R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2005, 09:03 PM   #4036

Where is a good place (on line shop) to get this car?
xrcbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:34 PM   #4037
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

www.stormerhobbies.com

I'm yet to find anywhere cheeper. All prices in US
~AR~ Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:36 PM   #4038
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

www.kthobbies.com

Best prices of anyone yet...
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 12:52 AM   #4039
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Hey Dom, I PM'd you some ??
Got it buddy and you got a reply back.

Dom
Old 11-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #4040
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, after deciding to no longer fight with my JRXS on high traction carpet with foam tires in Mod, I've decided to get an RDX. Everyone I see switching to one always go faster, and the car looks easy to drive. A few questions though, for running Mod on foams.

Any reason to run 75 arms instead of the Xtra hard arms? I'd think the stiffer the arms, the better.

Also, what's the deal with lowering the shock towers? How/where do you drill new holes? Also, I heard about new 'lowering blocks', that might make drilling not necessary? Can anyone clarify that?

Can't wait to get the car and try it out!
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:30 PM   #4041
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The 75 arms are the extra hard ones. Lowering the tower alllows the body to be slammed. Hopefully there will be towers out soon already drilled. Make the new hole so the top camber hole lines up with the bottom row. I think it is 3mm.The only lower blocks are sold as a option for roll centers, if that is what you are talking about. You can not drill them to make them lower.

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #4042
Tech Addict

hello all i just finished with my carpet spec and it seems to be alot of play in the hinge pins. I put the car together as the instructions said just wondering should i shim them or what? The play is in the arms and the hubs
miamifanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #4043
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifanatic
hello all i just finished with my carpet spec and it seems to be alot of play in the hinge pins. I put the car together as the instructions said just wondering should i shim them or what? The play is in the arms and the hubs

One super thin brass motor shim should do the trick. Thats how my car is set-up. As you probably know-if it binds up the arm at all with the shim-find a thinner one or go without.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #4044
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Also, don't forget to use the set screws in the bottoms of the hubs. It really helps take a lot of the looseness out of the suspension when you use the set screws to hold the hinge pins tight.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #4045
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys. I was at my local carpet track yesterday and clicked off some goodtimes using a 19T motor. My car is new and the one thing I noticed was a particular noise coming from the drivetrain. Its sounded like the belt was skipping when I got back on throttle after a turn. I went to tightned down the belt tensioner and it stil had the clicking noise. Has anybody experienced this ?

BTW: this car is freakin DIALED !!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #4046
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

H8R POWER! LOL

Faster than your old car? More stable? Easier to drive? More overall grip? Where do you think the car is better than your old car? Inquiring minds want to know....

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #4047
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

belt skipping?? make sure your diffs arent slipping.. or the front wheels rubbing the front lower spring perches..
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #4048
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
H8R POWER! LOL

Faster than your old car? More stable? Easier to drive? More overall grip? Where do you think the car is better than your old car? Inquiring minds want to know....
Considering that the fastest lap time I pulled on my FK05 was a 13.0 using 19T and foams, I dipped into the 12's on my 5th battery pack within 4 hours of testing with my RDX. I probably had more than x > 15 hours of practice with my FK05 on the same track configuration and still only managed to clock in low 13's.

More stable: yes. The RDX tranisitions quicker going through the chicane at the track. The corner speed is a little quicker than my previous car. Advil, remember we talked about throttling through an apex and keeping its line ??? This car will enable you to do that when you prepare to enter any kind of corner before you hit the apex !! Alot of it has to do with set-up also.

Easier to drive: It feels the same as my FK05. The major difference is acceleration and entering / exiting corners.

Overall grip: With more ajustability on the RDX, this car has more grip than my FK05. On my FK05, there are only 4 areas of adjustments ( 2 on the shock towers to adjust rollcenter ONLY and 2 on the rear hub carriers ). On my RDX, there is a total 12 adjustments ( 4 camber / 4 rollcenter ajustments on the shocktower and 4 on the rear hub carrier ).

Rightnow, im having this "clicking" issue with my car. I posted the thread above if anybody can help me. Even though my front belt is fairly new, im thinking about changing the belt to a newer one to see if the noise goes away.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #4049
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK
belt skipping?? make sure your diffs arent slipping.. or the front wheels rubbing the front lower spring perches..
Thanks. I'l check those out.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:35 PM   #4050
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Thanks. I'l check those out.
Hey man ...hit me with your setup you h8r
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote