R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-28-2005, 10:12 AM   #3196
Tech Master

I would definately drop your springs rates and move your front camber link like Brian mentioned.

I would go to 40wt front and rear. You will really notice a difference in corner speed and steering all through the corner. Also, if the track is smooth take out some ride height. Go down to 4.5 in the front and 5 in the rear.

Jeff
Old 08-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #3197
Tech Regular

yeah for the spring rates the problem is two of my friend was running different spring setup! my first friend run 30 -26 and the other run a 22-17 and me before i try a 30-26 i was running 25-20!! so 3 different spring setup on the same track hehe!! its for that im a litle bit confused!! but i will go whit my previous setup 25-20 and 40 oil all around!!

thanks a lot guys!!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:08 PM   #3198
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

'sup guys... i had a question myself. i went up to KS and ran some rubber tire/carpet yesterday, and i set the oneway car up just like Robs Novak setup. it was rotating too much, stepping out bad. took a little droop out of the rear, but no change. had much better success with the diff car, won it with that one. the only thing on the oneway that was different form Novak was the shocks, i realized later i had the kit small pistons with the 20wt oil in them. would that make the difference?

and, what affect do you think the 2-degree rear hubs would make on carpet?

just preparing vegas.... too bad the closest carpet track to me is a 4 hour drive... anyone wanna donate some old carpet for our local track!?!?!?

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:51 PM   #3199
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Wes, my rubber tire car had Rob's setup on it to a "T" and it was doing the same thing. I have a feeling it was due to a lack of traction since the carpet was real green. If the bite was more like the last big race the setup would be terrific. I am going to try the same setup with the sway bars off next weekend and then remove the oneway if that does not help.
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:18 PM   #3200
Tech Adept

Default parts availability

I am considering purchasing an rdx, probably the carpet spec. I have heard that there was a problem with parts availability.....something like feast or famine.... either there are a bunch avaliable then all of a sudden there are no spare parts to be found anywhere. Is that true? Since i can't support it locally can anyone point me to a good source online for the car? I am moving to San Diego soon, does anyone at SOCAL raceway run these cars. I will need all the pointers I can get!! LOL Thanks in advance.............
Slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:22 PM   #3201
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade
I am considering purchasing an rdx, probably the carpet spec. I have heard that there was a problem with parts availability.....something like feast or famine.... either there are a bunch avaliable then all of a sudden there are no spare parts to be found anywhere. Is that true? Since i can't support it locally can anyone point me to a good source online for the car? I am moving to San Diego soon, does anyone at SOCAL raceway run these cars. I will need all the pointers I can get!! LOL Thanks in advance.............
Honestly, LHS around me do not carry too many Corally parts. But they have been able to get almost any part within 3-5 days. You should not have a problem getting parts for these cars!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:23 PM   #3202
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade
Parts are not a problem. Your LHS needs to place orders through CorallyUSA or you can order directly from the website, www.corallyusa.com . You can also check out Speedtech R/C, Stormer Hobbies and many others. Parts are simply not a problem......

Jeff
Old 08-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #3203
Tech Adept

Default indoor asphalt

since I am going to be running mostly on an indoor asphalt track which kit should I buy......the carpet spec... the double diff or the 1-way/diff kit....thanks
Slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:24 PM   #3204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

whats the spring rating of the black springs that come on the shocks in the us carpet spec ???
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:25 PM   #3205
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
whats the spring rating of the black springs that come on the shocks in the us carpet spec ???
24 lbs.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:26 PM   #3206
Tech Elite

Thanks Ray. You comming out to IRP for the Grand Opening. Its sept 10 hurricane sponcered race on the brand new fast track 2 crc carpet
Old 08-28-2005, 08:27 PM   #3207
Tech Master

Quote:
17lb springs are standard on all car kits.

Jeff
Old 08-28-2005, 08:41 PM   #3208
Tech Elite

is it 17lbs or 24 like ray said ?
Old 08-28-2005, 08:43 PM   #3209
Tech Master

Quote:
is it 17lbs or 24 like ray said ?
Well....... unless something has changed that we don't know, they are all 17lb springs. I work at CorallyUSA.

Jeff
Old 08-28-2005, 08:58 PM   #3210
Tech Elite

Ill take your word for it then jeff and btw car is beautiful and is very fast