R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #3961
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fervidsea
Is the RDX a user friendly car? Setup? Maintence? DURABILITY is the main concern. I cant drive to save my own life. The only TC I have owned is a XXX-S when it first came out and shortly after sold everything. Looking at starting up again. Thanks.
I think you'll like the RDX. It's one of the easiest cars to drive on the market. Durability is very good however I would invest in the pDub bumper for it. It really helps...trust me. Maintenance isn't the easiest but it's not too bad. It's bulkheads aren't designed for easy access, but you'll be surprised at how quickly to can get your diffs out once you've done it a time or two. The cool thing about the RDX is you don't need to rebuild your diffs very often. I went three months before I rebuilt. It was still pretty smooth but I did it anyway.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #3962
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I think you'll like the RDX. It's one of the easiest cars to drive on the market. Durability is very good however I would invest in the pDub bumper for it. It really helps...trust me. Maintenance isn't the easiest but it's not too bad. It's bulkheads aren't designed for easy access, but you'll be surprised at how quickly to can get your diffs out once you've done it a time or two. The cool thing about the RDX is you don't need to rebuild your diffs very often. I went three months before I rebuilt. It was still pretty smooth but I did it anyway.
I agree, and actually replacing the diff is *the exact steps* I had to do in replacing them on my Xray.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:00 PM   #3963
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I agree, and actually replacing the diff is *the exact steps* I had to do in replacing them on my Xray.
Same here...I just remove the right side bulkhead on either car. Takes about two minutes to unscrew the shock tower and right side bottom and top bulkhead screws
Old 10-27-2005, 06:05 PM   #3964
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I wonder where they get their design cues. If you want to see where Xray got their original prototype just check out the Corally C4.

Jeff
Old 10-27-2005, 06:12 PM   #3965
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
I wonder where they get their design cues. If you want to see where Xray got their original prototype just check out the Corally C4.

Jeff
Ut Oh...here we go
Old 10-27-2005, 06:45 PM   #3966
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Same here...I just remove the right side bulkhead on either car. Takes about two minutes to unscrew the shock tower and right side bottom and top bulkhead screws
Yeah-its funny-what first caused a low moan at the thought becomes routine work on the car. It doesnt phase me a bit to take the RDX apart anymore. Stil a bit too time consuming, but no longer dreaded.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:04 PM   #3967
Tech Master

Quote:
Ut Oh...here we go
If you require images let me know........ haha.

Jeff
Old 10-27-2005, 07:08 PM   #3968
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

i would like to see images

thanks jeff wow they are very similar

Last edited by wallstreet; 10-27-2005 at 08:05 PM.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #3969
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the info.
Fervidsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:30 PM   #3970
Tech Regular

yeah, xray found something and ran, imagine that???
burm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:09 PM   #3971
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default Diff height

I have followed this thread from the beginning and one topic I do not remember being discussed is what does raising or lowering the diffs do?
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:13 AM   #3972
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

I know I will catch poo for this but I use Xray body mounts and Yokomo Adustable body nuts...Trinity also makes a knockoff of them...
Here is a link.
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=368&id=1250
They are very helpfull when you are trying to get the exact height you are looking for.
Plus the COrally ones are not as easy to get the body off or on for that matter....
I like the design but maybe I am set in my ways..LOL
But I will say one thing...
Thank You for making the new rear grafite body mount.
-SHookie <><
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoizip
quick question,

do you guys change your body post to the regular one? IE: post with pre-drilled holes?

the set that came with the kit are sooo un-user friendly..

Thanks,

~Ming
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:22 AM   #3973
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
I have followed this thread from the beginning and one topic I do not remember being discussed is what does raising or lowering the diffs do?
Well, I raised my front diff at the Nats and it took away steering. It was easier to drive though. Essentially whatever diff you raise you would take traction away it seems.

Jeff
Old 10-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #3974
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I started building the car last night. Mostly complete. I have a couple of questions.

Is there an easy way to adjust the position of the inner pin mounts? It seems like a chore to get to the screw when the head is between the bulkheads.

Does the main lay shaft align itself when you tighten it from both sides? If not, it seems like a place for lots of drag.

The most recent car I built was the 415. I was amazed at how well that car went together. However, after building the RDX, Tamiya has nothing on Corally for parts fit and finish. I am working hard on the car to get it to the track for Saturday's practice sessions. I can't wait to drive this car.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:01 AM   #3975
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli
I started building the car last night. Mostly complete. I have a couple of questions.

Is there an easy way to adjust the position of the inner pin mounts? It seems like a chore to get to the screw when the head is between the bulkheads.

Does the main lay shaft align itself when you tighten it from both sides? If not, it seems like a place for lots of drag.

The most recent car I built was the 415. I was amazed at how well that car went together. However, after building the RDX, Tamiya has nothing on Corally for parts fit and finish. I am working hard on the car to get it to the track for Saturday's practice sessions. I can't wait to drive this car.
i use a 2mm ball end driver to reach the inside roll center adjustments... oh yeah, i also swapped the screws for hex heads... much easier to change roll centers that way.

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote