R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-28-2005, 09:10 AM   #3526
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Carter
Hi guys

Wonderd if you lot could help me out.
Im on the edge of purchasing a RDX for the new season .I live in the UK so will be buying the UK spec kit.Do you get any roll bars in the kit? also will i get the white pulleys and the newer chassis to allow me to use 3700s?
What extras will i need? Currently my list is-

Black spring set
Spool and pulley
0 degree castor blocks
2 degree castor blocks
6 degree castor blocks
1,3mm roll bar Front and rear
1.9mm roll bar fron and rear

Can any of you suggest anyfing else i will need? Soory about all the questions.

All help is much appreciated!
Since you are in the UK you will obviously be on asphalt rubber tire. The 1.9mm Bars are included with the kit. The white pulleys and 3700 compatible chassis is included as well.

You seem to have a good list started for option parts, just remove the 1.9mm bars since they are included and perhaps add the 1.6mm bars. Obviously get some extra suspension arms and steering knuckles. You will also want to get extra king pin screws as this is a specialty part on the RDX.

Jeff
Old 09-28-2005, 09:34 AM   #3527
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

hey Jeff B.... good to finally meet ya face to face. i need to get another order together, mainly to restock! had a few "board meetings" myself....

and if anyone gets a copy of Cuffs' setup, id take one! he was flyin'! i think ill make the switch to foams, and get away from the rubber, on carpet anyway...

Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #3528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Jeff Cuffs...

Great finish at IIc. heard the whole thing live on the internet.. heard how there was a pile up and you made it through...

see ya soon.
Arv.
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #3529
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Andrew_Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Since you are in the UK you will obviously be on asphalt rubber tire. The 1.9mm Bars are included with the kit. The white pulleys and 3700 compatible chassis is included as well.

You seem to have a good list started for option parts, just remove the 1.9mm bars since they are included and perhaps add the 1.6mm bars. Obviously get some extra suspension arms and steering knuckles. You will also want to get extra king pin screws as this is a specialty part on the RDX.

Jeff
Yer sorry about that.You were correct Jeff i will be on rubbers on ashpalt and carpet.

I have about everything then do i? Ill get the 1.6mm bars instead then.Is it worth gettin the alloy steering knuckles? I take it you loose kingpin screws then?

Is the silver spring kit diffrent to the black one? or is it jst a diffrent colour? And also is it woth getting 2 spring sets incase i ever need to run same springs all round?

64 dp spur gear? Corally one ok? or is it abit crappy?

Thanks for the help lads.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:13 AM   #3530
Company Representative

DOUBLE WINS ON THE STRIP

Trying to get settled back into routine after spending seven days in Las Vegas! Corally definately had a successful weekend a strong presence as Corally drivers challenged for TQ in just about every class and pushed the wins in a lot as well.

In the end we walked out with Double Victories. The first coming from Jeff Cuffs' fine performance in the Stock Touring Foam class. Cuffs' was simply following Peter and the door swung open through the infield as Peter went a little wide. Cuffs' jumped on the opening and it was bold but paid off. He never looked back and held onto his straightaway lead till the end.

The second win coming from Jason Ertrachter in the Stock Touring Rubber class. Jason also was able to TQ this class setting him up for the domination of the A-main final!

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH DRIVERS ON THEIR WINS AT THE 1ST ANNUAL IIC FROM LAS VEGAS!! Report and pictures to come on www.corallyusa.com
CorallyUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #3531
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

the spur in the kit is a 48p, and those Corally spurs are great! nice and durable, quiet too, with good pinions. i generally use their 104T 64p.

the alloy steering blocks are nice, because they are more durable. they will add a tiny bit of slack in the suspension over time, tho.

the silver springs are the harder set, i think from 26-42 lbs? the blacks are 12-24, if i remember right. seems like with the forward weight bias, i hardly ever use the same springs front and rear, so 1 set each works well, usually.

i havent lost a kingpin screw yet, but they are unique to the car, so i got an extra set, just in case.

Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:20 AM   #3532
Tech Master

Quote:
Yer sorry about that.You were correct Jeff i will be on rubbers on ashpalt and carpet.

I have about everything then do i? Ill get the 1.6mm bars instead then.Is it worth gettin the alloy steering knuckles? I take it you loose kingpin screws then?

Is the silver spring kit diffrent to the black one? or is it jst a diffrent colour? And also is it woth getting 2 spring sets incase i ever need to run same springs all round?

64 dp spur gear? Corally one ok? or is it abit crappy?

Thanks for the help lads.
Well...... you can consider the alloy knuckles in the future. I think you can get more beneficial items in the beginning for the $50 they cost.

You won't loose kingpin screws if you put some loctite on them. Just always good to have spares so you are not out for the weekend if you do loose one.

Silver Spring set is for carpet racing pretty much....... 26lb and up. (foam)

Black Spring set is for asphalt........ 12lb to 24lb.

Corally gears are super nice. I run them in my car. (48 pitch)

Jeff
Old 09-28-2005, 11:23 AM   #3533
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium
hey Jeff B.... good to finally meet ya face to face. i need to get another order together, mainly to restock! had a few "board meetings" myself....

and if anyone gets a copy of Cuffs' setup, id take one! he was flyin'! i think ill make the switch to foams, and get away from the rubber, on carpet anyway...

Wes
Thanks Wes! Good to meet you too. There were a lot of people I met out there that I talked with over the phone. You, Monte, Dan Hartman, Allen Hewitt, Al Bella, Keith Billanti (Where's my springs? ) and probably more that I can't remember at the moment.

See you guys at the next one sometime.

Jeff
Old 09-28-2005, 11:24 AM   #3534
Tech Regular

Thanks for the quick replys lads!

Rite ill add a silver spring kit to my list then and some kingpin screws,Ill also pick up a corally 64dp gear while im at it.

Is that really all i need then to go out and get this car dailed into every surface and track? I had sooo much for my xray!

Looks like ill be travelling abit lighter!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #3535
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replys lads!

Rite ill add a silver spring kit to my list then and some kingpin screws,Ill also pick up a corally 64dp gear while im at it.

Is that really all i need then to go out and get this car dailed into every surface and track? I had sooo much for my xray!

Looks like ill be travelling abit lighter!
You don't need much when the car is dialed out of the box.

Jeff
Old 09-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #3536
Tech Regular

No wonder with 20w oil as kit standard!

What would you lot suggest as a good starting point shock oil wise?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:01 PM   #3537
Tech Master

Quote:
No wonder with 20w oil as kit standard!

What would you lot suggest as a good starting point shock oil wise?
Actually...... since they switched to the 1.3mm Pistons I believe they swapped to 30wt oil. Which is a good idea with the big pistons. I would probably start with 30wt or 40wt and go from there.

Jeff
Old 09-28-2005, 12:06 PM   #3538
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Keith Billanti (Where's my springs? )

Jeff

Old 09-28-2005, 12:23 PM   #3539
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just got my Carpet Spec and it looks awsome!
I was looking for some help in ordering an initial batch of spare parts that I should carry as no Hobby store for 100+ miles carries Corally . Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jason Plouffe
subman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:51 PM   #3540
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman
I just got my Carpet Spec and it looks awsome!
I was looking for some help in ordering an initial batch of spare parts that I should carry as no Hobby store for 100+ miles carries Corally . Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jason Plouffe
Well, there are some shops listed in Canada on the Dealer Page. They would probably Mail Order for you. You can purchase online as well from Stormer Hobbies, Speedtech R/C and many others.

Parts....... well, depends on the budget. Absolute must have parts are spare arms, knuckles, king pin screws, hingepin clips, bodypost plate, shocktower, plastic blades, ceramic diff balls, spare belts.

Jeff