R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-30-2005, 07:52 AM   #3556
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Well, one, the first run for the car is Sunday, and two, the servo is tapped to the bottom of the servo, not underneath the servo. It isn't in the photo, as it hadn't been installed yet. You would see it between the belt and the base of the 9550, sandwiched flat to the servo base. There should be no issues with it where it is currently, but we'll find out for sure on Sunday morning.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:59 AM   #3557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Its all good I understood you....LOL...
People see a picture and you say bottom. The assumtion is underneith...LOL
The bottom being the skinny part closest to the belt...LOL
I attached my PT to the battery strap....It works great for me...LOL...
-Shookie <><
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Well, one, the first run for the car is Sunday, and two, the servo is tapped to the bottom of the servo, not underneath the servo. It isn't in the photo, as it hadn't been installed yet. You would see it between the belt and the base of the 9550, sandwiched flat to the servo base. There should be no issues with it where it is currently, but we'll find out for sure on Sunday morning.
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 04:05 PM   #3558
Company Representative

IIC RACE REPORT AND PICTURES

Hey Guys......

The website has been updated with the race report from the IIC in Las Vegas! Just a few numbers for you as the RDX fill 36% of the TC A-main positions. We also podiumed in 5 of 7 classes we had drivers entered in.

Thanks to Scotty Ernst of Trackside and his great crew for putting on an AWESOME event. See you in 2006 for sure!
CorallyUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 04:40 PM   #3559
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

any word on Ertrachter's setup ?
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:07 PM   #3560
Tech Regular

hey jeff cuffs??

when your setup will be post on the Corally USA wEbsite??
the one at vegas!!

and also it will be cool if corally usa can post the one from JASON ERTRACHTER !! Stock Rubber!!

Thank you

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #3561
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i sent over the set up to jeff brown. its pretty much the same as my snowbirds setup. except im running teh option pistons with 30 front springs and 24 rear.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:54 PM   #3562
Tech Regular

kk cool yeah i think my set-up rigth now its pretty much close to your setup from snowbird execpt im running 30 lbs and 26 lbs!! and want to know if your running the rear shock straigth up to the outside hole at Vegas??

and my last question is whit a stiff suspension your running 1,5 camber whit foam how much you will put whit rubber ?? because me i can see my tire are used just a litlte bit outside the middle! and i think whit 1 deg my tire will be used just in the middle but the problem is i never see a pro set-up sheet whit 1deg of camber hehe!!

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:59 PM   #3563
Tech Apprentice

just picked up the carpet spec. kit from LHS and man this thing is nice. Can't wait to get it finished and out to the track!!
Eddog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:05 PM   #3564
Tech Apprentice

1 question,, the bearing holders for the front outdrives on the diff are off-set the holes arent in the center like shown in the book. am i supposed to mount them hole side down ? he rear shows the offsets and says to mount them rear side down.

Last edited by Eddog123; 10-01-2005 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:25 AM   #3565
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddog123
1 question,, the bearing holders for the front outdrives on the diff are off-set the holes arent in the center like shown in the book. am i supposed to mount them hole side down ? he rear shows the offsets and says to mount them rear side down.
That's right! For both front and rear the hole have to be side down. In the manual you see the one-way, that's in the center with a different kind of bearing holder for 12x18x4. With the diff and spool you use a bearingholder with an offset hole 10x15x4. Should be good if there were additional sheets for mounting a diff in the front, but it would also work if the diff is mounted in the highest position up front. But it should be better if it sits as low as possible.

Last edited by RDX_Charade; 10-01-2005 at 11:35 AM.
RDX_Charade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:30 PM   #3566
Tech Regular

thx Corally for making such a great car.

Last edited by gotyournumber; 10-01-2005 at 11:59 PM.
gotyournumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:51 AM   #3567
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yup, run them in the lower position. It will lower the Cg of your car, and it will look better too lol.

-Korey
Old 10-02-2005, 01:14 AM   #3568
Tech Apprentice

haha ,, thanks guys,, got the thing together earlyer and WOW this is much nicer then my team TC4 was Goin to try and get to track tomorrow and run it. Very impressed with the car THANKS CORALLY!!!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 08:11 AM   #3569
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

I have to say I love how the RDX feels and handles and fit and finish are fantastic. I have been driving one since July and found that it has only two problems with it. Now first let me say there is a possability that it is my own fault but here it goes.

1) When running an aggressive (punching) ESC setting the diff screw likes to back out.
2) The rear diff half that holds the nut for the diff screw is impossible to replace the nut portion of it and has to fully replaced if stripped or Worse the Diff screw snaps....Now on my third diff half since July...
These two things are very frustrating when I am in the middle of a two day race and two of them go out in one day.
Now I have a couple of suggestions
1) Make a nut that can be added to the diff half and removed as well.
2) Then offer the nut to be sold individually .
3) Offer the diff screw to be sold individually.

Just a side note
I have replaced the trust bearing C clip also as another COrally driver had suggested and the problem has not been solved.

Thanks,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #3570
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys iam very impressed with the rdx i just got one recently and i have to say its awesome not only did i run the most laps that i ever had in 19turn so far but also the fastest and more consistant laps.so ya might be seeing my xray fk05 up for sale becuase it hasn't given results like the rdx has and i have alot of that to thank to brandon melton for his setup help he really knows his stuff