Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you need more steering, lay the front shocks all the way down and lay the rear shocks down to the 2nd hole from the bottom. We did this last night on the carpet, and the car turned like a mo-fo !!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default Diffs! Aghhhh!

Anyone had any problems with the the one peice white diffs?

Im having to rebuild mine every week! Its getting abit of a nightmare.I have the ceramic thrust and ceramic diff balls, but still i just seem to spend all my time rebuilding diffs!

Has anyone had this problem? how did you solve it? And is there a company which makes some diff covers? Mite help

TIA

Andy
Old 11-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roger
Jav: Yeah, Aaron is very supportive and kewl. He cares about alot of people and he only wants the best for all racers alike. We need more racers like him at the track setting good examples to younger and older generations.
ONLY IF SOMEONE WOULD TEACH HIM ITS NOT COOL TO STOP WAIT AND TRY TO TAKE OUT ANOTHER CORALLY AND MAKE IT SO HE DOESNT WIN THAT MAIN ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SUPPUSEDLY ONE OF HIS BUIDDIES
Old 11-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew_Carter
Anyone had any problems with the the one peice white diffs?

Im having to rebuild mine every week! Its getting abit of a nightmare.I have the ceramic thrust and ceramic diff balls, but still i just seem to spend all my time rebuilding diffs!

Has anyone had this problem? how did you solve it? And is there a company which makes some diff covers? Mite help

TIA

Andy
Wow...that's interesting. My diffs are just the opposite. I went three months without rebuilding my diff and that was before I bought the ceramics balls. Is your diff gritty or what?
Old 11-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
ONLY IF SOMEONE WOULD TEACH HIM ITS NOT COOL TO STOP WAIT AND TRY TO TAKE OUT ANOTHER CORALLY AND MAKE IT SO HE DOESNT WIN THAT MAIN ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SUPPUSEDLY ONE OF HIS BUIDDIES
Dude ...he hit the inside corner and bounced into him ...damn you make me want to drive an Xray
Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
Jason: I only observe what I see and experience at the track. Im not sponsored or anything, so any kinda support from any team corally driver is definately alot of help for me when I am racing at the track. I didn't approach Aaron at the track for help. He approached me as any respectable sponsored driver should be doing for the product they are supporting.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Dear Corally USA,

When racing my RDX, tapping a board, even lightly made the sound of a breaking arm. Sometimes I would hear that sound just driving close to the boards, I think because the arms were scared.

And then I equipped my RDX with your new Kydex bumper that I wasn't good enough with a dremel to make on my own. Now, when I tap the boards, I hear angels sing. That's right, angels... singing... with harps and everything. No broken arms, just angelic glory.

May each and every one of you be blessed with one thousand virgins.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Ok.........need some from my corally brothers. I have snaped 3 diff screws. 2 snaped at the small diff half and one at the head of the nut. All of these were new diff screws. I can run 6 heats or 2 and break a diff screw. I tried the 6 washer thing. any ideas? I run foam tires do cars running rubber tires have the same issue?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gotyournumber
Ok.........need some from my corally brothers. I have snaped 3 diff screws. 2 snaped at the small diff half and one at the head of the nut. All of these were new diff screws. I can run 6 heats or 2 and break a diff screw. I tried the 6 washer thing. any ideas? I run foam tires do cars running rubber tires have the same issue?
You are over tightening your diff,
First thing to check is your C Clip in the long diff half. If it is bent at all or not completely seated in the channel, it can let your diff get loose then you of course tighten it not realizing that it is not the diff screw that is loose but something else...I too went through 3 broken diff screws until I talked with other RDX drivers...Yea they know who they are...LOL...
Check that clip and get a new one if you even think it is bent even a little....
Oh before you ask..it is only inside the complete diff rebuild or the complete diff, when purchasing.
Always check the new diff clips as well. I had one with the clip almost popping out.
Ok I am done...LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 11-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Wow...that's interesting. My diffs are just the opposite. I went three months without rebuilding my diff and that was before I bought the ceramics balls. Is your diff gritty or what?
I have the same problem, my diffs get gritty only after a couple of runs.
I'm still just running the stock steel balls. Dom has this problem too and he is running carbide balls. So I don't know how you guys are going months without rebuilding. After my 3rd race day with a diff.... rebuild time!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Are you using the kit diff grease or something else?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

yep, just the corally diff grease that came with the kit. nothing else.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At our track in BFE we have three corallys running on a small ozite carpet track (36 x 45 maybe). All three cars are incredibly fast and we all have roughly the same set-ups, but it seems that we can't get the rear-end to tighten up and we have too much steering. We run essentially the Jeff Cuffs set-up on Jaco double pinks. One has tried running the front sway bar and actually looked more loose!?!? I have moved my shock mounts in and out with little to no effect. Most effective was running the 24lb spring on rear. Would lighter springs all around help? any pointers on getting less steering and less rear-end slide?

On the diff side of things, no broken screws yet, but had to rebuild my front diff after 3 nights of racing. It was full of foam and carpet fragments. Rear is still very smooth though. I run mine just tight enough not to slip, as do the other corally drivers at our track... Perhaps that's why we're all loose, Huh?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Hmm...that's strange. I'm not doing anything special when I build my diffs either. I run primarily on dirty asphalt too. Do you also remove and relube the thrust bearing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.