R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-29-2005, 08:38 AM   #2896
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

havent tried either of them myself, really.

i recently used the Tamiya 3-holers last weekend... worked well. bout the same as the 1.3s i have used...

on another note... anyone have an editable setup sheet uploaded? i need to email a few, but didnt see any...

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:42 AM   #2897
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Before I drilled my 0.9 into 1.3 Corally pistons this past weekend, I was using Tamiya white 2-holes pistons. I measured the size, and it's between a 1.05 and 1.1mm. Tamiya pistons are also thinner so you'll need to shim it correctly, and also ironic is that Tamiya hingepin .7mm shim fits perfect in diameter and thickness. Also another note is that the bevel on the edge of the Tamiya pistons are similar to Corally ones.

I haven't tried to bore out the Tamiya 3-holes to 1.3mm, probably will try that on the asphalt car. But for carpet foams, my bored out 1.3mm Corally pistons worked a lot better than Tamiya stock 2-holes.

Dom
Old 07-29-2005, 11:01 AM   #2898
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimlick
...the clown strikes again...not only is my homie bitter, now he is a know it all...

your an embarassment to the OC and whole westside, shut up!

DONT HATE , ALL YOU SO CAL HATERS KEEP RACIN AT SOCAL RACE WAY THATS ALL YOU HAVE YOU CANT GET ANY BETTER IF YOU DONT LEAVE THE NEST.
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:29 PM   #2899
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Like I said.... mainly for High Track temps. Its pretty hot down here in Florida right now. hehe.

I ran stock chassis one run, another identical car with 2.4mm chassis and didn't loose a thing but the car felt more connected.

Jeff

Jeff-

My post was to show that the 2.4 chassis had so much flex/grip that It was actually slowing the lap times down. The car felt better, natural..it had more grip, but the times didn't reflect what I was feeling.

I trust ya...You get to test in hotter temps than I do.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #2900
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme
Jeff-

My post was to show that the 2.4 chassis had so much flex/grip that It was actually slowing the lap times down. The car felt better, natural..it had more grip, but the times didn't reflect what I was feeling.

I trust ya...You get to test in hotter temps than I do.
Exactly....... I never said it was the best for all temps. If the track is below 110 deg I would DEFINATELY run a stock chassis.

I have noticed guys will thin chassis as well suffer a bit in the cool temps with the flex. I tell ya though, when it pushes 140+ no one can touch them.

Jeff
Old 07-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #2901
Company Representative

Website Updates

Alright guys........ the site was moved to a better server yesterday along with being fully updated for shopping. You should experience faster browsing as I believe we have. If you place an order and it mentions about security, everything is taken care off so click YES and continue to check out.

Any problems or questions please let us know. Thanks!
CorallyUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #2902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Exactly....... I never said it was the best for all temps. If the track is below 110 deg I would DEFINATELY run a stock chassis.

I have noticed guys will thin chassis as well suffer a bit in the cool temps with the flex. I tell ya though, when it pushes 140+ no one can touch them.

Jeff

I am just glad we are on the sme page with this... LOL I hope I don't have to race when its pushing 140! It has been close here the past few weekends High I saw the track was about 127-128.

But that is why I got the 2.4 chassis...So I could try it here and see how it worked. It worked too good....
Old 07-29-2005, 03:55 PM   #2903
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickrim
DONT HATE , ALL YOU SO CAL HATERS KEEP RACIN AT SOCAL RACE WAY THATS ALL YOU HAVE YOU CANT GET ANY BETTER IF YOU DONT LEAVE THE NEST.

Last edited by rimlick; 12-19-2006 at 07:46 PM.
rimlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:51 AM   #2904
Tech Fanatic

One more setup sheet qhestion, when it say shims under couplers on the setup sheet for the front inner piviots is it talking about shims inbetween the bulkheads and the inner piviots to widen the track?
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:24 AM   #2905
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:53 AM   #2906
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Corally had a great race yesterday. RDX's filled 5 of 10 spots in the Stock Foam A-main at the Summer Sizzler and 2 of 8 spots in the 19T A-main (all mains except stock foam A were 8 cars).

I finished 3rd in 19t after coming back from dead last after a real rough start. Thanks to Brad Johnson for a great race in the last 2 minutes, that was fun!
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:12 AM   #2907
Tech Regular

can someone send me a setup for Stock im racing on a Medium traction carpet!!! and it can be on CS-22 or CS-27 dont really care!!

Thanks You

Later!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:58 AM   #2908
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

sounds good Brian!!!

T1Raycer, i think they have Rob's setup from the last Novak race on the website, and it was for rubber tires on carpet... you might check that out. his car was veeeery good there!

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:02 PM   #2909
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

T1Raycer- My setup on the website is a good starting point as well. Both mine and Robs setups are good starting points. They are pretty similar.

-Korey
Old 07-31-2005, 06:43 PM   #2910
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Jeff:

YGPM
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote