R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-02-2005, 03:57 PM   #3571
Tech Regular

Today its was the3rd Race at my local rc club!!

i was pole postion in stock and i finish 1st!! the car was dialed i think i found the set-up for rubber! and thats it have to work on motor a litlte bit because people was fast on the straigth but in the infield i was fast!! anyways it was pretty close battle in the top 3 and i enjoyed it!

rdx was great today!! hehe!!

if someone want a set-up for stock rubber on smooth medium grip track! i have a good starting point!

Later!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #3572
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Well, yesterday was my mainden voyage with the new RDX. Coming from a 12th scale car (and having not had driven a TC in over 2 years), it took a bit of adjusting, but after a couple of packs, and some very minor tweaks, the car was absolutely perfect to drive.

We run a very high traction CRC Ozite, where more than a few have experienced traction rolling, so I compensated in my build with an educated gamble on the shock oil at 70F/50R and it worked flawlessly with spec TakeOff cs27s. Combined with a 24/19 spring selection, the car was an absolute dream to drive. I couldn't have asked for a smoother car.

The front CVDs are way too flimsy for my sorry driving abilities, though. They will be the first parts replaced this week. I'm also not too sure I like the ultra stiff A-arms... too breakie.

I'd definitely grade this car an A, right out of the box. Driver gets a C, after qualifying 9th in the B-main out of about 28 cars in stock class, though I did come back to finish 3rd, with a chance to win it in the closing laps.

doug
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:39 AM   #3573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm19turn
hey guys iam very impressed with the rdx i just got one recently and i have to say its awesome not only did i run the most laps that i ever had in 19turn so far but also the fastest and more consistant laps.so ya might be seeing my xray fk05 up for sale becuase it hasn't given results like the rdx has and i have alot of that to thank to brandon melton for his setup help he really knows his stuff
Good to here the car's working out for you. You're going to FLA this week right? If you need any help or have any Q's just find me down there.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #3574
Tech Regular

i like to run whit stiffer spring more response!! the track has a lot of grip and stiff spring are the way to go in those situation( i think heh )
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:07 PM   #3575
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I got to run my RDX today for a practice pack before I went to work. And the car was dial and I don't even have the right foams on or a tried and true set-up on it yet. In fact I was running on a track that we normally run micro's on and was able to get it around the 4 foot wide lanes and tight 180 turns with out a problem. Can't wait to get it on a large track with a real set-up on it. Best R/C purchase since my 1/8 buggy!
beidle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #3576
Tech Apprentice

any suggestions for me?? what kind of base gear ratio do you think i should run on a track that is 50x100 ft.? I'm lookin for a starting point. im running 64p gears. And a stock handout motor that i believe is monster based.
Eddog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:27 PM   #3577
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

I ran 104/28 yesterday with a Putnam Monster (blue/green Putnam brushes), and it was a tick soft on top speed in the main (but in no way slow). It came off the track at about 135-140F, so I will be going up one tooth, at least, the next time out. Your results may vary.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #3578
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mo check your Hobbytalk PM's

Thanks,
Jim
Old 10-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #3579
Tech Apprentice

is there any prep. work that i should do to the chassis before running it? like bevel the battery slots?
Eddog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:19 AM   #3580
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With any carbon fibre car you should smooth down the edges of the carbon with wet 'n' dry and sela em with super glue, file the battery slots at a 45* angle so the cells sit lower then seal them but make sure the cells do not sit so far down that they are hanging out the other side. CRC have got a few pictures on how to do this on their website

Charles
Old 10-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #3581
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddog123
.....like bevel the battery slots?
the battery slots are already pretty good...just smooth the edges and seal the sides so theres no chance of the battery shorting out...
Dhartman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:06 AM   #3582
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Dan,

Will you be gracing us with your presence at the Gate Sunday? It should be another very comptitive club race. LIke its ever not!!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:08 AM   #3583
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A special request for all RDX owners out there...

I'm in search of 2 busted shock towers. The ones you probably broke one side of the camber links holes and now useless. However, the other side of camber links holes must be in original form.

PM me if you got a couple sitting in the bottom of your box, I'm willing to pay for shipping and even a small fee for them.

Thanks!
Dom
Old 10-05-2005, 12:23 PM   #3584
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Geez, wish I'd seen that message a week ago, I busted two in that exact fashion. Hopefully I don't break any others, but I'll keep them around if I do. They're yours for the cost of shipping.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #3585
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Geez, wish I'd seen that message a week ago, I busted two in that exact fashion. Hopefully I don't break any others, but I'll keep them around if I do. They're yours for the cost of shipping.

TIA, syndr0me!!!

Anyone has 2 busted towers?

Dom