coming out very soon ( 3 months tentative ). No, im not getting mixed up with the new XRAY FK06 car either.
Nice Roger ...No Soup for U!!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Nice Roger ...No Soup for U!!
hahahha. Stop following me. Get to the back of the line. Oh, and NO SOUP FOR YOU !
Old 11-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Congrats to Jeff Cuffs for the TQ and Jeff Dayger for the win! Dayger had the best victory dance i've ever seen i think at an R/C race. He crossed the line for the win and immediately stopped. Raised his hands in victory and stepped off the drivers stand and THREW his 3PK radio!

Luckily it did a flip in the air and Jim Herrman stepped off the stand at the right moment and caught it for him. Otherwise it would have been in pieces. Good to see the excitement. A win this year has evaded Dayger a lot in TC and 12th.

Jeff
Old 11-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks Jeff, I'll give you guys a ring tomorrow sometime.

I sort of like this thing Corally is doing. Rather than releasing a new car (with all new quirks) they're refining the one they have, and updating their kits as they go along. Inevitably, they'll release a new car, but the dedication they've shown to this one is impressive.

I'm finally starting to understand the RDX's quirks, the last thing I want to do is start over. :-D

Congratulations to all the Corally guys for their success in Cleveland. I still think winning in the classes a majority of racers participate in (stock and 19T) is vastly more interesting than what the lifers do in mod. :-)
Old 11-29-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

good point, Syndrome... i do like the small updates, as opposed to a totally new car.

congrats to Jeff D.! i met him in Vegas... total class act!

congrats as well to all of team Corally!!! next stop, Novak for me...

Wes
Old 11-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm glad I didn't go with the FK05 route at the end of last winter. Or I would be pretty pissed right now knowing a new FK06 is coming out very soon... less than a year since the FK05 came out. Plus, I just like how Corally USA does these different version kits so racers can obtain the kit that they need instead of ending up with parts/chassis they don't need.

Dom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.