R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-17-2005, 09:25 PM   #3751
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
Yes. It starts at 26 lbs and goes up 6-different spring rates.
Thanks Ray. The car should be here Friday and I want to hit the carpet Sunday with all I need.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:27 PM   #3752
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli
Thanks Ray. The car should be here Friday and I want to hit the carpet Sunday with all I need.
For whatever its worth I keep switching from 24 to 26 in back and 30 and 33 in frnt. The 24's came in the kit. I havent gone any higher than the 33/26 combo yet.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:18 PM   #3753
Tech Elite

Quote:
For whatever its worth I keep switching from 24 to 26 in back and 30 and 33 in frnt. The 24's came in the kit. I havent gone any higher than the 33/26 combo yet.

Thanks for the info.

I noticed that on many of the carpet/foam setup sheets the short arms are used. What are the long arms used for?
Old 10-17-2005, 11:19 PM   #3754
Tech Elite

Is there an 'out of the box' setup sheet in the box? I dont see one on the website for the carpet spec.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:42 AM   #3755
Tech Regular

Help with droop setup

What do you run ? tarmac/rubber carpet/rubber ?

How do you measure it .... I have seen all sorts of numbers..

I assume from the bottom of the chassis up ?

If you know could you clarify

Thanks
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Team Corally RDX Touring Car-droop.jpg  
Andyg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:48 AM   #3756
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I posted this in the other corally thread (under the manuf group) and have gotten no answer, so I'll try here ---

I'm a recent RDX convert ...have a question, I bought a kit from my LHS last weekend, and got a second one which was recvd last Thursday at my LHS, the chassis seem "different":

Her's some pics of the kit I got Thursday vs. the one I got last week, (the one with the arrows is the newest one), see how the weights are a little father back, and there's a "weird slot" next to the battery and the battery bar is farther away from the top deck:

Doesn't seem to be a major issue, other than the newer one is hella easier to take the batteries out, I'm just wondering what the diff is? And what that weird little slot next to the batteries are.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #3757
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default rdx

hi the one that has the battery brace close to the chassis is the first production before the 3600/3800ni-mh battery where out and the second one is the updated version so u can put the newer cells !
Pete68
Old 10-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #3758
Tech Initiate

@Harshguy

With both chassis it is possible to run the bigger cells (3800's, 3700's). The Battery Straps of both chassis are the same. The really old chassis did not have RDX in it. The lower picture shows only the latest changes. Battery Strap has moved a few mm's to the outside of the car. The "weird slot" close to the batteries and countersunk hole of the Battery Strap Post are meant to make it easier to Dremel a bigger hole for taping your cells. There are drivers that only want to tape their batteries, instead of using a Battery Strap.
RDX_Charade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #3759
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Hey guys,

This is a weird one!! The Gates traction has been through the roof lately-that means sticky nasty tire foam flying to the belts of my car. Let say my belts are clogged and my pulleys filled and gooey. I can clean my pulleys , etc with only a little hardship.

But how do I clean the belt without affecting it in an bad way? Ive used a little wd40-but my belts are still sticky after wiping. Anyone know a safe trick?

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #3760
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Ray-Maybe some rubbing alcohol
Old 10-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #3761
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Ray, Simple Green is a great cleaner for rubber. Works great on tires, too, as a cleaner/conditioner.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:47 PM   #3762
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

BTW, Ray and others, after some serious inspection of my broken front end parts, the lightbulb went on as to the problem with my parts breakage. The CVD on the right is definitely colliding with the interior of the diff, however, it isn't what I thought it was. It is smacking into the diff screw head. Using 6 cone washers in the thrust assembly in the diff, the screw will stick out about .030" further than normal. In a direct lateral impact, like I have been having, the CVD slams against the screw head, and explodes everything soft on the axle.

I shimmed the lower blocks out 1mm on each side, and it looks like all of the clearance issues have been taken care of. I think this should fix all of the breakage problems, regardless of the bumper being used.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #3763
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey guys,

This is a weird one!! The Gates traction has been through the roof lately-that means sticky nasty tire foam flying to the belts of my car. Let say my belts are clogged and my pulleys filled and gooey. I can clean my pulleys , etc with only a little hardship.

But how do I clean the belt without affecting it in an bad way? Ive used a little wd40-but my belts are still sticky after wiping. Anyone know a safe trick?

Ray
Ray - Try a product called "Blow Off" Rubber Rejuvenator. You could spray onto a tooth brush and directly clean the belts. This stuff works great!

http://www.computercleanusa.com/prod...t_id=RUBBERREJ
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:09 PM   #3764
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I posted this in the other corally thread (under the manuf group) and have gotten no answer, so I'll try here ---

I'm a recent RDX convert ...have a question, I bought a kit from my LHS last weekend, and got a second one which was recvd last Thursday at my LHS, the chassis seem "different":

Her's some pics of the kit I got Thursday vs. the one I got last week, (the one with the arrows is the newest one), see how the weights are a little father back, and there's a "weird slot" next to the battery and the battery bar is farther away from the top deck:

Doesn't seem to be a major issue, other than the newer one is hella easier to take the batteries out, I'm just wondering what the diff is? And what that weird little slot next to the batteries are.

The newer car as the latest chassis revision which I just found out about yesterday. The slots are so you can open it up and tape batteries in like someone mentioned. If you notice there is a slot in front of the 6 cells as well. Only thing is once you cut the rear slot you cannot go back to the strap.

You will also notice that slots have been removed under the motor and there are 2 holes drilled now too. That is for later use.

Jeff
Old 10-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #3765
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

whats the later use
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote