R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-02-2005, 10:36 PM   #2311
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbous
Easier to pack and ship that way too, I imagine. You don't have parts jiggling around and you don't have to worry about another parts bag.

An FAQ section pertaining to this kit in the site would be useful. The thrust bearing is something that I could only find out by reading through all the posts here from the beginning, which is what I did. Luckily, things are plenty slow at work right now!

I just finished installing the arms on the bulkheads but I'm short two set screws. I know it seems trivial, but I actually don't have the right size set screws in my pit box, so I need to contact Corally.

I did finish sealing the chassis though, and I sealed all the CF parts, just because I like doing it. Does anyone else have the urge to seal the counter sunk screw holes? I look in them and just see all the layers just waiting to fray. I know they probably won't but I'm just curious if anyone has managed to do this without offsetting the screws too much.
I have never sealed any piece of graphite and it all holds up nicely. Which set screws? There are only 4 included for the suspension arms, 2 for the front and 2 for the rear. Anything else is optional that you have to install on your own.

Jeff
Old 06-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #2312
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
I have never sealed any piece of graphite and it all holds up nicely. Which set screws? There are only 4 included for the suspension arms, 2 for the front and 2 for the rear. Anything else is optional that you have to install on your own.

Jeff
Jeff,

I would hope that the set screws used to hold in the inner hinge pins aren't optional!
gibbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #2313
Tech Master

Quote:
Jeff,

I would hope that the set screws used to hold in the inner hinge pins aren't optional!
Like I said..... which set screws. There should only be 4 for the inner hinge pins for the flat spots on the hinge pins. There are also set screws on the hubs front and rear. If you are missing some then contact CorallyUSA and I am sure they can send some out for you.

Jeff
Old 06-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #2314
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ahh, I see it now. I didn't even notice it doesn't show another set screw going into the non-flat spotted side. I just thought symmetrical. That's my fault, I apologize.

Did you pack these kits yourself, Jeff? You seem a tiny bit on the defensive.
gibbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #2315
Tech Master

Quote:
Ahh, I see it now. I didn't even notice it doesn't show another set screw going into the non-flat spotted side. I just thought symmetrical. That's my fault, I apologize.

Did you pack these kits yourself, Jeff? You seem a tiny bit on the defensive.
LOL...... nah i didn't pack them. I just want to make sure the customer, IE: you, doesn't feel like something is missing. You would know if I was being defensive hehe.

Jeff
Old 06-02-2005, 11:26 PM   #2316
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
I'm going to seal my chassis too ( habit I suppose ), but what's up with the shocks? They are also pre-built but feels like they have no oil in them. Goes in really easy and NO rebound
The allotment of space on this chassis is really going to challenge my layout skills. Good thing I got several speedos- Hara Twister2, Futaba MC800C-V2, KO VFS-2000 and VFS-1Pro. I'm using the Spektrum too, so which speedo do you guys think? -JB

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:39 PM   #2317
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
I'm going to seal my chassis too ( habit I suppose ), but what's up with the shocks? They are also pre-built but feels like they have no oil in them. Goes in really easy and NO rebound
The allotment of space on this chassis is really going to challenge my layout skills. Good thing I got several speedos- Hara Twister2, Futaba MC800C-V2, KO VFS-2000 and VFS-1Pro. I'm using the Spektrum too, so which speedo do you guys think? -JB
Well........ perfect shocks have no rebound. They are called "dead shocks". Xray claims to be able to have them if you follow their instructions but I tried and tried when I owned one, never worked. The Corally shocks are the first I have ever found to build perfect "dead" shocks.

The concept is that it doesn't change or affect the "spring" of the shock under cornering. I think it is one of the best parts of the car.

Jeff
Old 06-02-2005, 11:42 PM   #2318
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Thanks for that Jeff, so I should just leave them as is and if I should ever need to rebuild them- try and duplicate the 'dead shock' method?
I'm using 64P spurs, what spurs do you recommend for this car? -JB

Old 06-03-2005, 12:15 AM   #2319
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks for that Jeff, so I should just leave them as is and if I should ever need to rebuild them- try and duplicate the 'dead shock' method?
I'm using 64P spurs, what spurs do you recommend for this car? -JB
I think the biggest you can use with a rear swaybar is 104 tooth. I think a 100 and 104 tooth is fine for adjustment.

I would recommend the "dead shock" feel everytime.

Jeff
Old 06-03-2005, 12:19 AM   #2320
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'll second Jeff ont he Dead shock feel. It's what I always go back to if I can. I also had a xray and it was impossible to get it that way.

-Korey
Old 06-03-2005, 01:33 AM   #2321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
but what's up with the shocks? They are also pre-built but feels like they have no oil in them. Goes in really easy and NO rebound
Dude, did you even open the shocks up to see first? Another clue would have been your bottle of shock oil inside your kit.

Dom
Old 06-03-2005, 05:02 AM   #2322
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Dude, did you even open the shocks up to see first? Another clue would have been your bottle of shock oil inside your kit.

Dom
No I didn't 'open' up the shocks... so what are you saying, I'm suppose to put oil in them now? -JB

Old 06-03-2005, 07:11 AM   #2323
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

I was going to say that. the shocks do not come with oil in them from the factory! They just come assembled!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #2324
Tech Apprentice

I had dead shocks with the stock pistons (.9), but now that I have installed the option 1.3 mm pistons, I have rebound. What am I doing wrong?
Jim D.
ukeejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #2325
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukeejim
I had dead shocks with the stock pistons (.9), but now that I have installed the option 1.3 mm pistons, I have rebound. What am I doing wrong?
Jim D.
what is wrong with rebound? if the shock does do that, its fine it needs about 3mm rebound...
Geforcy is offline   Reply With Quote